5.0 out of 5 stars Not a professional gamer? This is the mouse you want.
Published 5 months ago by M. Wyatt

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but problems with connection at times
I was previously using the Logitech Performance MX which i loved! But i wanted more buttons that i could program to do things like 'cut' and 'paste' etc, because i do that a lot in web coding and various other functions i use in 3d design, so it would really speed up my work flow if i could do it by pressing a thumb button on my mouse. So, i decided on this G602.
Ok,...
Published 1 month ago by Redwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a professional gamer? This is the mouse you want., 10 Sept. 2014
M. Wyatt - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I am an avid gamer, I play a bit of everything so wanted a good all rounder. Looking at the available wireless gaming mice out there, with their incredibly high DPI laser sensors and zillion reports a second they all have one thing in common- utterly awful battery life. Some of the top rated mice recommended will last literally just 10 hours on a charge, ludicrous if you ask me. Probably perfect for professional competitive gamers who believe 1 millisecond makes all the difference, but surely infuriating for most people that use their mice for a mixture of games and browsing.

I had a Logitech performance MX (battery life just about acceptable, 7 days typically with heavy use), but found the build quality to be less than satisfactory. The problem lied mainly with the scroll wheel, while trying to please everyone with smooth scrolling and a stepped function, they made it good at neither with an annoying middle button difficult to reliably click to boot. While an attractive thing, it feels quite flimsily built.

I swapped for this, cheaper, 'poor man's' optical sensor with lower DPI, but the reality is, it is more than sensitive enough for someone not in a pro gaming tournament, built sturdier than the MX/G700S and many others twice the price, with a battery life even on the 'performance' mode that should comfortably last a demanding user a month minimum with quality rechargeable batteries.

Unless you really crave a elite laser gaming mouse that works for a day before needing a charge, this is about as good as it gets for an all round gaming mouse you can use for everything else as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Mouse for all Genres, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I'm a PC gamer who enjoys a variety of different genres, from FPS, to RTS, to MMO games. After previously owning a Razer Naga Molten Edition mouse which featured 12 side buttons, I had become so used to using these side buttons as in-game macros that it was vital I could do the same thing with the next mouse I buy. This is the reason I went with the Logitech G602, as it features enough side buttons to satisfy MMO and RTS games, alongside a comfortable design for FPS games.

Build Quality:
The G602 definitely feels like a solid mouse. The external casing implements four different materials; a textured 'sandpaper' feel to the area where your thumb goes, a rubberised soft layer where your palm sits, a matte plastic for the two main buttons and finally a plastic silver trim to give the mouse a sleek look. What I like about Logitech mice is that they don't go for the stupid gaming designs with pretty lights and funky designs, they make their mice from high quality materials with a professional look and feel. The buttons themselves feel rigid and have a nice click to them, and the mouse is the perfect design for avoiding finger prints due to minimal gloss. I definitely feel that the G602 could take some beating, and if you ever dropped it, it would very much stay in-tact.

Comfort and Responsiveness:
Compared to my old Razer Naga this mouse feels a lot more ergonomic and feels particularly nicer when I'm just casually using my PC and not gaming. The mouse itself is fairly large and the side thumb rest ensures my fingers aren't dragging across the mouse mat, something which happened with my Razer Naga. Personally I have long fingers and my thumb is perfectly capable of reaching the macro buttons all over the mouse. However, sometimes I find my hand resting quite far towards the back of the mouse and I accidentally click the middle side button instead of the ones nearer the front. This is just something I will need to get used to though as it is a brand new mouse. As mentioned before, all the buttons feel good and responsive, and you won't accidentally be hitting the side buttons with your thumb whilst gaming. The one part of the mouse I really do dislike however is the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel feels very stiff and requires a lot of finger movement if you're trying to scroll quickly. In addition, the scroll wheel material has a really slippery rubberised surface which my finger constantly loses grip of. Unfortunately this mouse doesn't support settings for changing the scroll wheel sensitivity.
In terms of responsiveness and latency, there are no issues whatsoever. My main concern with switching to wireless was the possibility of lag, but there really is no difference between this and a wired mouse. I'm not even using the USB extension cable which comes with it, and it still feels great. The difference between performance mode and endurance mode is very subtle, with endurance mode running at 125Hz compared to performance mode at 500Hz. I myself can notice the difference in games, so switching between the two modes is something you'll have to get used to. One amazing thing to mention about this mouse is the battery life, which I'm sure you've already seen in the description for the G602. Batteries last for months, it really is amazing for a wireless mouse.

