on 24 August 2003
I enjoyed watching this DVD... it gave me an excuse to stay in my room all day! I love the series and I think it's sad that the current season will be the last. Although, the DVD gives fans a legacy to enjoy for a long time.
It's interesting to watch the first season and think about how each character has evolved and how the story lines have matured and got more interesting. It makes me laugh because some of the characters and their relationships are so different now, e.g. Joey and Pacey. (But who else thinks the guy Joey meets in episode 3 is gorgeous?!)
So, to all you Dawson's Creek fans - this is one DVD you can't miss out on!
on 1 June 2003
After the success of Scream (1996) and its first sequel. Writer Kevin Williamson turned his attention to TV with a dramatic series that resonated in a way not seen since My so-called Life!
The first two seasons of Dawson's Creek (alongside Buffy on The WB network) with its charismatic cast, crackling dialogue and post-modern self awareness, provided compelling viewing for teens and pop culture-savvy adults alike!
on 7 October 2003
One thing I like about Dawson's Creek is that like Dawson says that all the answers to todays questions can be found in the movies I too find inspiation from watching Dawson's Creek. Weird as it seems sometimes you just have to think about what they are saying word for word and if you look further into it you find thought provoking philsophies portrayed by the writers. I'm 26 and still enjoy watching it.
on 17 February 2004
After waiting for a full series to be brought out on video in the UK for many years, I was so excited to find that it had been released on DVD. Even better. And I wasnt disappointed. It was as great as I remember it & cant help watching them over. Cant wait for series 2!!!!!!!! Any die hard fan will not be able to resist
on 10 October 2003
I love Dawson's Creek, so much so I taped every episode since it started. So, when this came out, I thought fantastic. I enjoyed all the extras and of course I'd seen all the episodes. My only criticism is, there are no scene selections with individual episodes, this was annoying, and thats why it only gets 4 stars.
on 9 July 2013
US drama does not get much better than this gem !!It formed a basis for other dramas like smallville etc . I first saw DK in the Christmas of 1999 , and I fell in love with it .Great location , great acting and a real coming of age theme which is open for people of various different ages !! A must buy !!
on 25 April 2000
...Season 1 of DC rules- it is the quintessential teen drama, and the episode 'Detention' is probably the best ever. However, bear in mind that Trouble has shown these episodes about 10 times each...
on 14 November 2003
The first ever 'Creek episode i watched was in season 4, "the Te of Pacey" After that i forgot about it for a while, and then i started to watch the new 5th season on channel 4 when it arrived. It was a slow burner with me, but i was obsessed by the end of the season. Then i found that the first season was out on dvd, and so i rushed to buy it.
I really like this dvd, despite the (relative) lack of extras, and i must have watched it twice over at least. As I am only a year older than the characters are in the first season, it really cheers me up watching similar problems affecting the capesiders lives, knowing that im not the only one with problems.
Anyway, back to the review. My favourite episodes are the pilot, detention, beauty contest and the finale, and the best moments include Joeys amazing rendition of on my own, and watching poor dawson lose his rag on a regular occasion. Despite the fact that they all seem to annoy me at times, Dawson is my favourite character, with Pacey a close second. They are all deep characters tho, and i look forward to getting the 2nd season asap. So, go back to the start and relive Capeside life.
on 11 June 2015
although in used condition every disk was there no scratches and has allowed me to re live my youth
on 10 November 2003
this is soooooooooo good. it has all the classic original episodes and the extras are not to be missed. dawsons creek fans will be in heaven!!!!!!!!