5.0 out of 5 stars Mouse heaven
Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse (wireless)

In the box.

You get the mouse, wireless receiver and install guide and drivers.

Set up.

Very simple - plug and play in Vista, Windows 7 and 8 (also Mac compatible).

In use.

Published 3 months ago by Mr. Richard Pearn

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after two months.
I play Dota 2 with this mouse, panning the camera with middle mouse button. Which unfortunately ceased to work completely after normal use. Had to buy a new mouse, when it did work it was a nice mouse. Has to be reliable though.
Published 2 days ago by nick collyer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouse heaven, 30 Dec 2013
Mr. Richard Pearn "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse (wireless)

In the box.

You get the mouse, wireless receiver and install guide and drivers.

Set up.

Very simple - plug and play in Vista, Windows 7 and 8 (also Mac compatible).

In use.

A very comfortable mouse to use for games and general use. Very fast response for a wireless mouse. Lots of customization features for games and macro building. Optional online software to download gives the mouse extra features and even more customising functions. Huge DPI range which can be changed via an on mouse switch rather than a software menu. Allows the user to control mouse speed and reactions in games, a very useful and worthwhile function with lots of customisation.
options.

Construction.

The mouse is very well made and balanced and after some use becomes a natural extension to your hand, not many mice achieve this feel.

Battery life.

Logitech claim huge times for this. I have only had the mouse for a few weeks so cannot really comment. However, after this time the battery indicator still says full.

Overall.

This must be the best mouse I have ever had and, I have had many!
It gets my full recommendation, I can't see how Logitech can improve much on this mouse in the future as it works well in games and for general use - buy it without hesitation you will love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars well well logitech., 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
about me- Mouse nut loves to test them had pretty much every sensor type adns 9500/800, PTE, A3090/5 S3888 S3988 3060... you get the point.

the best mouse for tracking that i have come across is a raw 3090 sensor i.e something like a G400s as the Deathadder 2013 has smoothing to compensate for the higher dpi range.
as such my favorite mouse prior was my tte Esports Theron Infrared (avago 3090).

with this mouse it can almost match that of the tte not by m/s or test suit software but by raw feel (gaming, general usage).
there is.. the tiny tiny tiniest amount of lag but i only put that down to the mouse being restricted to 500hz reporting.
but! i mean this it is amazingly smooth and the lod is low... and at what i would call a perfect level for all surface tracking.
i use it with one battery and it is the perfect weight for me 130g i do believe with one in...
the build quality is very good but there is slight button wobble with g11 & 10 but there dpi configured and i don't use them much..
the sensor again has no smoothing as the dpi is well within range for stability without need for it, or acceleration or angle snapping (3090)
glides with ease, and no case creaking!

Conclusion=

Pro's
wireless
change weight via amount of battery used.
Logitech software same as always (great!!)
well built
skates are very nice!
wheel is perfect
buttons are easy to reach

cons's
Tracking speeds is nearly up to weird performance just dropping short not really a con considering this is a wireless mouse.. i suppose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouse with skates on, 27 Jan 2014
S. Thomas - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am in front of a screen for most of the working day and have therefore always placed a premium on a good monitor and mouse. I have used a Logitech Performance MX mouse for a while now, which has a broadly similar footprint and feel to the G602 and is at a similar price point. As a result, my impressions compare the G602 with what I regard as an already excellent model in the MX. I am very accustomed to the feel of the MX and any change of mouse takes a little getting used. I will therefore try to compare the G602 against what I know but adjusted for the fact that to start with it felt very different.

This is a middleweight mouse - not so light that it lacks a sense of mass but not so heavy that you feel you are having a workout at the gym. It is somewhat lighter than the MX, which fits in with gaming where there is a need for faster movements over an extended period compared with more basic applications. The MX is fine for most applications but for FPS games the G602 fits the bill better.

The grip feels slightly flatter and extended compared with the MX but you wouldn’t know if they were side by side. If anything, the hand rests on the G602 in more relaxed fashion. It shares the same principle of a thumb rest, slightly remodelled, which reduces fatigue no end.

The G602 has a faster response time than the MX. Serious gamers are the equivalent of rally drivers and until recently purists would use wired mice because it eliminated lag. My experience was that any wireless latency in the MX was almost undetectable and the G602 must please even the most techie of gamers.

It is also more sensitive in terms of the extent to which it identifies the smallest hand movements – if it were a performance car one might describe it as turning on a sixpence. The difference is not detectable in non gaming use but it may give the serious gamer a slight edge.