Problems with the Mouse:
The first problem I came across with this mouse was the driver software, and you'll be amazed at the solution to this problem. If you're running Windows 8/8.1, you'll likely find that the driver installation software freezes at about 60% and the only thing you can do is turn off your PC to get rid of it. I looked online for a solution and it turns out... you have to unplug your optical drive inside your PC in order for the installation to work. Don't even ask me why, I have no idea, but it seems to work for the hundreds of other people who had the same problem, including myself. This to me is a very serious issue with Logitech's software, as not everyone has the experience/knowledge to open up their PC and fiddle with cables, especially if you own a laptop. I even tested out a friend's Logitech G400 mouse a few months ago on my PC and the same driver issue occurred back then, Logitech have yet to fix this after months of it being a major problem. Once the software was installed though I was able to setup my macros and DPI without any problems.
The next issue is the weight of the mouse. Even with just one battery inserted in the mouse it still feels quite heavy. I play at a low DPI sensitivity and so if I'm turning fast in-game, I have to lift my mouse up and down off the mouse mat in order to do so. I find that the mouse slips slightly from my grip every time I lift it, which is an annoying problem in fast paced FPS games. Due to the batteries being at the back of the mouse, it also means the back of the mouse is where you lose grip first when you pick it up because it's heavier in that area. The weight isn't a major issue and I can still play games perfectly fine, but I just wish it was a bit lighter.

Overall the mouse is great and I'd definitely recommend trying it out. If you're like me and play a mixture of game genres this will suit you well, and the wireless feature makes it a lot less messy on your desk. Amazon only lets me choose 4/5 as the rating, but I would have it set to 4.5/5 instead. If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for optical!, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
It's so great to see Logitech employing an optical sensor in one of their higher end mice. It's about time people finally realise lasers are not the answer for gaming - they all have the inherent problem of hardware side acceleration of anywhere from 2-10%, something gamers do not want! Optical mice track 1:1 - perfect.

The goods:

- Optical! - The superior sensor with no built in acceleration compared to laser mice. It's not the most recent optical sensor but I cant detect any jitter or tracking issues in paint. Would have been nice to see them employ the new ADNS-3310 though.

- Shape is great, very similar to the G700/S but with a better 'ledge' for your ring/pinkie to sit on making it easier to pick up. The extended thumb rest allows the thumb to sit relaxed and comfortable.

- Build quality is outstanding. It really is the best build Logitech mice I've had the pleasure of using - on my desk sat next to it I have the G500S, G700 and G700S and this knocks them all out of the park. The sandpaper like grip on the previous mice has been refined and is now much smoother and nice to the touch while offering good grip. The top of the mouse really stands out though! The buttons employ a soft matte paint somewhat akin to the Roccat mice - great to touch and after a days use there are no sweaty fingerprint marks at all. The rear 'patterned' area is rubbery and very comfortable/grippy and gives a unique design.

There are no rattles like you experience on the G700. ALL the buttons are much more clicky and defined compared to the 700's mushy feeling side buttons.

- Claimed battery life is big and I'm looking forward to seeing how far it'll stretch. After a day its nice to see it at full still whereas I'd now be thinking of charging my 700!

The OK's:

- It weighs a fair bit, like the G700. However it isn't so rear heavy so its easier to lift. It can also be run on one battery (I'm doing this) to reduce weight by around 20g. It feels perfect to me with one.

The bads:

- Mouse wheel feels somewhat mushy to scroll. Its much less defined and it's easy to scroll too far without feeling it. I'm not a fan of Logitech's rattly hyperscroll wheel though and I'm glad they didn't use it.

- 500hz max polling rate. This is gonna put a lot of people off. Why? I dont know. I can't notice any difference between 500hz and 1000hz. Unless your monitor refresh rate is 1ms you aren't going to care.

Overrall I'm going to keep this mouse. It feels of higher quality than my G700S due to it being a totally newly designed product opposed to a sensor upgrade. The comfort is top notch and its simply really, really nice to use!

