4.0 out of 5 stars Great show - please give it a second season
This is the only Amazon produced show that I've actually enjoyed so far. It's like Big Bang Theory but with real people and filmed in real San Francisco locations / buildings rather than ropey sets. It's quite funny and a bit more daring than network shows of a similar ilk. Please give it a second season!
Published 8 months ago by stukey

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter tripe, repeating tired old formulaic TV stereotypes & plot.
Utter tripe, repeating tired old formulaic TV stereotypes & plot. Even the apparent novelty of the app development startup company scenario is - let's face it - not really much different from earlier "high-tech startup" company scenarios. I usually have a lot of patience but only managed 19 minutes of the drivel in the pilot. Disappointing.
Published 24 days ago by Phil3

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show - please give it a second season, 1 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny!, 3 April 2014
I’d grown wary about new TV comedies after how bad Two & A Half Men and How I Met Your Mother got in recent years, but I really enjoyed Betas. Some great performances from the likes of Joe Dinicol and Jon Daly (who I haven’t seen since Human Giant, still hilarious) – Ed Begley Jr was great too, and you need to check out the guest appearance of Moby, you won’t believe what he says (the series as a whole though is even ruder than Moby!). It’s one of the best edgy comedies in ages, and well worth a watch if you’re a fan of funny shows at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars AT LAST – A proper tech comedy!!, 3 April 2014
Really loved this show, all four of the main characters bring something different to the group and just play off each other well. Trey is great and has a believable relationship with Nash, and Mitchell makes the whole thing geekier than The Big Bang Theory but is still hilarious.
Can’t wait for a second season!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on season 2, 4 April 2014
A. Banner (UK) - See all my reviews
Great show really liked the whole idea. I really hope this goes to a second season as it is a strong show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly enjoyable, 16 Aug 2014
The best series I've watched in a long time! It's not exactly a comedy, although there are jokes and puns thrown around. Sure, it's not 'perfect' but whatever is? I enjoyed the storyline and the actors played a terrific part. Any entrepreneurs out there can strongly relate to this entire series, except perhaps the last episode which leaves us hanging.

I am extremely disappointed and deeply saddened that Amazon will not commit to a second series. Nonetheless, I'd recommend anyone with a keen interest in business and technology to give this a watch. Perhaps this show needs an investor to lend a hand with the finances and allow this great series to grow and flourish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Tech Series!, 17 Sep 2014
Blowtar (Liverpool, Uk) - See all my reviews
I've been watching this for the last two days and all I can say is BRILLIANT!

I've seen a few people give this a low rating, and all's I can say it don't be put off at all. This is comedy / drama in a modern age among up-rising tech firms. It might not be the most accurate, as in reality, but this gives a bit of a new spin on what can be achieved with technology and determination.

All the character's involved are stereotypical computer nerds, and show a true sense of how people are in the industry. Some things are obviously over-exaggerated within such a small time-line, but for half an hour an episode, you can't expect every detail of their process to success / failure to be shown within that time. Things may seem rushed, but I personally think this adds to the series, and keeps people on their toes wanting more.

I'm really enjoying this, and from all the short series I've seen, I think this is a bit different from most others. Spot on and keep'em coming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!, 13 Mar 2014
Just where is the rest the season, it has been released in the US, why aren't Britain allowed to watch the other episodes. Ridiculous we both pay the same for subscription yet we have to keep waiting. RUBBISH!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome show, 7 April 2014
Known the app development industry (to a small degree) from the inside, this is very well written and researched. Hilarious at points too. Great story, script and I'm left hoping there's a second season (and some) to enjoy in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Missed Opportunity, 8 Dec 2014
This review is from: Betas - Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
I signed up to Amazon Prime just before Christmas as part of their marketing drive where you got one month's free use of Amazon Prime. At the end of December, I'll be at a bit of a cross-roads. Do I start paying for Amazon Prime? I ended up binge-watching this series because it was so good and afterwards I was watching an episode a day. This is a sleeper hit which (as some other reviewers mentioned) is filmed in in authentic San Francisco locations and seems less superficial than comedies like the Big Bang Theory. If there was a second season, I'd definitely renew my Prime membership but now I'm not so sure. As someone at work pointed out to me, while there is a biggish catalogue of films on Amazon Prime, it is not updated as frequently as the competition and so I am left at a crossroads. If Amazon invests in quality material like this, maybe more customers like me would renew without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Sauce.., 24 Mar 2014
Inspiring, best thing Ive watched for a long while. Just finished watching episode 7, the best one yet. Really well written, doesn't insult the viewers intelligence, hope they will be able to keep this going for many seasons. Must watch..

Betas - Season 1