5.0 out of 5 stars excellent
Sick of hearing the same old rubbish from the same old bands download this proper new exciting music and its free!
Published 11 months ago by johnagar

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, but nothing really stands out as being fantastic
I should probably start by saying that I'm not really in to this type of music. It's not that I hate it or anything, just that there I spend more time listening to other types of music. Which I prefer.

Published 11 months ago by Perfect Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Try Me, Fly Me, a Free Damaged Goods Sampler 2013 (MP3 Download)

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm Enjoying This, 2 Sep 2013
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
I saw this on promo and just had to download it. I must admit that I already have a few of the tracks on here anyway, but not all of them. I don't know how popular such music as this is these days, but this is worth listening to. With twenty tracks here you do have a very good selection. As with any album such as this you will find you love some, and others you just think are average, but whilst this doesn't cost anything you might as well get it. After all, at the end of the day you can always delete the tracks you don't like, and keep the rest. In all this is a good album to download.

2.0 out of 5 stars free music, 3 Dec 2013
this was okay downloaded quickly played fine no issues but i did not really like the music was not for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Sampler, 12 Oct 2013
M. Warren - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this sampler; not all the music was to my taste but that is the point of a sampler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 9 Oct 2013
For a freebie, it doesnt get much better than this. Enjoying all the new artists and will be considering purchasing one or two albums!

4.0 out of 5 stars Try Me, Fly Me, 7 Oct 2013
Not bad for a free download. Did not know what to expect but sounds OK to me although probably unlikely to rush to buy the full CD. Quite happy with the sampler thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to a great label, 5 Oct 2013
Damaged Goods have been putting out fantastic garage punk & indie for years - this is a great (and free) introduction to its current roster of talent. And, hey, anything with Piney Gir on it is alright in my books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Free fun and made me smile, 1 Oct 2013
this is jolly good - wot
Punk still lives even if it now calls itself alternative - raucous sometimes quirky at others but worth every penny

4.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Indie Songs, 30 Sep 2013
Just shows how many worthwhile bands there are sculling around the pubs and clubs these days - needs a 2 Tone approach to breaking the best bands here by doing a record label tour of mid size venues - I am very happy to own this compilation - basic good pop/rock songs - takes me back to the age of punk and early Indie

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, but nothing really stands out as being fantastic, 29 Sep 2013

This compilation contains a nice variety of tracks, but they are all what I would call "easily accessible" tracks. There's nothing here that pushes any boundaries or which breaks any new ground. In fact there's pretty much nothing here that would challenges or offend anybody (0 swearing, and no politics, for example). It sounds like somebody has gone out of their way to put together a collection that you could play to just about anybody with an interest in music to try to encourage them into the genre. Rather than being a showcase of what is good or what is new.

If this were a movie, it would be a Pg-13 Romcom with Jennifer Aniston.

There's nothing new, nothing gritty and nothing offensive.

The tracks are a mixed lot. There's nothing here that I really hated, and nothing that I would call "bad". But there's also nothing that made me sit up and saw wow, that's good.

The tracks feel a little over produced. They're too clean. Both the vocals and the music. Like they were put together in a laboratory. Rather than in some musicians basement\trailer\trashed hotel room. They all sound like they were put together by people who were sober. Which isn't how a lot of good music in this genre was originally done.

The lyrics are a bit plain and they tend to be repetitive and a little too pop-musicy for my taste. The instruments are competently played. But the musicians don't feel like they're being challenged or inspired. It's like watching a classical painter doing a paint by numbers, and not being allowed to improvise or improve on the picture on the box.

As I said. There's nothing awful about this compilation. It just feels like somebody put a bunch of safe track together.

This isn't the Clash.

It's so safe that my grandmother could listen to it.