Would heartily reccomend this mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put through it's paces over a year, it's a good 'un., 1 Feb. 2015
Andrew Ballard (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
It might not be the best gaming mouse in the world, but it could certainly enter the competition with confidence. I've used/owned a lot of mice over 15 years, so I do know what I'm talking about.

125/250/500hz Wireless, no 1k, but I'm not an Android so i'll live with it.
Refined surface textures...logitech have been trying to get this right for a while, the textures on this mouse all make sense and feel great.
Phenomenal battery life in eco mode
YES it does have tunable weight, you can use one *or* two batteries, and go 1x lithium primary for ultralight or 2x NiMH rechargeables for heavy...see? :)
Basically perfect sensor, does what you want it to - Centrally placed too, my g700 for example has it to the front, and it's noticeably not ideal.
Very comfortable for my hands, the thumb rest is just right, suits a claw grip really well imho.
Great sized slippy pads, placed on the four cardinal points, great support.
Lots of actually useable buttons that have a great tight feel to them, no wobbles.
Stunning crisp click action, really firm and quality feeling, without being obnoxiously loud - usable when on teamspeak without causing people to hate you for your noisy cheap sounding mouse clicks from other well known brands.
The mouse buttons are leagues ahead of those you find on other gaming mice that are cheaply moulded into the shell and thus have utterly dreadful conformity, acoustics and lateral movement to varying degrees depending on the plastic and shape, De Rigeur on Razer, Steelseries, some logitechs, Zowie, et al.

Beware gimmicks: RBG lights with 16 million colours and only 6 of them are ever usable, changeable microswitches (all mice have this when you have a soldiering iron) 32bit CPUs, etc. It's a mouse, you need it to be the best mouse it can be, not a lightbulb.

And the price, low-mid forties?...it puts most gaming mice to shame on that alone.

I am genuinely impressed by this mouse and how all it's features come together.

5.0 out of 5 stars They nailed it with this mouse!, 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
They didn't try to be fancy, to use gimmicks, they just focused on what matters and delivered a classy, well built, great value product. I waited almost a year to review this to check its durability. This bad boy is still going strong, with no signs of click deterioration and I'm a heavy user, both with games and work. The button switches they use are rated at 20 million clicks and so far I have no reason to doubt this claim, (plus I've seen a video of the Logitech testing facility that other brands don't seem to bother much about as long as they work to start with), that's twice the number of clicks than a certain other wired brand of gaming mouse, favoured by MMO players for its large amount of side buttons, I'll let you guess/research which I am referring to. This one does have fewer side buttons, but if the main buttons are gonna last twice as long, which would you rather have?
The build quality is amazing for any mouse, let alone at this price, which is already cheaper than the £60 I paid, but I don't regret not waiting, it was well worth the extra to have it for the last year. Not having cables tugging at your mouse, pulling it off the mouse mat, tripping over them etc., if you've wanted to try wireless but were deterred as I was over poor battery life, you need to get this (with some good rechargeables, although it comes with two normal). I use one battery only as it makes it lighter, does feel kind of heavy with two, but one will last about two months of heavy use on economy mode, which is perfectly fine for MMO's and most games, if you like twitch shooters and feel like you need an extra boost for an important match then whack it on performance mode, but you'll be hard pressed to notice much difference. It's so good I'm thinking about buying another just for a backup in case they don't make such an all round amazing wireless mouse again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Paid £40 for this. Was going to get a more budget one but was swayed towards this as Logitech is my favourite company and I trust them. The only other mouse I've owned is the Sharkoon Fireglider which, at the time, I thought was great. It does not compare. This mouse is phenomenal.

You get the mouse, nano receiver, Logitech software to program the buttons and pointer and a receiver extender for use with a desktop. The software is miles better than the Sharkoon one. It assigns profiles based which .exes you open, and a light flashes informing you that a profile has switched.

PROS:
- Great feel. I use a claw-type grip with mice and this works nicely. It is on the heavy side, which I prefer.
- Very responsive
- Excellent build quality and battery life
- Great software and support

CONS:
- The two forward-most buttons are a bit of a stretch for my thumb, but then I do have small hands.

If you want a multi-purpose wireless mouse that is good for gaming, get this. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little rodent., 27 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
The good:
- Sensor.
- Battery life, and I have to mention the difference between gaming mode and endurance mode. Nice feature. Used mostly on endurance it goes on past 3 months and I often forget to switch it off overnight.
- Ergonomy, for the most part.

