I LOVE this.

It feels very much like a hybrid of 'Advance Wars' and the original 'Command and Conquer' with resource management, base/city building and turn based combat, with tons of units, really attractive art work and graphics, gorgeously designed cut scenes, some very funny humour...

The designers should be applauded for doing such a great job...
Published 8 months ago by jim

1.0 out of 5 stars useless
takes forever to load and then crashes instantly.
Completely pants if you ask me, bearing in mind it's based on one of my favourite games. TF2.
Published 1 day ago by shnoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Not being a mobile gaming fan, I was astounded at the quality of this title., 1 Feb 2014
I LOVE this.

The designers should be applauded for doing such a great job in this. Im sure it would be fine for younger or non gamer people, but also experienced strategy game fans will find that the amount of different units, resources, buildings and the size of the maps allows for some pretty deep strategic planning..

This has to be up there with the best mobile games around.

My one problem though, and this goes for far too many of these 'app games', is defining it as 'free'. I havent hit a pay wall yet after a few hours playing, its actually very good in this respect (so far), the free game is very generous with what you get (I wouldnt have given it 5 stars otherwise) but why cant we pay up front for a full game and avoid all the 'get more X resource for £x' reminders?

This game is of such class that I wouldnt blink paying in the region of £10 to £15 for the full experience, maybe with some skill boosters, cosmetics and units, things like that for optional DLC micro transactions....the game is easily worth it...

Its a little pet hate of mine since I started trying out these games for Kindle Fire (Im usually a PC gamer)..this practice is rampant and its horrible..its also expensive, lord knows how they arrive at the pricing for these transactions, but you could easily end up spending more on a mobile game than you would on a full up PC or console game.

This game is by no means the worst offender, not even close, (8 ball pool wins that prize in my limited Android gaming experience) I will even happily buy some stuff in this game because its so good...but I would MUCH rather have just purchased a full up version of the game in the first place, as opposed to getting bled dry over time with £2.99 here and £1.99 there....

But dont let that rant put you off, this is a superlative game, no doubt about it. I recommend it totally, even to people that dont intend to spend ANY money on it, you will get a pretty much complete experience from it for free.

(Dear App Devs, Just release paid versions of your games without the 'Get More for ££££' buttons and nickle and diming PLEASE! : D)

Edit PPS..I just made my first in app puchase for this game...My advice is not to jump the gun and buy nanos too soon, because there is an offer a little later for double the nanos for your money...I VERY nearly bought them JUST before this offer came up, so I was lucky! (PPPS Im loving the game even more : D I just built a new gaming PC (for £700 +) which is currently being ignored due to Fire HD and this game...it really is THAT good xD))

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Battle Nations (App)
Me and my friends love this game! Addictive and fun. I hope you have no problems, I sure didn't. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Battle Nations (App)
This app is a very good app and it is very fun it is good to spend some time on

4.0 out of 5 stars looks good, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Battle Nations (App)
I think it's very good I recommend it to all people who play clash of clans and things similar.or castle clash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battle Nations, 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: Battle Nations (App)
I love this game. Not only are the characters humourous, and perfect for the mood of the game, but the additional Team Fortress 2 characters make it 100 times better. If you like TF2, then get it. The graphics are great, the visual effects are superb, and very entertaining and addictive. Like strategy? Get Battle Nations!

1.0 out of 5 stars useless, 23 Oct 2014
This review is from: Battle Nations (App)
takes forever to load and then crashes instantly.

4.0 out of 5 stars great game........... but, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Battle Nations (App)
Love the game and have spent many a happy hour playing. However there has been an upgrade (v4.0) out for a while now and Amazon don't appear to have this for the fire. So until this happens the game is un-playable :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Battle Nations (App)
A free game that is actually worth it. Currency may be required but is easily gained through fun events and tapjoy. Grab this app whilst its still free

5.0 out of 5 stars a fun strategic game, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Battle Nations (App)
this review written by my grandson who thoroughly enjoyed it and will play it whenever he stays with us which will be often during Easter holls

1.0 out of 5 stars such a shame it really is good, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Battle Nations (App)
I agree with the 5 star ratings but unfortunately I got so far and now it won't allow me to complete the raiders level with attacking them then their tent but other missions would carry on then 2 missions came up giving oil and rock they keep resetting but other missions were ok and now I'm completely stuck as I now have a mission to grow some crops for the king or whatever but when I click on it, it disconnects great hey oh and I can't find anywhere to contact customer service directly so yeah great hey. But I'm not going to uninstall just yet hopefully they will do something about this and it may correct itself. One last thing I have uninstalled twice and downloaded but no luck. Hope this helps

Battle Nations