A key noticeable difference is the presence of ten variously customisable buttons for use by the thumb. No doubt an F-111 Pilot with a head up display would be able to build reflexes to
make use of such an array of controls but I struggle to remember the basic three of the MX. However, it is great fun to have the option and although I cannot do them justice, an aficionado will feel as if they are at the PC equivalent of the controls of a fighter jet.

One of the reasons I went for the MX was that previous models used disposable batteries, which proved very costly over time. The G602 seemed to be a step back in this respect but advertises that it is very lean burn, claiming over ten days of solid gaming use. You can toggle to a lower performance setting when not playing games for a maximum sixty days non gaming use and I have used this option to switch between work and action based games. As yet I haven’t used it long enough to get down to even half power and therefore looked at some of the professional benchmark tests, which seem to bear out that this model offers huge usage between pit stops – enough that the cost of batteries is less material. There is an on/off switch to conserve power.

The overall appearance has a slightly sharpened, shark like appearance at the front. This gives it sports car lines without looking as if someone is merely adding go faster stripes. As a result, it doesn’t look out of place at a working desk and yet offers a hint of wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Excellent for the serious gamer but it also offers something for the occasional gamer like me who unfortunately has to use a mouse for work most of the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, reliable accurate gaming mouse, 27 Dec 2013
Clever Spud (Birmingham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I say "gaming mouse" but there's something to be said for having a comfortable, macro-capable mouse for more mundane desktop tasks.

As is usual with Logitech these days there's no software included, although Windows 7 64 bit picked up the dongle/mouse as soon as it was plugged in and the software that allows you to configure the buttons can be found on the Logitech website - however I already had this installed but installation should be seamless.

For general use the mouse is a joy, feeling very comfortable under the hand. It's a slightly unconventional design but it seems to work. The thumb buttons, however, take some getting used to. I could just about comfortably use about two thirds of them but the rest required a little too much footling about, meaning I had to change my grip, which in the middle of a game of Starcraft 2 is not recommended.

Previously I'd tried wireless mice and found them to be a little laggy. It has been a couple of years since I gamed with a wireless mouse so I don't know if the technology in general has moved on or if Logitech have just nailed it but I just couldn't "feel" any difference between the Logitech wireless performance vs wired performance.

Solid gaming mouse without the garish styling you see in some of the competition. The Logitech software is solid and once you start using it you won't want to go back to a life without macros. Only the fiddly thumb buttons let it down, although I can understand there's only so much room for buttons.

4.5 out of 5.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after two months., 21 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Mouse for all Genres, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I'm a PC gamer who enjoys a variety of different genres, from FPS, to RTS, to MMO games. After previously owning a Razer Naga Molten Edition mouse which featured 12 side buttons, I had become so used to using these side buttons as in-game macros that it was vital I could do the same thing with the next mouse I buy. This is the reason I went with the Logitech G602, as it features enough side buttons to satisfy MMO and RTS games, alongside a comfortable design for FPS games.

Build Quality:
The G602 definitely feels like a solid mouse. The external casing implements four different materials; a textured 'sandpaper' feel to the area where your thumb goes, a rubberised soft layer where your palm sits, a matte plastic for the two main buttons and finally a plastic silver trim to give the mouse a sleek look. What I like about Logitech mice is that they don't go for the stupid gaming designs with pretty lights and funky designs, they make their mice from high quality materials with a professional look and feel. The buttons themselves feel rigid and have a nice click to them, and the mouse is the perfect design for avoiding finger prints due to minimal gloss. I definitely feel that the G602 could take some beating, and if you ever dropped it, it would very much stay in-tact.

Comfort and Responsiveness:
Compared to my old Razer Naga this mouse feels a lot more ergonomic and feels particularly nicer when I'm just casually using my PC and not gaming. The mouse itself is fairly large and the side thumb rest ensures my fingers aren't dragging across the mouse mat, something which happened with my Razer Naga. Personally I have long fingers and my thumb is perfectly capable of reaching the macro buttons all over the mouse. However, sometimes I find my hand resting quite far towards the back of the mouse and I accidentally click the middle side button instead of the ones nearer the front. This is just something I will need to get used to though as it is a brand new mouse. As mentioned before, all the buttons feel good and responsive, and you won't accidentally be hitting the side buttons with your thumb whilst gaming. The one part of the mouse I really do dislike however is the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel feels very stiff and requires a lot of finger movement if you're trying to scroll quickly. In addition, the scroll wheel material has a really slippery rubberised surface which my finger constantly loses grip of. Unfortunately this mouse doesn't support settings for changing the scroll wheel sensitivity.
In terms of responsiveness and latency, there are no issues whatsoever. My main concern with switching to wireless was the possibility of lag, but there really is no difference between this and a wired mouse. I'm not even using the USB extension cable which comes with it, and it still feels great. The difference between performance mode and endurance mode is very subtle, with endurance mode running at 125Hz compared to performance mode at 500Hz. I myself can notice the difference in games, so switching between the two modes is something you'll have to get used to. One amazing thing to mention about this mouse is the battery life, which I'm sure you've already seen in the description for the G602. Batteries last for months, it really is amazing for a wireless mouse.