The bad:
- You can't charge batteries inside the mouse. A micro USB port for charging it would have been excellent.
- The small silver buttons (default sensitivity + -) are easy to touch by mistake or to press agains the side of your keyboard and laptop, thus you can change sensitivity by mistake.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very specific ergonomics, 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I've been using this for a couple of weeks, not for gaming but as a general work mouse. I was after a wireless one, with good battery life, additional buttons and comfortable ergonomics. While it delivers on most of these, one comes with very specific caveats: The ergonomics.

Before I elaborate on the drawbacks, I'll add it's got a solid enough weight to it, it's large enough in size for big hands and the left and right mouse buttons feel much more responsive compared to a stock mouse - I'm sure my double click speed has halved.

Now, about those shapely caveats:

Firstly, it feels primary suited for those that use a palm or possibly claw grip. This is fine as it is comfortable in this position, but I'd be wary about how this affects dexterity during game play. Definitely less suited if you tend to lift the mouse off the mat often a-la fingertip grip.

Secondly, and the reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5, it seems to be designed in such a way where you are forced to use the following finger positions:
1. Left button: index finger
2. Scroll wheel: middle finger
3. Right button: ring finger.

When held like this, it is a comfortable, smooth mouse. Unfortunately this isn't the configuration most of us are used to (is it an MMO thing?). If you use index and middle for the left and right buttons respectively you find that your pinky ends up with nowhere comfortable to rest/grip the mouse.

Finally, the G6 and G9 buttons (those side buttons closest to the wrist) are just a little too far back to be used effectively.

So in all, great for a specific style, but far from well-rounded.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but problems with connection at times, 11 Jan. 2015
Redwards (Swansea, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Ok, so when i first received this mouse i didn't like the 'all plastic' feel of it. Although this is mainly because i was used to my MX which has lovely build quality with rubber grips etc. but continued anyway...

Software install and set u was easy. i configured the buttons and away i went...

In the hand it feels ok. nothing special though. i don't like the thumb rest... it's too curved so when you want to pick the mouse up to move it, your thumb slides up to the 'g' buttons and clicks one of them. This is annoying to say the least!

Battery life is ok. I've had it just over a year and I've changed the batteries for the second time this week gone. What i would of liked though is a built in battery that charges via USB, like the MX did, as this means not having to buy batteries and was just convenient. (although the MX needed charging quite regularly, but this only meant plugging the lead in to the front of the mouse, so you could still use it while charging!).

My main gripe with this mouse is that when i hold down the LMB and drag to, lets say, select something, it often breaks connection. This means that my 'selection box' is broken and i have to do it again. This is a VERY BIG PROBLEM! as every time you need to 'drag and drop' some files or whatever and it breaks half way through the 'drag', it has resulted in files going into the wrong folder etc. This is unacceptable from a £70 mouse! (price at the time of purchase). Basics like this should just work.

It has become more frequent lately and looking on Amazon to see when i bought this it says Dec 13 so it has been just over a year so i guess I'm stuck with this problem. I may sacrifice the extra buttons and go back to my MX. I'm not about to be buying yet another £70 mouse of this caliber from Logitech, because, as they say - "once bitten, twice shy". So I'll stay with what i know is reliable for now!

5.0 out of 5 stars League of Legends approved, 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this mouse to play LoL with as the rigid cable of my last mouse would often slow my hand movement during those oh-so-crucial skillshots (AP Mid main, Plat V on EUW).

I loved it since the moment it arrived but I wanted to wait a bit before posting this to check the "eternal battery" fables that surround it. After a month of FULL usage (5ish hours per day of League) its battery indicator is still at full. This mouse will last an incredibly long time between battery changes.

I also found the macro buttons INCREDIBLY useful, as you can assign each item slot to them and use your active items with a quick click instead of a key press. THis means you no longer need to move your hands from the QWER>DF>SA keys that are used most in League

I also used the Macros in Dragon Age Origins and now I'm completely dependent on them.

The mouse also comes with a USB extender cable that allows you to place the Wireless receiver closer to the mouse which allows for 100% accurate movement and precision in picking up the signal. The different DPI settings didn't even matter once I found the one I liked.

Would recommend to any gamer, and to any League player.

Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse