Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 November 2014
Well, I toyed for long enough as to whether or not to buy this album. I wasted so much time instead of buying it and dancing like I was 17 again. I love all of the tracks, and although I didn't get to Wigan Casino, it's fame reached across the Pennines to my corner of East Yorkshire, where neither I nor my friends could ever scrape up enough to make the Saturday night journey - a great pity. However, that didn't stop me or my local DJs from having a great time with some of this music. Buy it, be young again, hit your kitchen floor (everyone knows you can't dance on carpet!!), enjoy :) :) :)
on 2 May 2014
This is an excellent cd better than most of the other compilations. There were only about four tracks that I already had in my original vinyl collection and cd's. I was on the Northern Soul scene in the mid to late 70's and this cd brings back many happy memories. Over thirty years later I'm still listening to Northern Soul.
on 9 January 2014
An album you can listen to over and over with great beats. I expected this double album to be full of music that I already had but I was pleasantly surprised to find a few tracks I had never heard before. Great for sticking in the CD changer in the car and just letting it play. Your journey is over in no time at all. I was too young for the Casino, though I do remember seeing the place. I came to Northern Soul late but the passion was ignited by Judy Street's classic What (not on this compilation). I think my favourite track though has to be The Originals "Suspicion". Worth every penny.
Consisting of 40 Northern Soul tracks to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Northern Soul all-nighters at Wigan Casino, this is an excellent budget compilation. Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons kick off proceedings with the storming 'The Night' (a UK Top 10 hit in 1972) and from there on the quality rarely falters. Connoisseurs will be familiar with most of the songs but as with most Northern Soul compilations there are a few lesser known tracks (to my ears at least).

Frank Wilson's ubiquitous 'Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)' opens proceedings on the second disc and two songs from the "3 before 8" close the album. I can only assume that licensing issues prevented the third song - Tobi Legend's sublime 'Time Will Pass You By' - from being included. Nonetheless, whether you're reliving the memories of your youth or making fresh ones, this is a quality compilation (and it's a bargain too!).
on 1 May 2014
Some fab old classics in this double CD. Love it. WARNING: you cannot work while this CD is on because your feet are moving...
on 26 April 2014
I bought this along with The Ultimate Torch, they came together, well packaged. Another great Northern Soul CD to add to my collection.
on 16 April 2014
A real mix of the Northern Soul scene. Some good classics that I knew well and some lesser known tracks I hadn't. Good stuff. KTF
on 4 December 2013
celebrating 40 years of the old nightclub, a good mixture of the usual favourites and some vintage tracks not often heard
on 22 March 2015
Best thing about this compilation is that it's packed with tracks that the "Purists" and "Aficionado's" love to turn there noses up to.

Can't really fault any track here but Kelly Garrett's "Loves the Only Answer" will always be in my top 5 Northern Dancers.

Anyone looking for a CD to give a true flavour of the Casino can buy this set with confidence.

Buy, play, enjoy, repeat!! ;)
on 20 December 2014
This is a gift and I'm sure it's going to be well appreciated, packaged well and arrived quickly thank you