5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to home theatre.
This is a very nice projector. I was very happy with the picture quality and watching Prometheus in 3D was jaw-droppingly good. Best active 3d I've seen yet as I couldn't notice any cross-talk (using relatively cheap samsung glasses from amazon).

I use the projector in my bedroom approximately 3.5 meters from a plaster wall painted white. It gives me...
Published 4 months ago by Jamie O'Connell

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 star for general TV use because too much noise from fan
I wanted this to work, getting a huge display on my wall for a reasonable price, but the far is far too loud eg for when youve turned the volume of the tv right down, the fan is still whirring away and its much louder than any PC fan ive ever heard.
Published 3 months ago by J R Dickson

4.0 out of 5 stars An impressive machine, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Epson EH-TW5200 Full HD 1080p 3LCD 3D Home Cinema and Gaming Projector (Electronics)
Picture excellent. Internal sound crappy, but this picture demands an equally good
external sound set up. Familiarity with an earlier EPSON helped setting up.
A many paged instruction manual is on disc however - not v. convenient.
One other niggle - It sits on 3 adjustable legs,the 2 at the rear screw thread
to adjust height which is OK, but the one at the front is a drop down bar reliant
on a gripping mechanism that sometimes does, and sometimes doesn't grip.
Don't be put off however - this baby flies.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS REALLY IS HOME CINEMA, 28 April 2014
R. cooke "devon" (uk) - See all my reviews
I have wanted a good home projector for some time. When you watch the Gadget show or read Tech mags, they all seem to look at high end machines costing a few thousand. As I have not got thousands to spend and do I choose a DLP over LCD.
I opted for this machine as the reviews were very good.
This projector is no disappointment. I have shown a 3D film at a magnolia wall ( as I have not fitted my screen up as yet). The image is fantastic, crisp, sharp and the HD is amazing. It is very easy to set up and as soon as you view the 3D ..WOW it just hits you..so much better than the cinema. The on board speaker is fine to monitor the audio, so dont be put off because some reviewers say its a poor sound. It does the job well and it does not profess to be Dolby surround.
The projector is compact and light. If this imagery is created on this cheaper projector, heavens only knows what the high end machines can achieve.
All I can say it is I am ecstatic with this machine and the bonus is the PAIR of Samsung SSG-51002 Battery Operated 3D Active Glasses which I purchased on Amazon for 23.50 work perfectly.
If you decide to buy this projector I can assure you will not be disappointed ..it is REAL HOME CINEMA . I do own a new Philips 55" 3D TV, which is very good, but for the big screen entertainment buy a projector. HUGE screen and much cheaper than buying a Big Screen TV. The Epson TW5200 projector is must for any serious home cinema.
Buy it with confidence and have fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, recommended 100%, 19 July 2014
Perfect picture. Great features. Low power mode makes it super silent operation. Perfect for playing games and also home cinema.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 31 Oct 2013
I bought this at the right time last week when the price had, unbelievably, fallen to 601.55.

To put it simply the picture quality is absolutely outstanding in both 2D and 3D and that is even projecting on to a pale coloured wall as we don't have a screen!

As it is Halloween, The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D seemed a good choice - a film that gets screened every Halloween in our household! I've seen this on a 3D TV before and I thought it was rather flat, however on this Epson projector it took a new lease of life and I saw details that I hadn't noticed before. This was followed by Avatar 3D - I may be the only person never to have seen this before - which really was a truly amazing 3D experience. The colours were vibrant and the level of detail projected was immense, giving a fully immersive experience.

As the RRP of this projector was below that of the model it had replaced, I'd been tempted and wary in the same breath but the Amazon price drop proved to be the deciding factor in committing to it's purchase.

If I have to say something negative, then it would be that the fan noise seems quite loud and very noticeable during quieter scenes. This may be because it is new and hasn't had time to settle down yet, nor have I checked whether there is a setting in the comprehensive menu system that could help to make it quieter.

I really cannot understand why anybody would want to buy a smaller screen size TV at a much higher price - save some cash and buy this, which even at the RRP is far cheaper than a good quality TV.

Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
This projector is awesome, it also work with my Samsung active 3D glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Many thanks amazon ( not epson), 10 May 2014
Patrick (Cheshire uk) - See all my reviews
I was very pleased with the quality of this projector and my family and friends have all commented on how good it is. However I was disappointed with epson who promoted a free screen with this product. And after providing all the info they required they did not honor the promotion. Amazon as ever delivered on time ( great service) pity other companies aren't as committed as amazon to customer service many thanks yours sincerely P Kearns

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 star for general TV use because too much noise from fan, 25 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Product, 17 Mar 2014
This product was easy to install and the picture quality is exceptional especially in 3D. I have mine projecting straight onto a white wall. You will need to purchase correct eye ware to view. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well well worth the money, 2 Mar 2014
Buy it now this projector is well worth the money . The picture quality is fantastic the 3d is a1 just buy the thing and stop thinkin about it

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Home Cinema Projector, 25 Feb 2014
The Epson TW5200 is a great projector. Light weight and portable I hooked it up to my PS3 and the quality picture from Blue Ray discs is amazing. I believe more expensive projectors at over 1000 give better blacks but this is terrific value. Awaiting the 3D glasses to watch in 3D mode.