4.0 out of 5 stars Party time
When I bought Wii Party U I was a little sceptical. Other reviews online made the game out to be dull, overly complicated and not very fun. However, I took a chance and bought it anyway.

Colour me surprised, then, when we discovered that the game is a lot of fun to play. Me and my girlfriend tend to play the board game modes more, which take many cues from the...
Published 10 months ago by A. P

3.0 out of 5 stars The game's not great, but considering it's pretty much free with the remote...
Who wins the games is often very arbitrary, particularly the ball pushing game which is entirely luck and no skill at all... Worth a buy for the wiimote, but the game itself is nothing to write home about.
Published 7 months ago by S. Richardson

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring and plain lazy on nintendo's part, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wii Party U with Remote Plus - Black (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Having played mario party and the previous wii party games we bought this for one of our 'wii nights' the added controller was a bonus as our old ones are dying a slow death.. Anyway ..

So first impressions reading the case we thought it would be a hit for the group but the views changed very quick. I know the mini games are mini games but they last 10-15 seconds if that, you spend more time waiting for it to load.

Ok so we tried a bored game type ie roll the dice move and a mini game after everyone's had a go. That fine, but no skill is involved, if your winning the computer automatically sends you to last place, I know it's supposed to keep things fair but tbh why bother playing and trying if your only going to be over taken by the computer or a friend that's not so good :/ after several 'nerd rages' it got turned off.

So a few days later I thought I'd try on my own no influences by anyone else... But again felt like something was missing. I tried the table top games with the game pad and a few mini games but had enough after 20 mins and packed it away.

Our party group ages from 11-30 .. Non of us have attempted to get the game back out, the only reason we didn't trade in was the controller.

I personally wouldn't recommend unless your wanting a controller and this is the same price or less. I gave it 2 stars because of the controller, game on its own isn't worth the 1.

C'mon nintendo bring us something decent for this expensive console.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not good enough, 24 Nov 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
We loved wii party but this really does not do anything different and is in fact worse. The gamepad is utilised but not to great effect. My daughter got really fed up at the random element of the board games where you constantly get sent back to last place (more than the previous one).

The proof of the pudding is whether your kids want to play it and my 9 year old daughter loved the last wii party but really doesn't want to play this.

We like the wii u but Nintendo have been lazy with their games and releases and this game is testimony to that.

Nintendo have to move forward at some point with their games rather than just rehashing the same old formula, otherwise even die hard fans like us will stop buying their consoles.

But hey Nintendo must have known it was not a great game otherwise they wouldn't have bundled in a free wii controller that sells at only 5 less than the game and controller.

That makes the game worth about a fiver. Which is probably about right!

2.0 out of 5 stars At least you get a controller., 25 Nov 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
The games range from mediocre to terrible.

Just about worth it because of the Wii u Remote Plus I guess, but you wouldn't be missing much if you saved yourself a couple of quid and bough a Wii U Remote Plus by itself.

1.0 out of 5 stars not what we needed, 1 Feb 2014
We thought it was a game that could also be used with the old wii console. It was a xmas present so once opened we couldnt send it back. Unfortunately we cant use it. It's not very clear that it is only for the wii u console. Perhaps there was a little ignorance on my part!
The batteries provided with the remote control didnt work either.

Wii Party U with Remote Plus - Black (Nintendo Wii U)
52.00