on 4 September 2013
This single takes me back almost exactly 20 years to the release of Very, but more particularly the limited edition Relentless bonus CD that came with early copies of the album. That featured (at the time) very experimental dance tracks, and the mixes, and b-sides (Entschuldigung! and Get It Online) remind me very much of this mini-album, whilst the mixes of Love is a Borgeois Construct (in this instance Nighttime Radio edit and The Penelopes Remix) are worthwhile additions to the portfolio.

These tracks have lifted me this morning, and feeling much better now.

Well done Neil and Chris again.
on 11 October 2013
I love the new album/gave it 5...but this is not a very good PSB ep and here's why - for as long as I've been buying ep's and ext. mixes, etc. I've always thought of a 'dub' version as an 'instrumental' version, single edit and single mixes are usually almost exactly the same as the version on the full album. The three dub or instrumental versions (7/8/9) are just that taken from the previous three remixes (4/5/6) and the Penelopes remix is an insturmental with only the title being sung/sprinkled in a couple of times. The Claptone mix is a slowed mix with handclaps (mildly interesting) and the only true 'remix' and it is a pretty good one is the Little Boots mix.

"Entschuldigung' is insturmental with the exception of some spoken German - it's ok, reminds me of light industrial, sort of reminds me of an ok Front 242 track.

'Get it Online' is almost the PSB's response to some of the instrumental/foreign language tracks recently put out by OMD. It's the better of the two b-sides I think, but not by much.

So there you have a couple of ok b-sides, a 'good' mix by Little Boots and the rest is filler.

I'm not a 'blind' follower, not even of the best out there. If you want a solid PSB ep try last years 'Winner' ep with 'A Certain Je Ne..' and 'Way Through the Woods' or the Leaving ep with 'Hell' and 'In his Imagination' or the Christmas ep.

This one isn't worth the high prices I see people paying
...enjoy the pretty packaging.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 October 2013
Based on first single "Vocal" the price of this single is soon heading towards the stratosphere. If you are a PSB fan get this single NOW (October 2013) before it reaches those levels - currently £40. What you get is 7 remixes of the lead title of which the two Little Boots mixes are the best to my ears, though all are worthy. These are backed up with two new tracks the self-mocking "Entschuldigung!" and the wry "Get It Online". As any PSB fan will tell you hidden gems lie in the bonus tracks and in the latter in particular there are so many layers of meaning if you listen hard enough it's like peeling an onion. It comes in a very high quality double card sleeve, and though the artwork perhaps isn't up to their usual standards it's still well worth it.
on 7 February 2014
I didn't realise this was a single double EP I love the lyrics when Neil Tennant sings the line 'drinking tea like Tony Benn' in which it makes me want to chuckle especially the first time I heard the song I also like he remix of the track as it sounds good on vinyl.
on 27 October 2013
The wonderful Pet Shop Boys who ive loved since day one can do no wrong for me . Brilliant lyrics singalong tune and of course the wonderful voice of Neil Tennant who i could listen to all day . Fab tune from from fab cd Electric , long may they continue . Well done Neil & Chris you are true icons .
on 15 October 2013
These guys have so many wonderful lyrics and songs behind them, I am not sure what this is about. To my mind, proper love is natural, and has nothing to do with politics. I suspect these guys have their tongue firmly placed in their cheeks with this one. (Not the first time!). They are still very entertaining, long may it last.
on 6 September 2013
Always been a big fan and will consume most product released, but remixes these days are just becoming noise.

If it doesn't either augment the original or take it in a completely different direction, then just adding a few 80's hand claps and another booming drum line isn't a remix.

A couple of the mixes in here are ok to listen too, but the rest are just noise. Total shame as this song is my favourite on the album.

8 out of 10... could do better!
on 8 November 2013
It was a bit steep in price but an excellent addition to my collection since I couldn't find it anywhere else. he package arrived in excellent shape, just as described by the seller. I will definitely keep them in mind for further purchases. Thank you.
on 3 September 2013
As always PSB manage to produce yet another fresh yet classic sounding pop stomper...
Almost Thirty years on from WEG the quality of their output remains consistantly high.. Long may they continue...
on 1 October 2013
Wonderful song, daft lyrics, very boppy and the CD single clocks in at over 52 mins. The Pets have really found some form again. Whats not to like ??