5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome contemporary romance, 23 Nov 2013
I've been looking forward to this book for ages and it exceeded expectation and here's why ....

- Love the friends-to-lovers trope but usually it is portrayed as one-sided (usually on the girl's side) and slightly unbelievable when the clueless one `suddenly' realises he's in love. However, Leah and Jack's friendship and relationship was so much more complex than that - yes, they were friends but they had almost explored a relationship before and it wasn't a surprise to either of them that there were feelings there, just the depth of those feelings.

- Jack and Leah weren't perfect. They were real, they had flaws and we got to see how their relationships with their fathers made them who they are.

- I loved all the secondary characters and Jack and Leah's relationships with them: Ali and Aubrey, Dee (loved that she knew that Jack and Leah's relationship was pretend), Elsie and Lucille of course!

- The whole firehouse life - please Jill can book #9, #10 and #11 be about the firefighters the EMT and their relationships?!

- Kevin the dog!

- The reveal of the `bad guy' came as a bit of a surprise.

I loved the set up for Ben/Aubrey's story and I can't wait to read it. After Book #3 was released and it was announced that there would be a Book #4, #5, #6, I wasn't sure whether more books in the series were necessary but with Book #7 and now the wonderful Book #8, I am firmly convinced that I am not ready to leave the town of Lucky Harbor yet!

PS. My only grumble is that I wish the editors knew the difference between fiancé and fiancée.

Book: 5*

Cover: 4*

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot romance, 1 Nov 2013
Love this series of books. Every woman should have a Jack in there life. Jill Shalvis has the ability to reel you in with strong sexy characters, and who doesn't love a fireman. Looking forward to more from this series. Jill's heroines are also believable and come with quirks that we all have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always on my mind review, 14 Oct 2013
Jill Shalvis is one of my favourite authors and I was luckily enough to be chosen to be one of her bookaholics members. I read this book over a couple of days so it tells you how gripped I was with Jills magically story telling. Always On My Mind is about Leah a pastry chef running her grandmas bakery while she recovers from knee surgery and Jack a firefighter. The story evolves a lot around Leah who has never been able to stay in one place for long and who has been a contestant in a tv show called Sweet Wars, and she is not able to say if she won or not to her family and friends, however she plans to leave before the airing of the last program in order not to face them when they find out the result. Jack and Leah have a known each other from being young and they have always looked out for one another from then, always there when the other needed it, and this leads Leah to telling Jacks mother (Dee Harper) who is fighting breast cancer a lie that she and Jack are an item in order for her to relax and help her to recover better instead of worrying about her son not having serious relationships. The story then goes on about the ups and downs of their 'pretend' relationship, sweet wars and their is an arsonist thrown in the mix too. This story is fun, smart and sexy and I can not wait for the next story. Congratulations once again Jill Shalvis, keep up the good work.