5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for optical!
It's so great to see Logitech employing an optical sensor in one of their higher end mice. It's about time people finally realise lasers are not the answer for gaming - they all have the inherent problem of hardware side acceleration of anywhere from 2-10%, something gamers do not want! Optical mice track 1:1 - perfect.

The goods:

- Optical! - The...
Published 8 months ago by Will Rye

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the perfect Logitech mouse!
Coming straight from the wireless Logitech MX700 (of which I've had several) to the G602 I was expecting a lot.
ERGONOMICS:
The current wired G400S keeps the classic MX500/700 shape and layout alive. However the wireless G602 is a step backwards. It's too heavy by far and slips slightly when lifting the mouse to readjust it's position on the mouse mat. A gaming...
Published 6 months ago by D. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for optical!, 24 Mar 2014

The goods:

- Optical! - The superior sensor with no built in acceleration compared to laser mice. It's not the most recent optical sensor but I cant detect any jitter or tracking issues in paint. Would have been nice to see them employ the new ADNS-3310 though.

- Shape is great, very similar to the G700/S but with a better 'ledge' for your ring/pinkie to sit on making it easier to pick up. The extended thumb rest allows the thumb to sit relaxed and comfortable.

- Build quality is outstanding. It really is the best build Logitech mice I've had the pleasure of using - on my desk sat next to it I have the G500S, G700 and G700S and this knocks them all out of the park. The sandpaper like grip on the previous mice has been refined and is now much smoother and nice to the touch while offering good grip. The top of the mouse really stands out though! The buttons employ a soft matte paint somewhat akin to the Roccat mice - great to touch and after a days use there are no sweaty fingerprint marks at all. The rear 'patterned' area is rubbery and very comfortable/grippy and gives a unique design.

There are no rattles like you experience on the G700. ALL the buttons are much more clicky and defined compared to the 700's mushy feeling side buttons.

- Claimed battery life is big and I'm looking forward to seeing how far it'll stretch. After a day its nice to see it at full still whereas I'd now be thinking of charging my 700!

The OK's:

- It weighs a fair bit, like the G700. However it isn't so rear heavy so its easier to lift. It can also be run on one battery (I'm doing this) to reduce weight by around 20g. It feels perfect to me with one.

The bads:

- Mouse wheel feels somewhat mushy to scroll. Its much less defined and it's easy to scroll too far without feeling it. I'm not a fan of Logitech's rattly hyperscroll wheel though and I'm glad they didn't use it.

- 500hz max polling rate. This is gonna put a lot of people off. Why? I dont know. I can't notice any difference between 500hz and 1000hz. Unless your monitor refresh rate is 1ms you aren't going to care.

Overrall I'm going to keep this mouse. It feels of higher quality than my G700S due to it being a totally newly designed product opposed to a sensor upgrade. The comfort is top notch and its simply really, really nice to use!

Would heartily reccomend this mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a professional gamer? This is the mouse you want., 10 Sep 2014
M. Wyatt - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I am an avid gamer, I play a bit of everything so wanted a good all rounder. Looking at the available wireless gaming mice out there, with their incredibly high DPI laser sensors and zillion reports a second they all have one thing in common- utterly awful battery life. Some of the top rated mice recommended will last literally just 10 hours on a charge, ludicrous if you ask me. Probably perfect for professional competitive gamers who believe 1 millisecond makes all the difference, but surely infuriating for most people that use their mice for a mixture of games and browsing.

I had a Logitech performance MX (battery life just about acceptable, 7 days typically with heavy use), but found the build quality to be less than satisfactory. The problem lied mainly with the scroll wheel, while trying to please everyone with smooth scrolling and a stepped function, they made it good at neither with an annoying middle button difficult to reliably click to boot. While an attractive thing, it feels quite flimsily built.

I swapped for this, cheaper, 'poor man's' optical sensor with lower DPI, but the reality is, it is more than sensitive enough for someone not in a pro gaming tournament, built sturdier than the MX/G700S and many others twice the price, with a battery life even on the 'performance' mode that should comfortably last a demanding user a month minimum with quality rechargeable batteries.

Unless you really crave a elite laser gaming mouse that works for a day before needing a charge, this is about as good as it gets for an all round gaming mouse you can use for everything else as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Mouse for all Genres, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I'm a PC gamer who enjoys a variety of different genres, from FPS, to RTS, to MMO games. After previously owning a Razer Naga Molten Edition mouse which featured 12 side buttons, I had become so used to using these side buttons as in-game macros that it was vital I could do the same thing with the next mouse I buy. This is the reason I went with the Logitech G602, as it features enough side buttons to satisfy MMO and RTS games, alongside a comfortable design for FPS games.

Build Quality:
The G602 definitely feels like a solid mouse. The external casing implements four different materials; a textured 'sandpaper' feel to the area where your thumb goes, a rubberised soft layer where your palm sits, a matte plastic for the two main buttons and finally a plastic silver trim to give the mouse a sleek look. What I like about Logitech mice is that they don't go for the stupid gaming designs with pretty lights and funky designs, they make their mice from high quality materials with a professional look and feel. The buttons themselves feel rigid and have a nice click to them, and the mouse is the perfect design for avoiding finger prints due to minimal gloss. I definitely feel that the G602 could take some beating, and if you ever dropped it, it would very much stay in-tact.

