4.0 out of 5 stars Fun comedy, great idea !
I watch a lot of films and comedy is the genre that I find has so many films that are basically the same idea done over and over again, particularly romantic comedies but I found this one to be something new, a bit different to what I had expected too.
I thought the premise of it was an interesting one and it lead to some hilarious moments.
Basically the central...
Published on 17 Jan 2012 by mummy spoon

3.0 out of 5 stars Silly and lowbrow, yet endearing tosh
This review could be summed up in two words: `Anna' and `Faris.' Need I say more? Yes? Oh, okay then.

Published on 2 Mar 2012 by Albatross

3.0 out of 5 stars Silly and lowbrow, yet endearing tosh, 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: What's Your Number? (DVD) (DVD)

If you don't know, Anna Faris is fast catching Cameron Diaz up as the `dippy, but loveable blonde.' Here she plays a girl who decides she's slept with too many men and decides to track down all twenty of her exes to see if one of them was actually Mr Right. She does this with the help of her neighbour, played by Chris Evans.

Does anyone actually watch a romantic comedy and wonder whether the two leading characters will or won't get together in the end? Probably not, so I won't go there. Instead I'll mention that Anna does track her previous guys down in a series of almost `sketch-like' chapters. This is hardly the work of genius scriptwriters, but, in this case, it gets the job done, as each man she revisits is pretty funny each time.

Faris is silly, dippy, attractive and falls over a lot, but then that's what she does. And, if you're not into that sort of performance, you'll probably hate this film.

However, if you want a daft romantic (kind of adult) comedy, there are worse around. I laughed and I don't normally laugh at `boy meets girl' type of flicks.

Grab the popcorn and put your brain on hold long enough to wonder whether Anna and Chris decide that, despite their differences, they're really meant for each other. Almost brings a tear to my cynical eye.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun comedy, great idea !, 17 Jan 2012
mummy spoon (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What's Your Number? (DVD) (DVD)
Basically the central character Ally played by Anna Faris reads an article in a magazine that says women who have dated more than 20 men will have trouble getting a husband, so after reaching the limit she decides to revisit all her past boyfriends to find out if one of them really was 'the one'.
I laughed alot throughout the film and though the story and dialogue were very funny, I think it was Anna Faris that took it to the next level, she really is fantastic in this and along with a top supporting cast which includes Chris Evans they take a good comedy and make it a great one .
I can't believe this is the only review on here, I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good comedy or just likes films in general, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

4.0 out of 5 stars "What's Your Number?" on BLU RAY., 15 Mar 2014
Mark Barry "Mark Barry" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
You have to worry about poor Chris Evans when he's around the ladies. The man can't help himself. He has an effect on them. And if Chris has his shirt off (and I can assure the makers of "The Devil Wears Prada" and "27 Dresses" make him expose his ripped torso as much as is indecently possible) - Chris is frankly irresistible to the opposite sex. A little like me on a Monday morning in a Walthamstow urinal...

Like most - I hadn't expected much from "What's Your Number?" - yet it actually sparkles when so many other rom-coms don't. It's a genuinely funny and entertaining ride.

A huge part of its success has to go to ANNA FARIS who goes after this rom-com role like Katherine Heigl on speed. Her character Ally is all mouth and attitude, juggling a manic work life and occasionally stopping to have sex when the mood takes and the menu looks right. But in a kiss-and-tell cocktail chat with some bitchy friends - she realizes that her previous-partner-count has in fact topped 19 - and the next guy has to be the magic 20. Cue cameos of former lovers (Sherlock's Martin Freeman is excellent) and awkward situations involving varying amounts of revolving underwear.

Meanwhile in the apartment across the hall her admittedly handsome neighbour Colin keeps dodging a constant procession of one-night stands with lady lovelies. Whether these poor women adore him or not - Colin seems obnoxious to them and even uses Ally's apartment on occasion to hide from his conquests. So it isn't long before the two strike up an unholy bargain - Colin can hold up in her place when he needs to avoid reasonability - in return he'll help Ally track down those past boyfriends to see if they might now represent potential husband material. Will love triumph over crabs, checklists and cockroaches? Will Ally find the man of her dreams? Is Number 20/Mister Right in fact right under her nose? Let me hazard a guess...

The picture quality on the BLU RAY is gorgeous throughout - defaulted to 1.85:1 so it fills out the full screen naturally. There are 8 Deleted Scenes as extras and a very funny 'Gag Reel'. Subtitles supplied are: Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Latin Spanish, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and English For The Hard Of Hearing. Also note that the American 20th Century Fox issue is REGION A LOCKED so it won't play on our machines unless they're chipped to be 'all regions' (which few are). Stick with the UK variant - as you can see it's available for under a fiver in most places.

"What's Your Number?" is far better than it had any divine right to be (my 19 year old daughter laughed a lot).
A bit of a hoot frankly and thoroughly recommended.

Now all I need to do is count backwards myself. Let me see - was it 12,500 or was it 13,750?

