on 7 March 2014
Excellently written, being informative and entertaining in equal measure. The author has a light style that makes the content very accessible and, at times, uses a wry sense of humour in his writing that I personally found very appealing. A book that you can easily dip into and containing a vast amount of information ranging from obscure facts to a wonderful potted history of sewers, which was delightfully imparted for such a grubby subject. Highly recommended.
on 12 March 2014
I bought this book on a whim, having no idea what to expect and am happy to report that it is well written and superbly researched.

it was a delight from start to finish.
on 19 January 2014
I love London. My daughter lives 40 mins out in Hertfordshire and everytime I visit we go to London. Exploring together. This book was a treasure to have. Read it with my iPad alongside me and looked at the places it mentioned. We know have enough new places to explore through the coming year.
Easy to read, brief explanations and informative.
Would recommend this to people who want to go a little off the beaten tourist track.
on 10 May 2014
really enjoyed this book and learnt some very interesting facts about London
was disappointed when it came to an end
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
on 3 March 2014
great book and a good coffee table style read
very funny , well written and makes you interested to visit some of the places mentioned.
on 11 November 2013
I lived half an hours train travel from the inner city of London for many years and some of my family lived and worked most of their lives in the heart of it so I was intrigued by this book. We all learnt something new or had memories jogged which sparked a few interesting stories. Had there been more detailed information, without it becoming boring statistics, on each entry instead of the few enticing lines this would have got 5 Stars. Over all enjoyable interesting reading that could have been so much more. Suitable for tourists who only want outlines of interesting places rather than in depth.
on 16 January 2014
What an interesting book. Gives you a good, sometimes funny & serious insight into London & what happened is happening there. Short chapters make it very easy reading. It's fun & great would recommend this for easy, interesting & historic reading.
on 9 June 2014
Yes there are things in this very handy book that you would not normally find in most London Guides. I have found that it is a great companion to a mug of Coffee during a break or in the evenings. Highly recommended.
on 28 January 2014
Good pick up and put down book, easy to read, like others a few maps would be helpful.

Like all Kindle books I have read feels like an Abridged version of the Real Book.
Is that just me?
on 27 April 2015
I love books on London and this one does not disappoint. Interesting stories and facts, a book you can pick up and read a few pages and then come back to again and again.