Comfort and Responsiveness:
Compared to my old Razer Naga this mouse feels a lot more ergonomic and feels particularly nicer when I'm just casually using my PC and not gaming. The mouse itself is fairly large and the side thumb rest ensures my fingers aren't dragging across the mouse mat, something which happened with my Razer Naga. Personally I have long fingers and my thumb is perfectly capable of reaching the macro buttons all over the mouse. However, sometimes I find my hand resting quite far towards the back of the mouse and I accidentally click the middle side button instead of the ones nearer the front. This is just something I will need to get used to though as it is a brand new mouse. As mentioned before, all the buttons feel good and responsive, and you won't accidentally be hitting the side buttons with your thumb whilst gaming. The one part of the mouse I really do dislike however is the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel feels very stiff and requires a lot of finger movement if you're trying to scroll quickly. In addition, the scroll wheel material has a really slippery rubberised surface which my finger constantly loses grip of. Unfortunately this mouse doesn't support settings for changing the scroll wheel sensitivity.
In terms of responsiveness and latency, there are no issues whatsoever. My main concern with switching to wireless was the possibility of lag, but there really is no difference between this and a wired mouse. I'm not even using the USB extension cable which comes with it, and it still feels great. The difference between performance mode and endurance mode is very subtle, with endurance mode running at 125Hz compared to performance mode at 500Hz. I myself can notice the difference in games, so switching between the two modes is something you'll have to get used to. One amazing thing to mention about this mouse is the battery life, which I'm sure you've already seen in the description for the G602. Batteries last for months, it really is amazing for a wireless mouse.

Problems with the Mouse:
The first problem I came across with this mouse was the driver software, and you'll be amazed at the solution to this problem. If you're running Windows 8/8.1, you'll likely find that the driver installation software freezes at about 60% and the only thing you can do is turn off your PC to get rid of it. I looked online for a solution and it turns out... you have to unplug your optical drive inside your PC in order for the installation to work. Don't even ask me why, I have no idea, but it seems to work for the hundreds of other people who had the same problem, including myself. This to me is a very serious issue with Logitech's software, as not everyone has the experience/knowledge to open up their PC and fiddle with cables, especially if you own a laptop. I even tested out a friend's Logitech G400 mouse a few months ago on my PC and the same driver issue occurred back then, Logitech have yet to fix this after months of it being a major problem. Once the software was installed though I was able to setup my macros and DPI without any problems.
The next issue is the weight of the mouse. Even with just one battery inserted in the mouse it still feels quite heavy. I play at a low DPI sensitivity and so if I'm turning fast in-game, I have to lift my mouse up and down off the mouse mat in order to do so. I find that the mouse slips slightly from my grip every time I lift it, which is an annoying problem in fast paced FPS games. Due to the batteries being at the back of the mouse, it also means the back of the mouse is where you lose grip first when you pick it up because it's heavier in that area. The weight isn't a major issue and I can still play games perfectly fine, but I just wish it was a bit lighter.

Overall the mouse is great and I'd definitely recommend trying it out. If you're like me and play a mixture of game genres this will suit you well, and the wireless feature makes it a lot less messy on your desk. Amazon only lets me choose 4/5 as the rating, but I would have it set to 4.5/5 instead. If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment!

5.0 out of 5 stars They nailed it with this mouse!, 6 Dec 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
They didn't try to be fancy, to use gimmicks, they just focused on what matters and delivered a classy, well built, great value product. I waited almost a year to review this to check its durability. This bad boy is still going strong, with no signs of click deterioration and I'm a heavy user, both with games and work. The button switches they use are rated at 20 million clicks and so far I have no reason to doubt this claim, (plus I've seen a video of the Logitech testing facility that other brands don't seem to bother much about as long as they work to start with), that's twice the number of clicks than a certain other wired brand of gaming mouse, favoured by MMO players for its large amount of side buttons, I'll let you guess/research which I am referring to. This one does have fewer side buttons, but if the main buttons are gonna last twice as long, which would you rather have?
The build quality is amazing for any mouse, let alone at this price, which is already cheaper than the £60 I paid, but I don't regret not waiting, it was well worth the extra to have it for the last year. Not having cables tugging at your mouse, pulling it off the mouse mat, tripping over them etc., if you've wanted to try wireless but were deterred as I was over poor battery life, you need to get this (with some good rechargeables, although it comes with two normal). I use one battery only as it makes it lighter, does feel kind of heavy with two, but one will last about two months of heavy use on economy mode, which is perfectly fine for MMO's and most games, if you like twitch shooters and feel like you need an extra boost for an important match then whack it on performance mode, but you'll be hard pressed to notice much difference. It's so good I'm thinking about buying another just for a backup in case they don't make such an all round amazing wireless mouse again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 23 Sep 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Paid £40 for this. Was going to get a more budget one but was swayed towards this as Logitech is my favourite company and I trust them. The only other mouse I've owned is the Sharkoon Fireglider which, at the time, I thought was great. It does not compare. This mouse is phenomenal.

