5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! totally engrossing storyline and characterisation
Published on 4 Jan 2000 by Julie Lawes

3.0 out of 5 stars A slight let down
I read this after reading 'No Good Deed' which I had really enjoyed and I found this less engaging. I would probably have liked it more had my expectations not been as high. Still worth loading onto a kindle for a long flight!
Published 20 months ago by ChaCha

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! totally engrossing storyline and characterisation, 4 Jan 2000
Julie Lawes (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stronger Than Death (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book,managing to read it in one sitting without difficulty,in fact,the difficult thing would have been putting it down. Intelligent and intense,the story blows apart the sanctified mystique of the medical profession. I was drawn into the complex relationships between the women,the tangled web of love,loss and revenge. I am a city person through and through,but I would dearly love a visit to the farm that Kellen calls home.
Some words come to me over and over, it's Kellen who observes ' There are words,and there is the truth.Only one of these matters '
Hope you read this,Manda!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 20 Jan 2000
jank421 "jank52" (Woodbridge, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stronger Than Death (Paperback)
Manda's latest, "Stronger than Death", is amazing! I wish I were a more eloquent reviewer so that I could adequately express how wonderfully this nail-biter of a mystery is written. Having read her first two Kellen Stewart novels, I was unwilling to wait until the book hit the States, so I ordered it from amazon.co.uk. Not only was I not disappointed in the newest entry in the Kellen series, I was so into the novel that I simply could not put it down. Manda's personal insight into her emotionally-driven characters make it an incredibly well-written, soul-satisfying adventure.
Bravo, Manda! Thank you for the experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely well written and totally absorbing., 29 Dec 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Stronger Than Death (Paperback)
I was bought this as a christmas present and once I'd started reading it, I just couldn't wait to continue with it. I've missed loads of tv programs and stayed up till the wee hours, just to "read another chapter". It's very well thought out and the attention to detail is astonishing. You feel as if you know all the characters personally by the end of the book. I have learnt a lot about climbing from it too, and was exhausted at the end of the major ascent in it. I wish I could go to stay at Kellen's farm, it sounds so homely and warm. If you want a book to totally engross you on cold winter's nights,this is the one for you. It'll keep you on your toes till the end and leave you feeling emotionally attached to the characters, as if you've been to visit all the locations, worryingly knowledgable about pain clinics and path labs and never trusting a doctor again.

3.0 out of 5 stars A slight let down, 21 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Stronger than Death, 5 May 2010
Gdad "Brian" (Notts. England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stronger than Death (Paperback)
An excellent story teller who obviously loves animals, plus loads of intrigue. Keeps you page turning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another winner!, 30 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Stronger than Death (Paperback)
The high standards of style and content set by Manda Scott's first two books are superseded in her third - she just keeps improving. (Be warned, the characters from this series of 3 don't appear in her forth book, No Good Deed; much as you may miss them - and perhaps the gay aspect - it, too, is well worth reading.). Enjoy! (And if you're reading this, Manda - can we have more, soon? I need a fix!)

Stronger Than Death