5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely conversation with !mary
Published 8 months ago by Barbara Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as enjoyable as expected
Mary has had a very interesting life overcoming polio and being in the right place at the right time . I do wish the recipes had all been together at the end they did spoil the flow.
Published 1 month ago by Sue W

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely conversation with !mary, 13 Oct 2013
I chose this book because I enjoy autobiographies and I had enjoyed to TV series on Mary's life. I really enjoyed the book. I could hear Mary's voice and it was as if we were having a chat.what a fascinating, talented and down to earth lady she is. Thank you Mary for such a good read and congratulations on easily achieving an A pass in English writing, as that is what I as a retired teacher would give you for this thoroughly enjoyable book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading is a must!, 13 Oct 2013
I loved this book 'Mary Berry' is a national treasure in my mind anyway. I took this book on holiday and just could not put it down. Whilst you are reading all about Marys story it is as if she is sat talking to you face to face. Her attitude to life and others are something a lot of people could take on board and the world would be a better place!!
Helen

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 30 Sep 2013
I just love Mary Berry. She's such a wonderful woman and she's been though so much. She's an inspiration and I love reading all about her fascinating life.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 28 Sep 2013
What a brilliant read this book is. Would highly recommend to anyone. It is clear what a passionate and charming lady Mary Berry is. Written with honesty and many interesting stories. I also love the recipes dotted about between chapters. I'll be reading for a second time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Mary Berry, 19 Nov 2013
S. Rayner "Book addict" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I loved this book - despite having seen the biopic of her life on the TV there is still plenty of new material in this warm and friendly book of memories. Mary is not afraid to express her opinions on many facets of modern life and the book is refreshingly frank. A highly developed work ethic shines through the whole story too. I cannot recommend it too highly for any fan of Mary Berry's.

5.0 out of 5 stars great mary as usual, 3 Nov 2013
good book very interesting and informative mary is the queen of bakeing and a good read top marks all around

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lady, 31 Oct 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's very readable with excellent photos spanning many years in Mary's life. There are great recipes written at the end of each chapter which really inspired me to do some baking again. She makes them so simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 6 Jan 2014
I purchased this as a gift for my mum and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Saying it was a great read and very interesting. Also it is about someone with a story to tell and not some Z lister who has knocked out their second autobiography by the age of 21 and really have nothing interesting to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gentle Insight into the Life of Mary Berry, 3 Jan 2014
A beautiful insight to the life of Mary Berry - warm, amusing and at some stages extremely sad. That's what life is though - a very mixed bag of experiences. Her story has been beautifully constructed and it really does feel like the lady herself is sitting beside you telling the story. Easy to read and an inspiration to those of us who even today don't have that coveted degree. Employers should take note - just because someone doesn't have what they deem to be the desired qualifications doesn't always mean they can't do the job. I believe that Mary's sheer determination and hard work paid way more dividends for her employers. One other point - she is still working at 70+ with new doors opening all the time! This book has certainly inspired me and I would thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I have Read, 29 Dec 2013
I have to see this is one of the most amazing books out there. I found it hard to put it down and felt part if Marry Barry's life reading it.

Will be a back I will read again and would recommend anyone to read this. The book with me lasted just two days