5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Optical Gaming Surface
This is a large mouse pad, but it is firm with a high-grip underbelly that sticks to a wooden desk like an invisible clamp ... marvelous!

Published 11 months ago by Paul Tinsley

3.0 out of 5 stars Large, accurate and durable BUT watch those edges!!!
Pros
Provides an excellent, smooth and extremely responsive surface to compliment my Logitech MX518 laser mouse.
Size - it's almost A3 paper size
Durability - The surface is rock solid and easy to clean, simply wipe with a damp cloth.

Cons
The mat is 3mm high and the edges are RAZOR SHARP! If your hand or wrist drag on the bottom edge of the...
Published 6 months ago by Chris Grant

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Optical Gaming Surface, 9 Jan 2014
Paul Tinsley "Tinz" (Guernsey, British Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I use a Logitech G500 Optical Gaming Mouse and it works exceptionally well with this pad. I have played all of my favourite games recently with this pad and it's as if I have always had the pad, because I haven't had any issues with it at all. I have been so immersed with the games, and the response from the pad has been so good, that I have nothing to say other than it is absolutely awesome! Some people may worry that the pad doesn't have a wrist rest. I used to have a pad with a wrist rest but I haven't had any problems moving over to this one. The feeling may feel a little foreign at first, but it quickly goes away.

Get one ... if you have the desk space ...

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but pricey, 26 Dec 2013
Schnuggles (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As others have commented, this is quite a large mouse mat. The base is a type of rubber so prevents slippage which is certainly not wanted for game playing. The surface is very smooth and aids quick responses particularly in games. In fact, my playing in Borderlands 2 has improved daft as it may seem.

However, two things:

One: the price - this is quite expensive at around £25 so would only recommend for semi-serious/serious game players.
Two: it's not a good mat to use for photo work as you want a slight friction to "hold" onto the mouse".

4.0 out of 5 stars I prefer my old shaped ultra-rigid metal Razer eXact-X-Control mat, but a decent faster & larger alternative, 26 Jan 2014
Keith_Joseph (West Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This mouse mat is made from semi-rigid plastic and seems well made, although it probably would crumple if a bit hangs over the edge of the desk and gets lent on when gaming (not really tested that, but you could certainly bend the mouse pad into two if you wanted to). The mat's size: Width 34 cm, Depth 28 cm, Thickness 3 mm, and Weight 229 g. So it's a big beast and can't easily be cut down to size. The underneath has a non-slip base which naturally helps prevent sliding, and it grips well provided the desk top is fairly flat. The mat's mousing surface is fine for my Logitech MX Performance mouse which I use a lot for gaming as I prefer the mouse to arrow keys for movement in games like Thief, Bioshock and the COD series. I can't live without a proper mouse mat for accurate mouse movement and this G440 mouse mat is perfectly good for that although its surface is very fast and slippery.

Unlike my fave ultra rigid metal Razer eXact-X-Control mat, this G440 doesn't have a reversible alternative precision/fast surface underneath, and this Logitech mat is slightly too big for my desktop as my gaming PC has to sit on the desk in my small home office. My Razer eXact mat's a very similar size to the G440, but is OK on my desk as its sides and bottom angle in. However this Logitech 440 fits on my teenage sons large under-bed bench desk perfectly and he likes it a lot - being 17 and a massive gamer, his youthful dexterity means he is fine with his Razer Deathadder set to ultra-sensitivity and the G440's slick super-fast response surface.

As a fast surface gaming mouse mat, this mat is perfectly adequate, easy to wipe clean, and competitively priced at £25 street prices. Its smoother plastic top doesn't seem to trap the dust quite as much as my rougher hard Razer precision surface (but that hard Razer surface is tough and washes off perfectly under the tap twice a year or so). I do prefer my Razer eXact-X-Control mat's slower 'precision' surface that has quite a bit more resistance and so finer precise control, so I'll knock a star off this G440, but this Logitech's certainly a good alternative if you have the desk space and like a 'fast' easy slide quick-response gaming mouse surface. Besides my beloved unbendable aluminium metal-alloy Razer eXact-X-Control isn't about these days and the replacement Razer Vespula Gaming Mouse Mat is also made from tough plastic not metal, but this new Razer mat retains the reversible fast/precision mice surfaces and desk friendly shape that I like. Still if you're happy with a 34 cm x 28 cm responsive fast surface gaming mouse mat next to your keyboard then look no further. This G440 gaming mat comes with a three year warranty.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a Big Mouse Mat, 12 Jan 2014
M. G. Chisholm "chiefengineer3" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Advertised as a gaming pad what you really have is a large format - close to A3 - sized mouse mat. I don't game but I do use Autocad with a mouse once in a while and having a larger surface is ideal for this purpose.