Problems with the Mouse:
The first problem I came across with this mouse was the driver software, and you'll be amazed at the solution to this problem. If you're running Windows 8/8.1, you'll likely find that the driver installation software freezes at about 60% and the only thing you can do is turn off your PC to get rid of it. I looked online for a solution and it turns out... you have to unplug your optical drive inside your PC in order for the installation to work. Don't even ask me why, I have no idea, but it seems to work for the hundreds of other people who had the same problem, including myself. This to me is a very serious issue with Logitech's software, as not everyone has the experience/knowledge to open up their PC and fiddle with cables, especially if you own a laptop. I even tested out a friend's Logitech G400 mouse a few months ago on my PC and the same driver issue occurred back then, Logitech have yet to fix this after months of it being a major problem. Once the software was installed though I was able to setup my macros and DPI without any problems.
The next issue is the weight of the mouse. Even with just one battery inserted in the mouse it still feels quite heavy. I play at a low DPI sensitivity and so if I'm turning fast in-game, I have to lift my mouse up and down off the mouse mat in order to do so. I find that the mouse slips slightly from my grip every time I lift it, which is an annoying problem in fast paced FPS games. Due to the batteries being at the back of the mouse, it also means the back of the mouse is where you lose grip first when you pick it up because it's heavier in that area. The weight isn't a major issue and I can still play games perfectly fine, but I just wish it was a bit lighter.

Overall the mouse is great and I'd definitely recommend trying it out. If you're like me and play a mixture of game genres this will suit you well, and the wireless feature makes it a lot less messy on your desk. Amazon only lets me choose 4/5 as the rating, but I would have it set to 4.5/5 instead. If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Controlable and very sensitive, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
It is such amazing mouse that support all my needs and also have the function that optimal the entire using experiences~Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it now and it's great!!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Probably the most ergonomic mouse I have ever felt. No craps after hours of use and when you take your hand off it after playing on Battle field or whatever you don't feel like you are/should be still holding a mouse which is great :)

Lot's of buttons which I have yet to explore fully and it slides so smoothly over my Razer mouse mat, it just feels great :)

I was a little cautious looking at the dpi levels of this mouse but then realised that 2500 dpi what more than I needed for gaming, maybe a pro gamer would notice the difference between 2500 dpi and 5600 dpi but I start to think it's more of a placebo, knowing that it's not running super quick. I have it set on 1500 dpi for FPS games and it is amazing, I also really love the addition of the dpi up and down buttons fitted just to the side of the left mouse click button, really useful when you go from maniac MG to subtle Sniper :)

Great mouse, would highly recommend :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for optical!, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
It's so great to see Logitech employing an optical sensor in one of their higher end mice. It's about time people finally realise lasers are not the answer for gaming - they all have the inherent problem of hardware side acceleration of anywhere from 2-10%, something gamers do not want! Optical mice track 1:1 - perfect.

The goods:

- Optical! - The superior sensor with no built in acceleration compared to laser mice. It's not the most recent optical sensor but I cant detect any jitter or tracking issues in paint. Would have been nice to see them employ the new ADNS-3310 though.

- Shape is great, very similar to the G700/S but with a better 'ledge' for your ring/pinkie to sit on making it easier to pick up. The extended thumb rest allows the thumb to sit relaxed and comfortable.

- Build quality is outstanding. It really is the best build Logitech mice I've had the pleasure of using - on my desk sat next to it I have the G500S, G700 and G700S and this knocks them all out of the park. The sandpaper like grip on the previous mice has been refined and is now much smoother and nice to the touch while offering good grip. The top of the mouse really stands out though! The buttons employ a soft matte paint somewhat akin to the Roccat mice - great to touch and after a days use there are no sweaty fingerprint marks at all. The rear 'patterned' area is rubbery and very comfortable/grippy and gives a unique design.

There are no rattles like you experience on the G700. ALL the buttons are much more clicky and defined compared to the 700's mushy feeling side buttons.

