5.0 out of 5 stars pure gold

Published on 7 Mar. 2006 by Dabo

5.0 out of 5 stars pure gold, 24 Nov. 2006
sean paul mccann "mccanns23" (ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
i have finished watching the entire series 3 for the third time and have to say that its sensational,it gets better with each viewing,22 episodes of medical drama with alot more thrown in,the show as always runs with the formula of hilarious moments with a life lesson thrown in,you cant help but feel something at the end of each episode and as i said you will have laughed alot.

Series 3 builds on the interns third year at sacred heart hospital and how they deal with life or death situations as well as their own problems and dealing with doctor kelso who is the hospital leader so to speak and dr.cox who is trying to help them become as good as they can but its never obvious,he makes them work for his respect.

The key moments here are j.d with his brilliant imagination and internal monolouge which is excellent as he deals with a new relationship with jordans sister and his continued feelings for elliott.My favourite moments include when kelso loses his hearing,when the janitor becomes the pa announcer,the wedding of carla and turk to name but a few,in each episode there is so much you want to talk about,brilliant stuff throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Feb. 2007
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I love scrubs and each series just gets better. You get to hear JD's hilarious internal monolgue, as well as seeing some of his more outlandish imaginings. The various relationships are both touching and packed with humour. There are also some great guest appearances in this series from Michael J Fox as an OCD doctor, Brenden Fraser and Tara Reid. The janitor is still tormenting JD, The Todd is still chucking out double entendres andd high fives and Dr Cox is as caustic as ever. Buy it, kick back and laugh until your sides need stitches!

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of Scrubs, 23 April 2007
T. R. Alexander (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This third season of Scrubs is my favourite of the ones that I have seen. Although it is generally just more of what has gone before this season has some brilliant episodes and some particularly great guest stars. Michael J. Fox's performance as a visiting doctor suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder is exceptional and is probably the best thing I have seen him do in ages. Season three also includes what is almost certainly the most emotional episode of Scrubs; `My Screw Up' which I am embarrassed to say actually made me shed a tear or two. All the other episodes are almost as strong and the season as a whole is the best that Scrubs has to offer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scrubs - Complete Season 3, 5 Aug. 2011
it is the young doctors' third year at sacred heart. elliot (sarah chalk) decides to change her image, with some help from the janitor (neil flynn); JD (zac braff) muddles his feeling for elliot by dating jordan's sister danni (tara reid); while turk and carla (donald faison & judy reyes) are engaged and planning their wedding. dr cox (john c. mcginley) has his usual moments. the season is famous for one of the saddest scrubs moments ever, taking place in one of the cleverest episodes, "my screw up". one of the very best seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weighing in with another 5-star review, 25 July 2008
Jonathan Oakey (Brussels Belgium) - See all my reviews
Season 3 was thoroughly enjoyed both by myself and by my children, although some of the sexual content is a little mature for younger children. The classification is 12, but there is a high level of sexual references and some non-explicit sex scenes, and some parents may feel uncomfortable with that at the younger end of the classification.
It's basically more of the same from seasons 1 and 2, although there is some development of the characters and in the storylines. However, you don't watch Scrubs for the drama, you watch it for the comedy, and on this point is scores very highly, with loads of very funny jokes, interactions and visual jokes - if you have this on while doing something else and don't actually watch the screen, you will miss a significant amount of the comedy.
If you enjoyed the first two seasons but wonder whether they could keep the level up in the third, worry no longer but watch and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy at it's very best., 1 Nov. 2007
Scrubs offers a much needed lifeboat in a vast sea of dull television programmes. The concept for the show is pure genius, with J.D's first-person narration of events allowing for endless comic opportunities. But this is not a one man show, and supporting characters like Dr Cox, Turk and the Janitor all pull their comic weight magnificiently. I personally place this alongside the second series as the height of the show's brilliance, the writers and actors had really gotten into their stride, and the show was still fresh and innovative. Series 3 also contains some of the show's heralded emotional episodes, which considering the show is predominantly a comedy, are done fantastically done, in fact better than most dramas. 'My Screw Up' is the standout episode, but honourable mention must also go to Michael J. Fox for his outstanding turn as a super-doc with OCD. Highly recommended for any comedy fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 3 Sept. 2009
Sam "msaa500" (York, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
one of the best drama/comedy shows I have seen, and continuing from season 1, and 2, this season does not fail to continue being just brilliant. Both situation and physical comedy really leap ahead in this season, though there are some moments where you think that you have seen that before, and it is repetitive, but there is always that minute difference that makes it better. Every character in the show is brilliant, and for me the ones that really stood out in this season are that of the Janitor and the gorgeous Dr. Elliot, two of my favorite characters in the show, in addition to Dr. Cox, who adds a lot to the show. Very addictive, and entertaining and after Friends, this is the best American comedy I have seen. Cannot wait to watch the rest of the seasons, if you have not started watching this already, you are missing a lot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stupid region inequality, 7 Mar. 2006
Scrubs is a great show and Season 3 keeps up the laughs and is a joy to watch. Unfortunatly for me, buying DVDs is more than just having shows or movies to watch at my leisure, it's about the extras and this is where the region 2 DVD of Scrubs Season 3 really lets the fans down. I love the show and find I can watch the episodes over and over but what made the First 2 DVDs great was the fantastic extras which gave a real insight into the scrubs world. The extras on this one seem a bit short but most importantly there are no outtakes, deleted scenes or commentaries!! These were the extras I really wanted (The commentaries and outtakes on the other seasons were hilarious) but there not there. The kicker to all of this is that supposodly they will be on the Region 1 DVDs when they come out in May. I would have waited till May for the Region 2 ones had it meant they would of had all the extras too. It just seems unfair to sell the fans in Europe a lesser version of the DVDs. I can't fault the show but I can sure as hell fault the DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly funny, very cleverly written..., 10 Feb. 2006
Mr. B. HAYES "Barry Hayes" (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
Whilst I cannot comment on the DVD extra's as this DVD has not been released yet, I did watch every episode when it was on television. This is one american sitcom that I just cannot get enough of. This is the ONLY sitcom that has managed to make me laugh out loud in every single supplement. Forget the tedious yawn that is 'Friends', which people will not stop raving about, Scrubs manages to keep fresh without straying too far from the initial idea. Johnny C kills me every time with his hilarious put downs, whilst JD cracks me up with his totally ridiculous imagination...not to mention Neil Flynn's skills displayed in his character 'Janitor'...just brilliant brilliant brilliant...you must seen this!
Like I say this DVD hasn't been released as I write this but I do own Series 1 & 2 on DVD and the extra's on those are fantastic, and there's LOADS of them, so I'm sure this DVD release will be similar!
Baz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great season, 18 Feb. 2009
A. Clews - See all my reviews
Season 3 of Scrubs is definatly one of my favourite series. The series bases itself around Turk & Carla's wedding. Also the J.D/Elliot will they, wont they story.

It has some brilliant episodes such as 'My Screw Up' which guest stars Brenden Fraiser with a emotional ending.

It has numerous guest appearances most notably Tara Reid as 'Danni' JD'S new love interest and Jordan's sister.

I couln't recommend this series more as it is on par with series 2, 4 and 5. Buy it now you will not regret it.

My Friend the Doctor