4.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture
I have now had the Epson EH-TW5200 for about a month. The picture is great coming both from the Sky box as well as bluray player with really sharp images and no noticable problems with colours or fast paced action sequences . Its easy to set up and obviously sound is much improved playing through a dedicated surround receiver. I have not used the 3D as have no glasses so...
Published 4 months ago by Mr. James Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 star for general TV use because too much noise from fan
I wanted this to work, getting a huge display on my wall for a reasonable price, but the far is far too loud eg for when youve turned the volume of the tv right down, the fan is still whirring away and its much louder than any PC fan ive ever heard.
Published 6 months ago by J R Dickson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Epson EH-TW5200 Full HD 1080p 3LCD 3D Home Cinema and Gaming Projector (Electronics)
I bought this at the right time last week when the price had, unbelievably, fallen to £601.55.

To put it simply the picture quality is absolutely outstanding in both 2D and 3D and that is even projecting on to a pale coloured wall as we don't have a screen!

As it is Halloween, The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D seemed a good choice - a film that gets screened every Halloween in our household! I've seen this on a 3D TV before and I thought it was rather flat, however on this Epson projector it took a new lease of life and I saw details that I hadn't noticed before. This was followed by Avatar 3D - I may be the only person never to have seen this before - which really was a truly amazing 3D experience. The colours were vibrant and the level of detail projected was immense, giving a fully immersive experience.

As the RRP of this projector was below that of the model it had replaced, I'd been tempted and wary in the same breath but the Amazon price drop proved to be the deciding factor in committing to it's purchase.

If I have to say something negative, then it would be that the fan noise seems quite loud and very noticeable during quieter scenes. This may be because it is new and hasn't had time to settle down yet, nor have I checked whether there is a setting in the comprehensive menu system that could help to make it quieter.

I really cannot understand why anybody would want to buy a smaller screen size TV at a much higher price - save some cash and buy this, which even at the RRP is far cheaper than a good quality TV.

Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been playing PC games as well as movies and haven't felt the need to engage the "fast" mode - good to know it's there thoug, 15 Sep 2014
Peter G. Williams (Scotland) - See all my reviews
My selection came down to a choice between this model (which I bought) and the BenQ W1070 which is also getting rave reviews currently. I was worried about the fan noise in this machine, but I was put off the BenQ by the "rainbow effect" that people talk about and the BenQ is also around the 33dB mark. How loud is that? About the same as a relatively noisy large desktop computer. You certainly know when it's on, but if there's sound in the movie it doesn't bother me at all. The ECO mode in the EH-TW5200 makes a huge difference to the fan noise and doesn't reduce the brightness too much. I've been playing PC games as well as movies and haven't felt the need to engage the "fast" mode - good to know it's there though! I also looked at the TW6100 but it's nearly double the price and the main difference there seems to be the much higher brightness and contrast. The TW5200 is fine to use in a windowed room from about dusk, but you couldn't use it if sun was streaming in. The keystone correction works really well in both dimensions and the menu system is intuitive. I'm using it 3m away from a white wall which is giving me a 100" picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb projector, 23 Feb 2014
I had wanted a new 1080p projector with 3d as an upgrade to my old Optoma HD70 720p projector. I did not want to go mad moneywise and was considering the Optoma HD131Xe as I had no problems with my old Optoma. However I was given pause by the reports of quality issues with the 131Xe and eventually plumped for the Epson. What a great choice !!! the pictures are crystal clear, very sharp.The 3d is excellent, watching planet dinosaur 3d I felt a little unnerved at times as huge heads with lots of teeth turned in my direction !!!
In my opinion I would not bother with the recommended Epson glasses currently retailing at approx. £80 per pair. I use Samsung SSG-5100GB/XC 3D Glasses that retail at around £20 per pair and they work really well.
This projector is a great piece of kit and I heartily recommend it to anyone.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
This projector is awesome, it also work with my Samsung active 3D glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Product, 17 Mar 2014
This product was easy to install and the picture quality is exceptional especially in 3D. I have mine projecting straight onto a white wall. You will need to purchase correct eye ware to view. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well well worth the money, 2 Mar 2014
Buy it now this projector is well worth the money . The picture quality is fantastic the 3d is a1 just buy the thing and stop thinkin about it