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 is my number, 31 Jan 2012
Suzy (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What's Your Number? (DVD) (DVD)
I went to see this movie on the cinema in October 2011 on my own and was anticipating a good fun romantic comedy especially as it stars Chris Evans who i love. I came out of the cinema with a massive smile on my face as this was a great feel good movie it's very funny Anna Faris is just brilliant and really shows her comedic talents i couldn't recommend this film more highly. A wonderful movie Anna and Chris are great together. 5 stars from me. Fans of rom-coms should definately see this movie it's not one to be missed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not half as funny as it could be, 31 May 2014
J. Symon "JMS_5" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What's Your Number? (DVD) (DVD)
I'll be honest. I only bought this because I am going through something of a Chris Evans phase at the moment. He is positively adorable in this film so I would highly recommend it if you like him. And the 3 stars are down to him. It's a funny premise but doesn't live up it unfortunately. Many lost opportunities and a lot of the gags fall flat. Still..... Evans is a cutie pie, so..... swings and roundabouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rom Com, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: What's Your Number? (DVD) (DVD)
I love this film as I love romantic films

Alot happens in the film to keep you interested
It arrived promptly and well wrapped

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS!, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: What's Your Number? (DVD) (DVD)
I found this movie hilarious. Anna Faris and Chris Evans work so well together in this romcom. I couldnt stop laughing whenever i watch this film and i can watch it over and over and not get bored. Hilarious if you get the extended version with the deleted scenes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of funny moments but highly predictable, 12 Jun 2013
Laura Hartley (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: What's Your Number? (DVD) (DVD)
One of the only reasons I decided to watch this movie was because of my obsession with Chris Evans. After seeing him in Captain America I was hoping that perhaps he would be able to show off his acting skills again in this movie, but unfortunately I was disappointed. I had an inkling prior to watching this movie that it wasn't going to be very good because personally I don't see Anna Faris as a very serious actress after seeing her in House Bunny and now I take her even less seriously. She's great at doing comedies but you find yourself laughing at her characters and their stupid antics in the same sort of way you'd laugh at slapstick.

What's Your Number? is about Ally Darling (Anna Faris), a young woman who realises that she's slept with far too many men already in her life. Determined not to sleep with any more, she backtracks and thinks back to all her past relationships to see if she could've missed 'the one'. With the help of her new neighbour, Colin Shea (Chris Evans), she manages to find each and every one of her exes, but things don't turn out the way that Ally planned.

Out of all the rom-coms I've watched, this definitely isn't anyway near the top of my list. Whilst I found it amusing and endearing, it really wasn't that freat a movie. You could say that the plot is original as I've never seen a rom-com where the girl looks backwards in order to find a husband; however, it wasn't very realistic. I couldn't believe that Ally had slept with 20 guys in her life nor that someone would track down every single one of these guys just to see if she'd missed husband potential.

Rom-Coms of this nature never particularly give the actors much opportunity to showcase their abilities and you know that the ones that do are worth watching. I didn't think that the acting was that great then again this movie was more heavily weighted to the 'comedy' part so I guess it didn't bother me too much. There are two main characters throughout, which the addition of many, many supporting actors who are Ally's ex-boyfriends. Many of these actors were quite well-known and famous and they brought a lot to their brief scenes.

Whilst there are some very funny moments and it makes your heart flutter a bit just like any other rom-com movie, it's a highly predictable movie that is not as great as I thought it would be and with a rating of only 24% on Rotten Tomatoes, I wouldn't particularly recommend this as there are many other movies available!

3.0 out of 5 stars Two funny blondes, 4 Mar 2013
Stuart Wilson - See all my reviews
This review is from: What's Your Number? (DVD) (DVD)
No, the other blonde is not Chris Evans. I have a soft spot for Chris since he played both the Human Torch AND Captain America, that'll do for me. Here he's meant to be an out of work muso, but really he's more believable as a flying smartass in flames. He does look like an out of work actor though, with an actor's bod, which he is required to show off here and there, of course. Meanwhile, the first funny blonde is Anna Faris, who is a real comedienne, not just an actress doing comedy, and there is a big difference. She is also sexy as hell, which doesn't hurt. But she has a knack for both farce and the quick line. This film doesn't really do her justice, she'll need better writers for that, but she works it for all it's worth.The other funny blonde is, rather fortunately for la Faris, hidden under a fringe in amongst her bunch of friends and not given much to do at all, but when she gets the chance she takes it and leaves a big delighted grin on your face. That's Eliza Coupe, so funny in Scrubs, so desperately over-the-top in the awful Fresh Start, or whatever it's called. She must have had Anna looking nervously over her shoulder a couple of times. She also gets to show off her great legs very briefly. The film, meanwhile, is ok telly fare, and there are some nice shots of Boston. But no movie will ever convince me that jumping into that city's harbour is a smart or romantic thing to do. Let's just hope meanwhile that at some point both Anna and Eliza get the writers they deserve.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality rom com, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: What's Your Number? (DVD) (DVD)
really funny and great love story. easy watching and really enjoyed it. would highly recommend it to all who want a new rom com to watch

What's Your Number?