5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous, mouth-watering read

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
Published 11 months ago by aed2010

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous, mouth-watering read, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I agree with the other reviewer who said you should only read this book with a full stomach - the descriptions of delicious baked goods are wonderful. What I really loved about this though is that it is a story about 'older' people falling in love. Most novels these days seem to be about people in their twenties, but this is about real people who have had real, difficult lives, and finally find happiness - only to find that it might be snatched away from them after all. Although this is a book to make you laugh and smile, it is also a tearjerker. Amanda Prowse really knows how to tell a gripping story and take you on an emotional rollercoaster - the perfect book to curl up with by the Christmas tree!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet, loved this book., 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Beautifully written book. Full of twists and turns that were unexpected. Very moving and such good insights to all the characters.
Looking forward to the next Amanda Prowse book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 Jan 2014
Ann (Arborfield, Berks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't able to put this down. Amanda has lived up to the promise that her first book 'Poppy Day' gave.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Love - by Amanda Prowse, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Poppy Day by Prowse, Amanda ( AUTHOR ) Oct-25-2012 PaperbackClover's ChildWhat Have I Done? by Prowse. Amanda ( 2013 ) Paperback

What a wonderful read! This book will certainly appeal to those "of a certain age" but also to anyone who is a sucker for a good story involving love, angst, friendship, humour, romance and, of course, food! All Amanda's books are so different in theme but all combine these elements to produce an eminently readable book. Can't wait to read the next installment of the "No Greater Love" series to see what she comes up with next!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Love, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
So disappointed to have finished this book! Just couldn't put it down and now have to wait on Amanda writing another masterpiece having read all her books now. When will the next one be out?

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning read!, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Have just finished A Little Love - it's fab! I have the same feeling as when i first saw Love Actually - you know that sort of fairytale for grown-up's - that. I really like Pru and Milly their relationship is funny and touching. As usual there were a few shock moments that left me reaching for a hankie - but you always get that in Amanda's books - all the emotions under the sun. I love cakes and some of the descriptions were like reading a fancy cake ad and made me peckish! It shows the link between love and baking. I have never been to Salcombe but its made me want to go, it sounds lovely and i want to go where Pru has been! Highly recommend this book, its left me glowing! x

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
The first book I read by Amanda Prowse was What Have I Done and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved it so much I gave it 5 stars. It was a brilliant story and I could really get into the characters. After enjoying it so much I then read Poppy Day and Clovers Child and also her short stories. Everyone of her books to this point I have enjoyed so therefore I was really waiting for this full length novel and couldn't wait to start it - and then couldn't wait to finish it. What a waste of time. I got really tired of reading the elaborate details of the cakes and often wondered if Amanda really wanted to write a recipe book. I'm afraid when another cake was mentioned I just had to skip those pages as I just couldn't stomach another cake. Also I couldn't sympathise with the characters because they were all so totally unbelievable. What a message to send out. Be a whore for seven years to get what you want in life, a high end Patisserie in Mayfair of all places. She must have earned a heck of a lot of money to afford that. Also how could William's other woman get to the hospital before everyone else (even his mother)and be allowed in to "view him" without being a close relative - very unbelievable. There were holes in this story everywhere. Also the writing seemed very dated and just not in Amanda's usual style.

If anyone who hasn't read any of Amanda's other works reads this review please don't be put off, please read the titles I have mentioned because she is usually a very good author. Just don't waste your time or money on this piece.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kept me guessing till the end!, 10 Dec 2014
This review is from: A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Review originally posted on my blog www.LivingLifeWithJoy.com

A Little Love is a story about learning to overcome difficult situations and ultimately allowing yourself to be happy. You must get past any lingering regret from decisions that were made in the past. Sometimes people are put in terrible situations that make them feel like it’s the only way to survive, no matter how terrible of a thing they feel they must do. Pru Plum, the co-owner of Plum’s Patisserie, is different than most of the main characters in the chic-lit genre I normally read; at 66 years old, she’s got a few decades on her. Pru and her cousin Milly (one year younger than Pru) grew up in extreme poverty but together they made their dreams of owning a Patisserie a reality and have had great financial wealth in their adulthood. Their age added a nice dimension to the story and it wouldn’t have worked if she’d been younger because she wouldn’t have lived the interesting life that she’s led.

The novel started off a bit slow, but the reading was enjoyable and kept me guessing. With small hints given throughout the first three quarters of the novel, I was eager to know what Pru’s deep dark secret was. The last bit of the book you’re left rooting for her to overcome her past and hoping that she gets the happily ever after that she truly deserves. I got to about 75% and was curious that there would be so much of the book left when I felt as though it was almost over, that would be because it was! I was quite surprised when I reached 80% of the novel on my kindle reader and the book ended. I didn’t realize that excerpts of her other novels took up 20% of the e-book. Mental note to self, check table of contents page before reading e-books!

One of the things I took away from reading this novel is how incredibly important it is to not judge others so harshly when you don’t fully understand what their circumstances are, especially if you don’t know what drove them to make the decisions they did. Rather than judge others, it’s important to have compassion and understanding for people when they hit hard times and be there to help them see better days. Devastating things happen, it’s a natural part of life, and what we do to move on and get past these terrible things shapes the people that we become. It is important to enjoy our life while we have it and savor the moments with the important people in our lives. We cannot let the opinions of others dictate how we view ourselves and one another, we must think for ourselves and be the best people that we can possibly be.

My Rating: 4/5 Stars

ARC was provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Receiving novels free of charge in no way reflects on my honest opinion and no monetary compensation was provided for my review. Writing a review is the best way to say thank you to an author. I encourage you to write reviews and share them on sites like Goodreads and Amazon so that your fellow readers can see what you think!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fanatstic read! and a very high standard of writing, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
What have you done Amanda Prowse?
Another book to savour (literally)..
I pre order everybook that Amanda writes and then have to stop myself from starting it as I know I will not be able to put it down!
Every book is different but ALL are excellently written and all provoke emotions.
This book is different than previous ones but the usual twist is still there - A Little Love is a great read that I would highly recommend. Read all Amandas books including the short stories they are great too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a great deal of substance, 24 Jan 2014
Heidi (Banstead, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I have recently discovered Amanda Prowse as an author but this has been my least favourite of her books so far. It just didn't grasp me and fulfill my interest. It was OK but her other books are better.

A Little Love (No Greater Love Book 4)