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Home Cinema Projector, 25 Feb 2014
The Epson TW5200 is a great projector. Light weight and portable I hooked it up to my PS3 and the quality picture from Blue Ray discs is amazing. I believe more expensive projectors at over £1000 give better blacks but this is terrific value. Awaiting the 3D glasses to watch in 3D mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect first home cinema projector, 2 Feb 2014
I have this hooked up to my Sony Blu-ray player and Sky HD box. Images are bright, sharp and crisp. I am currently projecting onto my lounge wall (I painted it in Dulux Light and Space) at approximately 3 metres and the image size for 16:9 is around 100 inches of spectacular HD goodness. The fan is quiet, and even in Eco-mode the image is nice and bright.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Return of the Star, 21 Oct 2013
W. Rodick (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I received this projector I rigged-up a duvet cover as a screen hanging from the ceiling. The first feature film shown is a Classic. Starring Alan Ladd and some others it is the story of a gunslinger who fights with his heart. We don't just see the whites of a wife's eyes, as she stares from behind a window at the stranger, we are transfixed by her deep dilemma. I'd forgotten how cinema works.

When Ladd looks down with his sunset face at the boy; the sincerity is so powerful, so all pervading we know what he says to the boy is real. "You can not break the mould." As he rides into darkness in that final scene. Shane.

Sometimes I think that there are no cinemas any more. It took 90' of 4:3 home cinema to confirm it. Big screen affects have been consigned to history. The box-set rules these days. Fast and glossy.

Indeed this Epson projector is being marketed as a gamers' projector replete with 3D technology and 'fast-mode, no lag' switching. I can't comment on its gaming abilities. Just its towering affect upon me as Technicolor came to my homestead.

I have a small living room and watch corner to corner. A speaker behind the screen and behind me. I have the projector in an unorthodox position plonked 1.27m above the floor on that rear speaker. It is about 20cm past the recommended maximum distance for 100' screen viewing.

My first surprise was how brilliant the still photo usb images are. Even on a duvet cover! Details I had never noticed before on jpeg images I had made for a small photo frame. The arrow buttons on the supplied white remote control you simply press to have one photo replace the one being shown. Instantly. Perfect.

Never really been a fan of current 3D technology. But I have The Great Gatsby on order so I may purchase the appropriate glasses to check it out. But I doubt it. The 3D circuitry must improve the 2D image I would have thought.

The only number I will dazzle you with is the 15000:1 contrast ratio. I can't imagine a better projector in a small living room. The Eco settings will save significant money. 256w is used without setting then 187w with setting. These are variable readings but the difference of about 60w is always there. On Eco settings the fan is a lot quieter. Ideal for still silence of Ingmar Bergman films. Bring on the dark knights.

UPDATE: Just uploaded video review of HQ TVS-HQ-PRO01B Tiltable and Rotatable Projector Ceiling Bracket - Black. I have also installed a 100' projection screen which I hope to review soon. A 10m hdmi flat cable is also on order. I shall update when all is set.

I'm not really given to overblown hyperbole but I watched Avatar last night in 3D. Truly wonderous. Absolutely astonishing. Every frame in pin sharp 3D. My review above was based on not just that duvet cover but also three very old phono leads strung together with adapters to get a picture. Now I'm fully connected with 10m hdmi cable 10M Flat HDMI Cable, , secure fixing and proper projector screen (DBPOWER). I was surprised to see that my 3D TV Active Shutter Glasses ) work perfectly. Indeed as they come on a screen message states how many hours battery time are left in the glasses. Whilst I fully expected the Eco settings to be overridden by the 3D disc I found that it only went to full 2D setting (about 260w) and not significantly higher as I had feared.
No-one is looking forward to the Great Gatsby release more than me. Spectacular projector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2014
excellent product!, highly recommend ..