Colour Name: Black|Change
Price:£109.00 - £139.99

on 21 March 2014
I've had an iPhone 3gs for the last 3 and a bit years and really loved it but it was starting to show it's age.
I was looking at an iPhone or Android phone replacement but then my work issued me with a Blackberry 9720 as my role now needs me to have access to email on the go.
At first I looked at it and was a bit disappointed. It does look a bit lo fi compared to the iPhone, especially with it's analogue keypad and plastic shell.
But now I'm actually starting to prefer this to the iPhone or at least the 3gs.
The screen is touchscreen which is a big bonus. OK you can't type using it but you can actually dial numbers using it. The touch screen is quite responsive and if anything it's probably a little too sensitive but not annoyingly so though. It does take a bit of time getting used to a key pad again but now I quite like it's old school feel.
A massive plus point to this over the iPhone is the removable storage. A 32GB iPhone would cost an absolute fortune but for around £15 you can buy a 32GB sd card and it really makes a difference to this phone.
I have pretty much all my music collection on hand, one thing I could never do on my old iPhone as it was 16GB and was quite app heavy.
One big negative is the lack of apps and I think this is something that would put most people off the Blackberry and that is why I can't rate this phone 5 stars.
You can get Whatsapp, Tunein radio, Facebook, Twitter, Sky sports & news but that's pretty much about it for useful apps.
I used Strava a lot but it's not available on Blackberry. I now have to use my Garmin watch which is OK but not as convenient as using the old iPhone. A bit disappointing but not a total washout.
If you're a Facebook/Twitter person then this Blackeberry actually handles it quite well.
I really like the way the Blackberry links up emails, facebook and Twitter. You can have all notifications in one place.
Being able to customise ringtones and alerts is like a breath of fresh air with this phone. No more messing about in iTunes just to get a ringtone.
Also it takes a regular sized sim so I didn't have to go through getting a new micro one or cutting it down to fit.
The charger cable is a standard usb one, so nice and cheap if you need to replace or get a spare.
Bluetooth and wifi work very well and the phone syncs up with my car stereo just like my old iPhone used to.
The camera is very good and has a flash, which can also be utilised as a torch. The camera on my old 3gs wasn't much cop and certainly didn't have a flash, so really there is no comparison.
One thing this phone really should have is a front camera but for the price I really shouldn't complain.
For a couple of quid I got a nice leather-look flip case and it really transforms the look of this phone.
It does feel like a grown up phone and stands out from the iPhone crowd just for looking that little bit different.
For the price I think this is a great buy and I think this phone is very much underated,. This is a good workhorse of a smart phone.
I must admit that this phone wouldn't have even made it on to my list if I was going to purchase a new phone, but now that I'm using one I would certainly consider Blackberry in the future (if Blackberry doesn't go under in the meantime, that is).
on 10 November 2013
I am a person who uses a mobile device for several things, and after moving from a larger phone (HTC) to this Blackberry 9720, its the best decision in my life! So a little comparison time!

The battery on this blackberry at its fullest lasted around 36 / 44 hours under moderate usage.
It did around 27 / 34 hours under heavy.

The touch screen is great packing 214ppi making the screen crystal clear.
The qwerty keyboard is great, the camera is also good quality for a blackberry
The processor works the device really well. I managed to copy and paste a movie into the podcast section and it played fully without jitters or lag, but the device got slightly warm in the hand after 1 hour of constant watching.

This phone is great, get it now. I also recommend the case below:

B00FRT30EM

The case is great, it protects the device sufficiently.

Review By - Aston
on 16 February 2014
This was my chosen phone as a replacement for a Windows phone. It does everything well and is a pleasure to use. The 3G is very fast and I love the fact that it effortlessly syncs with my emails etc. I am not into games but as a work tool it performs very well on the move. The phone is slightly wider that the original 8250 and similar models but this helps to provide a less cluttered keyboard for easy typing. The touch screen is excellent and while it is not as big as some of the android phones it does the job well. Overall it's first rate.
A word of warning - be careful where you purchase from. This one came from Technomobiles, brand new in a sealed box (first class seller). This was my third attempt to buy a phone that wasn't previously tied into a company or unlocked from one of the major suppliers. They all went back as they were very difficult to set up due to contractual problems with the email service.
on 3 February 2014
first smart phone (56 year old man) love the key board, texing is so easy, music player good, great sound quality, radio is o.k for out side use reception inside not so, i am still getting use to some of the features on the phone
on 14 March 2015
perfect I love black berry phones no issues with this and to have the touch screen and a key board perfect for my needs ,put a 32GB flash drive in it with all my music it links up with the Bluetooth in my car seamlessly very happy
on 15 March 2014
who's saying qwerty is going out. I love this phone. It's easy to text much better than the smartphones I have previously had. all I have to do now is buy myself a case to keep it safe and I'm good.
on 11 May 2014
Love the touch screen as well as keypad, only problem is battery life. My old BlackBerry only needed charging every 2/3 days but this one see.s to be on charge almost daily
on 27 December 2013
Bought it for my daughter, she loves it. She can now catch me on what's app! Hoping to buy another for a niece
on 6 May 2014
this item was bought for my daughter and she is absolutely thrilled with it. she had an older version of a blackberry but this gives her a lote more
on 23 March 2014
the product was like new and I was absolutely surprised to get a phone of better quality than I expected for the price.