5.0 out of 5 stars Not normally my cup of tea, good light hearted viewing and very addictive!
My girlfriend is a Dawson's Creek fan and now has all the series boxsets. I decided to get her the first series of this for Christmas to see what she makes of it.

I never got into Dawson's Creek at all, as it was never really my cup of tea. However I decided to watch the first few episodes of this with her and now I'm hooked! My girlfriend loves it and is now...
Published on 31 Dec 2008 by C. P. Whiting

3.0 out of 5 stars A (fairly) balanced review
Ok, so I've watched almost every season of OTH for whatever reason and I felt the need to write a fairly un-bias review of this show; mainly for those who may be considering buying this DVD and have never seen an episode. This is coming from me, someone whom isn't a hardcore fan but likes the show for the crazy mess it is. I had seen random episodes of this show over the...
Published on 12 Sep 2007 by Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 Oct 2009
As a fan of One Tree Hill, I had seen the later episodes and had Season 5, but not the earlier ones. I thought Season 1 was great and seeing how they started the show - I have now bought all the seasons, except Season 6, which I will be doing asap!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE TRUE HELL OF A SHOW !!, 25 Oct 2008
Who could not love One Tree Hill. We only starting watching it this year and we are absolutely hooked on it. We have Series 1,2,3, and just bought Series 4, half way through it and still the show is as great as ever. I cannot wait to see Series 5. One Tree Hill is blessed with great actors, great story lines, excellent music, and some really important issues raised in each series. I never really got into the OC...I think One Tree Hill is universal, and has more realistic people in it.

Nathan is a hottie... Pouting Sexy Chad is a younger Brad, the girls are all beautiful, Brooke is stunningly beautiful and her bitchy lines are classics, Payton also beautiful..poor Payton she goes through alot but dont worry Payton at least your hair always looks great during the bad times!!! Beautiful Hayley, who reminds me of Shakira all the time is a great actress. Karen and Deb great too. Dan is brilliantly bad, we love him!! Mouth, Rachel, Skills, alot of great characters. We love Coach Whitey, and that accent is so strong, his emotional speech when accepting his lifetime achievement will have you in tears!! We miss you Keith!!!!

Each series has so many funny moments but alot of very sad, powerful emotional ones too, that will have you very tearful.

Buy all the series you WILL LOVE THEM!!!

WELL DONE TO ALL THE ACTORS, AND EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THE SHOW. WE LOVE IT !!!

p.s. Note to the writers.... Please could Nathan and Lucas take their tops off more often ? just so anyone who is considering basketball can see how great the sport is and how it keeps you fit.........ok I am lying...JUST DO IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars a must buy, 1 Jun 2005
this show is fantastic. one of the main reasons i started to watch this was becasue of chad micheal murray and james lafferty. however the show is more than just good looking men and women. it perfectly portrays the events of their lives, with an amazing cast. there are many shocks, and twists in this show which makes it so fantastic.
this is MUST BUY DVD!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars THE BOYS MAKE GOOD, 24 Jun 2010
Mr. D. L. Rees "LEE DAVID" (DORSET) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Meet Danny. Self-centred and a control freak, he dumps the girlfriend he made pregnant and marries into money - soon to be father again. This boy he ruthlessly sets about moulding in his own image, the aim to create a basketball champion as he himself used to be.

Here is the story of the two sons, Lucas and Nathan, now at High School and on collision course....

Not yet another series of creaking contrivances, wallowing in the synthetic angst of empty-headed teenagers, episodes dragged out by parties and sport! At times aspects of the pilot give cause for such concern, but "One Tree Hill" rapidly establishes itself as more worthy. Charismatic leads help, Chad Michael Murray and James Lafferty likeable as the brothers, we growing to care what happens to them.

Several of the relationships ring true, especially where Lucas is concerned - he with his mother Karen, who had such a tough time bringing him up on her own; he with goodnatured uncle Keith (another victim of Danny's machinations); he with Nathan - mutual hostility evolving into a bond.

On the whole, the cast has much to offer. Biggest asset is veteran Barry Corbin as Coach, stealing every scene he is in. Team mate Jake impresses, revelation of his great secret movingly done. Especially enjoyable is geeky match commentator Mouth, but there is quite a wait before he truly (and hilariously) comes into his own.