- Claimed battery life is big and I'm looking forward to seeing how far it'll stretch. After a day its nice to see it at full still whereas I'd now be thinking of charging my 700!

The OK's:

- It weighs a fair bit, like the G700. However it isn't so rear heavy so its easier to lift. It can also be run on one battery (I'm doing this) to reduce weight by around 20g. It feels perfect to me with one.

The bads:

- Mouse wheel feels somewhat mushy to scroll. Its much less defined and it's easy to scroll too far without feeling it. I'm not a fan of Logitech's rattly hyperscroll wheel though and I'm glad they didn't use it.

- 500hz max polling rate. This is gonna put a lot of people off. Why? I dont know. I can't notice any difference between 500hz and 1000hz. Unless your monitor refresh rate is 1ms you aren't going to care.

Overrall I'm going to keep this mouse. It feels of higher quality than my G700S due to it being a totally newly designed product opposed to a sensor upgrade. The comfort is top notch and its simply really, really nice to use!

Would heartily reccomend this mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far... utterly brilliant., 22 Mar 2014
Scampo "Steve C" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I write this review not as a "gamer" but as someone who uses a computer on a daily basis as a teacher and writer. I am so far finding the Logitech G602 to be "mouse heaven" in comparison to all other wireless mice I have used. You may not suffer the problems I have been suffering over the years, but there's plenty of evidence on the Internet that I am not alone. The problems are what I call mouse "stutter" or "jitter" – that annoying occurrence when you move the mouse but the cursor on the screen doesn't follow your movement. I came to believe I was stuck with this as an intermittent and unsolvable problem of wireless mice (and keyboards...) – and since I bought into the Logitech "Unifying" wireless system it seems to have become worse to the point that I often resorted to rebooting the computer or, of late, plugging in a wired mouse and temporarily giving up on the wireless option.

Well, enter the G602. I bought this on a whim as I noticed that it didn't use the same "unifying" receiver of my other Logitech wireless kit; instead, it used a specific USB receiver that operated on a different frequency. I had no idea what this really meant only that many of the comments on the Internet suggest that wireless frequencies in a household might be to blame for the intermittent stutter found in wireless mouse movements. These conflicting wireless signals come from such as the Wi-Fi router, from mobile and portable home phones and so on, even from a neighbour's use of wireless equipment. Whatever the cause, I had never been able to solve the problem for long. Changing the Wi-Fi router's operating channel to a different number or rebooting the PC seemed to work – but only for a time. The stuttering problem always returned. Well – so far, after a week or more now and on two different PCs, the G602 has proved faultless (I have my fingers crossed and hope I'm not reviewing this too soon), so much so, that I bought a second for my other PC (and no I’m not wealthy, and yes the mice are not cheap. Such is my delight in them). As things stand however, these mice are proving to be bolt-stable and an absolute delight to use. The cursor on the screen and the mouse in the hand seem almost to be eerily "connected". Even with my Logitech gaming wired mouse I don't have this same “connected” feeling between mouse and cursor.

This is mouse heaven – that sounds silly to say, but I am thrilled with this new product from Logitech because life had become so frustrating beforehand. The Logitech keyboards I use are both "Unifying" however (they are the Solar K750). To type on these for me, with my large fingers, is superb. I have tried so many keyboards, even expensive “mechanical” ones, and none come close for accuracy and comfort to the K750. However – the Logitech keyboards do, as did the mice, suffer occasional "delays" when a key is hit and no character appears immediately on the screen. This isn’t quite as frustrating as it is with mouse delay and, since using the G602 mouse, for some reason, it has been much less of a problem.

I strongly suspect that the "Unifying" idea of Logitech is not perfect. It is convenient to have a single receiver to use between different input devices, but the fact that they have moved away from this type of receiver with the new G602 suggest to me that Logitech knows it has its weaknesses in some domestic situations. They won't admit it – but the evidence of my switch to the G602 suggests otherwise. More than that though, this is a superb mouse for other reasons – I cannot recommend it too highly. It has a three year warranty, too, and my experience of Logitech's customer service over many years of using their products is that it is second to none.

I also used to use the Logitech MX Performance mouse on one of my PCs. What a frustrating mouse that has been for me because the rechargeable batteries last just two days and I found myself forever recharging them or using the mouse with the USB cable connected to it. Put next to that mouse, the new G602 wipes the floor with it. Its batteries last for weeks and weeks, it is vastly more accurate and in every way feels to be a far better made product.

I suspect this new G602 will prove to be Logitech's flagship mouse. It deserves to be. It does, though, show up the weaknesses in their other mice - and not just the cheap ones.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›