Sometimes, as buyers, we get lucky and buy a product that exceeds its price in quality and value. Most of the time we get what we pay for and that's fine.
But every now and again, we the buyer, stumble across a bargain that defies logic.

This is one of them.
It cost £3.43.
It came in a sturdy box, packed perfectly, delivered first class, and arrived in mint condition.
When i opened the box I was greeted with what looked like a very expensive piece of gadgetry. It's clear, solid plastic, with four quality soft pressure absorbant foot pads...on both sides. It has three computer case fans and a USB pass-thru socket. This means that, even when it's plugged into whatever piece of kit you use it with, the USB slot remains free for use by another device.
I bought mine to sit on my Xbox and Sky HD box. But it's sold as a laptop cooler so it has a variety of uses.
I plugged mine into the USB slot on the front of the XBox and the Blue LEDs lit up and the three fans started whirring away.
It's been in place and working away now for 10 days. It takes the hot air away from the xbox and provides a flow of air in and out of the cabinet that also holds the Sky HD box.

For under £3.50..... Delivered.

Simply unbelievable.
on 26 April 2014
Bought one of these before because my laptop tends to overheat, used it constantly for over a year, and i mean it was on almost 24/7 for a year! it obviously eventually burnt out, so i bought another and for that price.....Fantastic!
on 15 March 2015
I was skeptical when I first saw this product. £3.99 , I thought there was no way this was going to be any good but the price persuaded me to at least give it a try.....and I'm glad I did! Arrived promptly and packaged sufficiently, straight out the book, plug in and off we go! The plastic is fairly cheap looking but I expected that at the price but honestly you should not care about the plastic at all. The fans are fantastic and powerful too! Before this I had had a targus cooling pad but this new purchase far exceeds anything the targus ever did for my laptop and I paid £20 for that! I even plugged them both it and this product has fans way more powerful than the targus. Moral of this shopping story, don't go for something just because it looks aesthetically pleasing, chances are you are only paying for that. Pay for something that actually does the job. This product may be stripped down to its bare minimum but I personally don't give a hoot as it's actually cooled what I thought to be my uncoolable hp laptop. Thank you thank you thank you. When this gives up I will definitely buy again.
on 2 November 2014
You get what you pay for and obviously it is a piece of plastic with 3 fans on it. Very good for the money does the job and isn't loud at all, came very quickly and works a treat. If you have a smaller netbook bare in mind it has no grips on the surface only on the four corner so may gradually slide during use if you device is small. Other than that i cannot fault it and the USB is double sided so you aren't even wasting a USB slot when using it.
on 6 March 2014
I had it for more than 9 months now, and I have to say it does a pretty good job of keeping my laptop cool.
When I got it, it was even cheaper and not even an add-on item, so for like £3 delivered it sounded like unbelievably cheap and I did not have great expectations.
Still, it's still working and works well.
I like that puts the laptop keyboard at an angle, which makes for easier typing and, while the size is just right for my 11", it's still usable with a much bigger and bulkier 17". Just, it will cool less I guess, and won't be as stable.
The feet have a good grip. Basically it's just a piece of plastic with 3 fans and three leds, but well designed for what it is.
The usb plug allows to connect a further usb device to it, but given the fans are already drawing most of available amps, I wouldn't trust it with say an hd or even a usb stick.

Weird final note: if you are thinking of turning it upside down, wire it to a 5v adapter and mod it into a magnetic agitator, the shape is just fine, but the fans would lack the torque to spin liquids denser than water (I said it was weird, but who knows, some might find the info useful)
on 16 April 2014
Really good product, cheap works well works for biggers laptops too, fans are powerful and aren't noisy. I'd recommend this product
on 10 April 2015
Overall, could have been better. Bought this a year or two ago as my laptop was overheating, however delivery took a much longer time than anticipated. Believing the order to be lost in the mail I contacted the sender and asked for it to be resent, resulting eventually owning two fans, though the sender was considerate enough to consider the second as a gift. There's one point for customer service. Worked fine when it arrived, however does not seem to be doing as much now. Pads on feet were misaligned on arrival, and it has somewhat of a tendency to slide around on the desk, resulting in my laptop almost or actually falling if my earphones get caught when I stand up. Exposed power lead also makes it slightly clumsy to set up, and can get caught in the fans. As of writing this I am looking for a replacement, as my laptop is once again overheating under my hands. In summary, works well short term, but would not recommend as a long term fix.
on 18 July 2015
M laptop was a bit overheating it it was on all overnight. Since I bought this cooler the temp is ok all the time.
The fans have some noise but it's ok, it doesn't even disturb my 7 week old daughter.

The blue light is ok, not too strong.
on 2 December 2014
You get what you pay for with this product. It says "Coolding pad" on the package so don't expect the highest of quality. Actually if you are experienced enough to put together a simple electric circuit, I'm sure that making your own "coolding pad" won't be an issue.
However for people who can't do that, including me, It does the job okay. The plastic is very thin and bendable though. Also the fans aren't covered on the bottom so it couldn't be used on a lap. Another disadvantage is that it juices the battery extremely fast (less than an hour, while mine usually lasts about 2 and a half).
Recommend it? Meh...
on 7 February 2014
Item arrived very quickly. Item looks very nice, but does not really do anything, I have used this with my laptop and it does not really cool the fans down, unless I raise the laptop slightly off of the base, which is pointless. I used this for about a week and did not do anything, recently got a more expensive brand of cooling tray and works so much better, can actually feel that the fan is doing what it is suppose to do. This item would be much better for just a lightweight normal notebook, although it does advertise it works for more.