Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, Moving, Funny, Exciting and Inspiring
I won't tell you the plot of this film and ruin it for you - CAREFUL - there are lots on here that do just that.

But I would like to share with you the fantastic experience my family had watching this at the cinema.

Published on 11 Oct 2009 by Mr. Hm Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars a cracking film overall.....but shame about the second half
A cracking film as you would expect from Pixar. The animation is tastefully done and stylish without being 'in your face'. This is a film that can be enjoyed by both children and adults alike - there is something for everyone.

About half-way through it starts getting a little bit silly and far-fetched for me however with talking dogs and the like - a shame...
Published 22 months ago by mu4awf

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, Moving, Funny, Exciting and Inspiring, 11 Oct 2009
Mr. Hm Bennett "howardbennett3" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

I (a slightly cynical 47 year old man) cried in the first ten minutes, was amazed and delighted in the next ten, almost split my sides at the affectionate, very real (but simultaneously very surreal!) depiction of dogs, lost myself in the adventure and tension and completely forgot time.

At times, my kids (6 and 8) almost lost bladder control with laughter and sat at the edge of their seats from start to finish.

As I said, Delightful, Moving, Funny, Exciting and Inspiring.

One of Pixar's best; does praise come higher than that?

5.0 out of 5 stars A life-affirming joy, 22 Feb 2010
'Up' merely cememts Pixar's reputation as the most intelligent and innovative film studio of the moment. From the incredible opening 10 minutes, destined to be a cinematic classic for ever, to the touching final scene, I was completely and utterly entranced.

A film for all ages and one that perfectly sums up the love and laughter that only the very greatest films can manage to pull of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny tear jerker, 17 Mar 2010
Mrs. R. Ward - See all my reviews
I bought this film for my grandchildren, ages 8 - 13. A few days later, I was told by my daughter-in-law that they had all watched the film and loved it. She was including herself and a visiting 3 year old. The amazing thing was that they had all shed tears at various points! Surely this is an example of a perfect film - lots of laughs and a few tears - even in a cartoon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Feb 2010
This movie has the best beginning ever. Period.
And if your not in tears by the first ten minutes then theres something wrong with you.
But, at the same time, this movie is also tremendously funny, happy and meaningful for all ages. There were times of intense laughter and sadness but this movie is ultimantly incredible.

Pixar produces THE best animated movies.
A bold, but true, statement.
And this is up there with Ratatouille, The Incredibles and Toy Story.

The Blu-Ray quality is breathtaking, the colours are vibrant and the sound is crisp and clear, the bonus features are also really entertaining and informative.

Buy this now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Up, up and Away, 27 April 2010
You and your kids will fly off with this house and share the adventures of its owner...this is hugely entertaining but also poignant as our hero takes on an adventure once dreamed of by him and his wife - an adventure he only undertakes after her death, an adventure which brings him a new wisdom and new happiness. Sound a little heavy? No, really its a sensitive little work with a good balance between fun, laughter, a delightful sense of fear and tensions and perhaps a few tears for those who understand the darker layers.

A great treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, Moving, Funny, Exciting and Inspiring, 25 Dec 2009
Mr. Hm Bennett "howardbennett3" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I won't tell you the plot of this film and ruin it for you - CAREFUL - there are lots here that do just that.

I (a slightly cynical 47 year old man) cried in the first ten minutes, was amazed and delighted in the next ten, almost split my sides at the affectionate, very real (but simultaneously very surreal!) depiction of dogs and then got completely involved in the adventure and tension and completely forgot time.

As I said, Delightful, Moving, Funny, Exciting and Inspiring.

One of Pixar's best; does praise come higher than that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul searching, 13 Mar 2010
Mrs. C. Dyehouse "Jo-Beth" (Peterborough) - See all my reviews
WOW! Within the first 10 mins so many of our family aged 5 to 66 were on the edge of tears - stunned into silence. My husband turned to me with moistened eyes and kissed me and held me!! Such a tender, funny, soul seraching story and superbly characterised. How could you not love the little boy scout? Our son and his wife are into the final round of IVF, my dad had just died and it hit home. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School Disney, 18 Mar 2010
This was a brilliant film. You expected the amazing animation and beautiful imagery, but what took me aback was the impact of the story.
This is back to old-school disney. It really wrenches at the heart before delivering a very uplifting message.

Smaller kids won't get the gravitas of the message (it hits home for adults big time) but they will enjoy the film for it's humour and fun.
It will take me a while to muster the courage to watch this again, but it is a wonderful film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flying high on Up, 16 Feb 2010
I was dragged to the cinema to watch this cartoon, I thought to myself what a waste of time (an original Mr Grumpy) when I left the cinema I wanted to queue up again to marvel at this film, I will no longer treat these films with disrespect as it is a joy to watch from start to finish, some children will feel sad (as I did) in the first 10 minutes, but as soon a Russell appears I never laughed so much in years.
It deserves its oscar nomination, probably wont win it.
but

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film of the year?, 25 April 2010
A classic in every respect.

There are not many films which start off on a sad note (yup - definitely some sort of irritation in the air that made my eyes a bit moist) but end up giving so much pleasure.

And....my 3 year old son was enthralled throughout.

Up