4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well.
What can you expect for £6.95? Does the job of enabling me to attach an LED light to a lighting stand and swivel it. My so called "Pro" version swivel joint cost me £54.00 and does the same job as this one.
Published 11 months ago by PC Growler

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective
This was a waste of money. Whilst it's constructed reasonably well and made of decent materials, the hot shoe thread on the bottom wasn't compatible with my Panasonic GH2 hot-shoe. From my experience with other cameras, I couldn't see it being compatible with anything else either. I don't believe this is has a standardised hot-shoe fitting.

The thread sat loose...
Published 13 months ago by Mr F.

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Ex-Pro K-728 Ball and Socket Swivel Tripod Ballhead with 1/4'', 3/8'' Threads - including Type C Flash Hot Shoe Adaptor, Umbrella Support , Tripod and Light Stand Support (Electronics)

The thread sat loose in the hot-shoe and didn't fully screw in all the way so that it would lock, or sit flush with the hot shoe.

Baring that in mind, the item could be put to other uses - you can unscrew the hot shoe thread to reveal a standard 1/4" insert. That might be of use to somebody, if they wanted to add a gimbal to the end of a mic stand for example.

The company were quite slow about the return and asked lots of questions which was time consuming, it practically cost the same to return it so waste of money all round in this case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well., 10 May 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars This is fine. I used it to mount a DSLR camera ..., 5 Sept. 2014
This is fine. I used it to mount a DSLR camera on a mic stand, and it was stable and easily adjusted. You couldn't pan the camera smoothly in these circumstances but I wasn't expecting to be able to.