Issues touched upon include drink, unprotected sex, attempted date rape and tattoos.

A bullying father has had his way for too long. How the sons break free makes entertaining viewing. Cliffhangers ensure a rush for Season 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Tree Hill Season 1, 17 Sep 2005
Ms. G. Cipolla "tutorgirl87" (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
I was obsessed with this show from the moment I watched the Pilot. I love the way it has a fantastic storyline as the basis of the show. Nathan and Lucas's rivalry is gripping 2 watch as well as adding Peyton and Haley to add complication make the web of Tree Hill even more twisted. I was so upset when it ended on E4 and am thrilled 2 bits now its back on. With Nathan and Lucas now close it will intresting to see where there relationship as brothers is headed. As well as Nathan and Haley's marriage! Fantastic gripping storylines I reccommend it 2 every1. I also love the fact that the adults have there own storylines and aren't always involved in the teens life like The O.C. does. Well worth the money!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV series I've seen, 21 Jan 2010
James Pummell (UK) - See all my reviews
I started watching season six of One Tree Hill on E4 and I was so thrilled I stopped after a few episodes as I am completely anal about watching anything from the start. This turned out to be the best decision I could have made as I got fully into the storyline. The story line is pretty in depth and you quite literally grow up with the characters. The sound track to every episode is great and I've discovered a few artists I highly enjoy through watching this. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a new TV series to pass the time as it's highly addictive and it's cast is definitely lovable.
Team Brooke all the way!
(other series I've fully enjoyed - Angel, Buffy, Dollhouse, The OC, 90210, Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls, Death Note)

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertainment for any age, 6 Feb 2009
I am definately not in the age group One Tree Hill is intended for and I bought season 1 on a whim and it was cheap. Well within hours I was hooked and have since bought seasons 2, 3, 4 and 5. There is just something about the show that pulls you in.

Its been a surprise hit for me this year and I'm glad I had that whim now and purchased this great show.

Even if you hate basketball (like me!) never mind as the show is not just about basketball, this show is about the characters.

Buy this now and you won't regret it even if you think this won't be your cup of tea it will be soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beautiful People, 14 Feb 2005
By A Customer
I only began to watch One Tree Hill for Chad Michael Murray, who, in my humble opinion, is the most beautiful man in the world. But looks alone can not hold a program, and luckily for One Tree Hill, they don't need to. The beautiful cast simply compliments fantastic story lines and plot twists. The intricate, inter-twining relationships keep the viewers interested, and even for those of us who know nothing about basketball, the fact the program focusses on basketball makes it only more exciting. Focussing on the teen and adult relationships, One Tree Hill is a more sedate, but equally fabulous version of The O.C - I strongly recommend One Tree Hill to one and all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the OC and any other American teen show!!, 11 Nov 2005
naley4eva!!!!! (Newcastle Upon Tyne United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
When I first started watching OTH on E4 I had missed a few episodes, but once I started watching, I became obsessed! I bought the DVD box set to catch up on the first few that I had missed and was not dissapointed! The two brothers Lucas and Nathan have a hate - hate relationship to begin with and eventually begin to like each other. The relationship with Nathan and Haley (also known as Naley to most fans!) gets better and better and became the main reason I watch it now!. The music is also a brilliant factor as they use music throughout to coincide with storylines. I could'nt wait for season 2 so bought it from America as soon as I'd finished season 1. It's a great programme to get into, with everything from relationships,music, fights, humour and of course teen love! I like the OC too but the storylines are more dramatic on OTH and Jim from neighbours does NOT make an appearance (phew!). My fave eppy from season 1 of OTH has to be the BOY TOY episode, where all the lads from the basketball team get auctioned off for charity and Lucas does a funny robotic dance and Nate gets his kit off! well worth the money for that episode alone! Anyways........enough of my ramblings! just give it a go and buy it! I bet you won't be dissapointed! (Naley forever!)

5.0 out of 5 stars One tree hill, 25 April 2014
One very happy teenager. Delighted with the dvd's she can watch it anytime she likes. Can't wait for the next series

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›