Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.79

on 20 December 2013
I agree with the other reviewer who said you should only read this book with a full stomach - the descriptions of delicious baked goods are wonderful. What I really loved about this though is that it is a story about 'older' people falling in love. Most novels these days seem to be about people in their twenties, but this is about real people who have had real, difficult lives, and finally find happiness - only to find that it might be snatched away from them after all. Although this is a book to make you laugh and smile, it is also a tearjerker. Amanda Prowse really knows how to tell a gripping story and take you on an emotional rollercoaster - the perfect book to curl up with by the Christmas tree!
on 26 December 2013
Beautifully written book. Full of twists and turns that were unexpected. Very moving and such good insights to all the characters.
Looking forward to the next Amanda Prowse book.
on 12 January 2014
I wasn't able to put this down. Amanda has lived up to the promise that her first book 'Poppy Day' gave.
Pru Plum is the celebrated owner of a famous Mayfair bakery. She wears Chanel and her hair is expensively cut. Few would believe that this elegant woman turned sixty-six last year.

But Pru is not the confident, successful businesswoman she appears. She has done shameful things to get to where she is today. And she will do anything to protect the secrets of her past – especially when, for the first time in her life, she has finally fallen in love…

From bestselling author Amanda Prowse, this is a story about love, loss and lies – and finding happiness before it’s too late.

WHAT I SAY

i loved this book
A Little Love is a story about learning to overcome difficult situations and ultimately allowing yourself to be happy. It a gripping read the plot will hook you.Sometimes people are put in terrible situations that they have to learn live with . Pru Plum, the co-owner of Plum’s Patisserie, i so wanted to go there it sounded so nice and cosy i like hearing about the different cakes . Pru may be 66 years old, but what a life she had live . we do get to hear all about it
Pru and her cousin Milly grew up in extreme poverty but together they made their dreams of owning a Patisserie a reality and have had great financial wealth in their adulthood. Which i was so please that they got a good life and now had money to live on they had a better life Their age added a nice dimension to the story which was so good to hear what a life she had lived i loved this little posh shop it sounded so lovely .

The novel started off a bit slow, but i was into the plot by the end of the first chapter and it kept me guessing with the twist and turns .i knew Pru’s had dark secret but what was it ? We do find out as the book when on , by the end of the book i was left rooting for her to overcome her past and hoping that she gets the happily she truly deserves. The book make you see that is you work hard you can get your dream or can you ?
The plot will make you sad , happy it a very heartwarming read. It got love . Friendship humour,lies and loss it a roller coaster read .

It a very thought provoking read i think it important not judge others so harshly when we don’t fully understand what their circumstances are, especially if you don’t know what drove them to make the decisions they did. We all do that we should not Devastating things happen, we can not see what happen in people .sometimes we just see people for what they are doing we can not see the sad times they had. I like the love that pru and milli shared they both have lived though each other happy and sad times it was very touching
I loved that pru was a very hard working independent beautiful women both lady seem to be very fair , honest and generous i enjoy hearing about both of them all the character were very believable
I just loved all the descriptions of the recipe making the gingerbread recipe sounded so good i got to try
I enjoy the bread making too i use to love doing that with my grandma

The book very good i did enjoy it so much i did find it a bit slow but them i was hook .
a good book to read
It will make you seen that we all can find love at any age .
4 Dolls
Pru Plum is the owner of a famous fancy bakery. She's an elegant sixty-six year old woman and she looks great. She's living together with her cousin Milly and niece Bobby. Together they're forming an unusual, but very happy family. Bobby is engaged and she's planning the wedding of her life. Pru hasn't been lucky enough to find such a great love yet, but when she meets Christopher she's falling for him head over heels.

Unfortunately tragedy strikes and there's a risk Pru will lose everything she has worked so hard for. When she was a young she used to be very poor and she made great sacrifices to make her dream come true. Together with Milly she's trying to face the hurt. Pru wants to do what's right and that means she'll be facing a terrible and emotional struggle once more.

A Little Love is a beautiful story about a woman who seems to have it all. Pru started with nothing and she can be proud of what she's achieved. There are also secrets that she wants to hide at all costs. I was very curious to find out what Pru was hiding. Her family life changes all of a sudden and Pru is so strong and she's such a rock. She's a remarkable main character. I loved the relationship between Pru and Milly. They have a strong connection and they share their past, they know everything about each other. The story and its main characters are definitely remarkable and it managed to keep me interested, curious and fascinated from beginning to end.
on 16 January 2014
So disappointed to have finished this book! Just couldn't put it down and now have to wait on Amanda writing another masterpiece having read all her books now. When will the next one be out?
on 19 January 2014
The first book I read by Amanda Prowse was What Have I Done and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved it so much I gave it 5 stars. It was a brilliant story and I could really get into the characters. After enjoying it so much I then read Poppy Day and Clovers Child and also her short stories. Everyone of her books to this point I have enjoyed so therefore I was really waiting for this full length novel and couldn't wait to start it - and then couldn't wait to finish it. What a waste of time. I got really tired of reading the elaborate details of the cakes and often wondered if Amanda really wanted to write a recipe book. I'm afraid when another cake was mentioned I just had to skip those pages as I just couldn't stomach another cake. Also I couldn't sympathise with the characters because they were all so totally unbelievable. What a message to send out. Be a whore for seven years to get what you want in life, a high end Patisserie in Mayfair of all places. She must have earned a heck of a lot of money to afford that. Also how could William's other woman get to the hospital before everyone else (even his mother)and be allowed in to "view him" without being a close relative - very unbelievable. There were holes in this story everywhere. Also the writing seemed very dated and just not in Amanda's usual style.

If anyone who hasn't read any of Amanda's other works reads this review please don't be put off, please read the titles I have mentioned because she is usually a very good author. Just don't waste your time or money on this piece.
on 16 December 2013
Have just finished A Little Love - it's fab! I have the same feeling as when i first saw Love Actually - you know that sort of fairytale for grown-up's - that. I really like Pru and Milly their relationship is funny and touching. As usual there were a few shock moments that left me reaching for a hankie - but you always get that in Amanda's books - all the emotions under the sun. I love cakes and some of the descriptions were like reading a fancy cake ad and made me peckish! It shows the link between love and baking. I have never been to Salcombe but its made me want to go, it sounds lovely and i want to go where Pru has been! Highly recommend this book, its left me glowing! x
on 24 January 2014
I have recently discovered Amanda Prowse as an author but this has been my least favourite of her books so far. It just didn't grasp me and fulfill my interest. It was OK but her other books are better.
on 19 January 2014
Amanda has done it again. Perfect story to curl up with a pot of tea and a biscuit (or 3).

Magnificently written as always, A little love just plucks you from your sofa and plonks down in the the smoke of the city. Pru and Milly are the type of crazy aunt you always wished you had. I must confess to crying at one point - try explaining to your husband why you are sobbing in to your kindle. All in all, if you are looking for something to spend your afternoon totally absorbed with a book, this is it.

I can promise you will both laugh and want to cry, you hart will break but also beat just a little bit faster in anticipation.