In terms of quality - well, it appears to be well made, near solid and certainly non slip. Pretty good to be honest.

So for those who need to use a mouse over a wider area then this would be a good option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant durable mousepad, 29 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't used a mousepad in about 3 years. Nowadays when your mouse can work on pretty much every surface, glass aside, it's one of those things you decide to skimp on when building your gaming pc. I was satisfied with my metal tabletop for a while, but decided to give this product a shot. It's night and day in terms of performance.

The surface feels super slippery at first. There is very little friction and the pad is pretty large. In fact, I might say it's a little too big, particularly if you have a smaller desk, but the hard wearing surface and the thick compact padding mean that you can put stuff on top of it no problems without the fear of the mouse-pad padding getting un-even.

Onto games, it shines in first person shooters. Only when I went back to using my desk, did I realise how my mouse would track irregularly on the table. Occasionally stuttering and simply not tracking across the surface evenly. With this pad, you notice immediately that the point never jumps magically to another point on the screen or misses a frame (assuming your cpu keeps up). Turning requires less lifting of the mouse due to mouse acceleration being exponentially increased through quick sharp movements.

Logitech claims this pad is specifically designed for their G series gaming mice, but I would imagine that's simply marketing spiel to buy everything in their G range. Simply put, this surface is likely better than 95% of the surfaces you're already using, and 100% assuming you're not using at sort of pad at all. It feels that it should stand the test of time too. Good thick grippy rubber means it doesn't move and inch and it improves practically any mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Large usable surface on a semi-rigid gaming mouse mat, 21 Dec 2013
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As mice have progressed and many now offer increased sensitivity and the ability to track at higher DPI rates than was previously possible, mouse mats have become generally smaller and typically now have a working surface of about 18-20cm per side disregarding any non-essential features. This is considerably larger, 28 by 34cm (approx 11.3 x 13.5 inches), and consequently provides 2.5-3 times more working area than standard. It is therefore considered ideal for gaming which is the market towards which Logitech had launched it. Although it may also prove equally viable for non-gaming use, you may need to add a wristrest or similar device to prevent RSI.

As with many other mouse mats, this employs a thin foam layer to provide non-slip adhesion to a desk surface and a thicker, bonded, textured polyurethane working surface. With an area this large it allows simultaneous use by two gamers with one working bottom to middle and the other top to middle using diagonally opposed corners. The surface feels smooth with several different mice, mostly from Logitech, although any other should prove equally satisfactory.

Although it is quite dissimilar in shape and dimensions, the mat's surface looks and feels similar to a 3M product purchased several years ago.

In relation to smaller mouse mats this may appear slightly expensive but, with its much enlarged working area, it offers comparable value. As Logitech are generally considered to be a company that knows its products and markets, the mat will satisfy many of its purchasers and users. It is an alternative to the offerings from Razer and similar gaming accessory specialists and from a brand that is more widely recognised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse surface and not just for gaming, 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad (Accessory)
The pad itself is huge, easily twice the size of a typical cheap pad you might buy, and it's fairly rigid which is great if your work surface is slightly uneven.The surface is really good and will let your mouse scoot around with minimal resistance, and the sheer size of it means you'll hardly ever need to pick it up when you run out of space. And the underside is nice and grippy and will cling to just about any surface without slipping around in use. Overall it's a great mouse surface, and even though it's marketed as a "gaming" mouse pad it's an excellent pad for general use as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech G440 hard gaming mouse pad, 12 Dec 2014
This review is from: Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad (Accessory)
Even though I was concerned with the expense of this mouse pad I was surprised pleasantly by the quality of this product. First of all the product you can tell is made out of high quality materials which is good and comfortable when you rest you arm on it. Another thing is that it improved the DPI of my mouse drastically! I felt the difference straight away and my mouse slides over it like ice. The size of the pad is very large and gives lots of room especially for gaming when doing large maneuvers which require it. Overall quality product. Good job Logitech.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect partner to the Logitech G502 Proteus Core mouse., 7 Oct 2014
T.Howard (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad (Accessory)
Excellent companion to the G502 Proteus Core mouse, even has a pre-set mode in the mouse driver settings to enable maximum performance.

Surface is nice and slick without feeling like an ice rink - making a great balance between control and speed. Nice upgrade to my aging soft Razer Goliathus pad. Size is generous without taking up too much desk real estate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad (Accessory)
Quality design products. I can only recommend to other customers. I am very excited. Very good product. Shipping without any problems.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›