You get the mouse, nano receiver, Logitech software to program the buttons and pointer and a receiver extender for use with a desktop. The software is miles better than the Sharkoon one. It assigns profiles based which .exes you open, and a light flashes informing you that a profile has switched.

PROS:
- Great feel. I use a claw-type grip with mice and this works nicely. It is on the heavy side, which I prefer.
- Very responsive
- Excellent build quality and battery life
- Great software and support

CONS:
- The two forward-most buttons are a bit of a stretch for my thumb, but then I do have small hands.

If you want a multi-purpose wireless mouse that is good for gaming, get this. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars League of Legends approved, 17 Dec 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this mouse to play LoL with as the rigid cable of my last mouse would often slow my hand movement during those oh-so-crucial skillshots (AP Mid main, Plat V on EUW).

I loved it since the moment it arrived but I wanted to wait a bit before posting this to check the "eternal battery" fables that surround it. After a month of FULL usage (5ish hours per day of League) its battery indicator is still at full. This mouse will last an incredibly long time between battery changes.

I also found the macro buttons INCREDIBLY useful, as you can assign each item slot to them and use your active items with a quick click instead of a key press. THis means you no longer need to move your hands from the QWER>DF>SA keys that are used most in League

I also used the Macros in Dragon Age Origins and now I'm completely dependent on them.

The mouse also comes with a USB extender cable that allows you to place the Wireless receiver closer to the mouse which allows for 100% accurate movement and precision in picking up the signal. The different DPI settings didn't even matter once I found the one I liked.

Would recommend to any gamer, and to any League player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless gaming is finally a viable option., 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I've never been a fan of Wireless Mice, between acceleration, changing batteries, disconnection issues and general sluggishness.
This is no longer the case. This mouse is incredibly comfortable, has a plethora of buttons in great positions for ease of access, has up to a 500Hz polling rate, in-game sensitivity switching and much, much more. The mouse has 2 modes, endurance and performance. In endurance mode, the battery life seemingly lasts forever, with two Duracell batteries (You can use one or two, depending on how heavy you want the mouse to be) I'm at around 300 hours of use, and have yet to change them. The polling rate is stuck at 125Hz (4ms delay) in endurance mode, but that doesn't seem to affect accuracy at all, this is the best mode for general browsing, casual gaming etc. In performance mode is when this mouse comes to life, the accuracy is 1:1 and there's no acceleration, input lag or delay to be seen, and you're able to utilize the full 500Hz polling rate this mouse uses.

Overall, I think it's safe to say Wireless Mice are finally a viable option for gaming, and are definitely closing the gap between Wireless and Wired as far as accuracy is concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent all round mouse, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
If your looking for a great wireless mouse for gaming, this is it. The G602 is very ergonomic, has two modes for power usage which is very handy for general use, as full power gives 250 hours of battery life for gaming which is great, but switch to eco mode when your not and you get over 1400 hours battery life. Plus it can run on only one battery if you find the weight needs adjusting, although this would be the only way to adjust the weight of this mouse. Adjustable dpi on the fly which is very useful, with five setting which are fully programable to your liking, plus the optical sensor is excellent, and with a max dpi of 2500 i cant see anyone except a small minority needing more. The 6 "mmo" buttons on the side are fully programable and unlike some mice you never have to strain to reach them, during my time using this mouse i always found them easy to access. Overall it looks great, feels great to hold and in build quality, and more importantly it works great too. You'll be hard pushed to find a better, more complete wireless mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars When will these batteries just die!!, 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this in March, it is now October and the first set of batteries is about to run out of juice. Fine maybe I'm not the biggest gamer, so most of the time it sits in "endurance" mode, but that is a crazy long time for a wireless mouse's battery to last. There is a noticeable difference between "Performance" and "Endurance" modes, when they are each set to their maximum settings, though I do actually prefer using the latter of the two in general windows use, then only flicking the switch (on the top of the mouse) to "Performance" mode for gaming, which is a great experience. No wires to get tangled up in. And for me, no noticeable wireless lag when gaming.

This is my perfect mouse and I don't see myself changing it anytime soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars This mouse is mostly excellent (I'll get to the not so good bit later), 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
This mouse is mostly excellent (I'll get to the not so good bit later). It's aesthetically pleasing, easy to use and with the gaming mouse software installed, easy to configure.

It took a bit of getting used to as the thumb buttons for forward and back are so far forward (w3hich only matters if you us3e these buttons in games - which I do). The buttons on the side are nicely positioned and once you get used to where your hand needs to rest to make it work properly, it's easy to get on with.

My only bad point on this mouse is the responsiveness of the thumb buttons (G1-G6 on the side). I'm finding that you have to hit them just right to make them work and you have to put a fair amount of pressure on them.

Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse