Size: USB HUB|Colour Name: 3*USB3.0 + 1*Gigabit Ethernet LAN|Change

on 3 March 2014
Video review and demo of Inateck USB3.0 Hub. Adi shows you the device in action and talks you through the benefits.
44 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2013
I got the Inateck HBU3VL3-4 to add 3 extra USB 3.0 ports to my desktop PC, which currently has 2 x USB 3.0 ports, thanks to Inateck's brilliant PCI-E to USB 3.0 card (see my review here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1PUL93NHZT6MA/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm).

***** In The Box *****

Upon opening the box, i found:
1 x USB 3.0 Hub with Ethernet port
1 x Driver CD
1 x User Manual

***** Installation *****

This product doesn't really need much installing, but connection to my Windows 7 x64 computer was extremely simple - it was just a matter of plugging the hub into a USB 3.0 port on my PC and waiting a few seconds while windows installed the driver for the Ethernet port for me (I didn't even need the supplied driver CD).

Note!
You can also plug the hub into a USB 2.0 port, but you will not benefit from the increased speed and power that USB 3.0 brings.

***** Testing *****

I plugged my Buffalo USB 3.0 MiniStation Slim HDD, into one of the ports on the hub and then ran a CrystalDisk Mark test on the hard disk to test the read and write speeds of the drive. The Sequential Read speed was 112.5 MB/s while the Sequential Write speed was 112.8 (see product images for more detail), pretty much identical speeds as when connecting the HDD straight to the Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 card.

Although i haven't ran any sort of data throughput tests on the hub's included Gigabit ethernet port, i can confirm that windows shows that the ethernet port connected at 1.0 Gbps and web browsing and streaming video was as smooth as my usual 1.0 Gbps ethernet connection.

***** Conclusion *****

The Inateck USB 3.0 hub and Ethernet port, is a great little device - allowing you to easily expand the number of USB 3.0 ports available on your laptop or PC, while at the same time you get the added bonus of an extra Ethernet port.

Although the casing is made of plastic, the hub feels nice and solid and of very good quality.

The only thing that would have been nice to have, but isn't included on the Inateck HBU3VL3-4 hub, would be a power indicator LED for the USB ports and send/receive indicator LED's for the Ethernet port, but this would definitely not stop me from recommending the product in the future.
review image review image
on 20 June 2014
Great usb hub. Like the on and off switch. Like the design, style and weight. Great for using to watch films via TV, as when I just stuck my stick directly into the TV it failed after around an hour, due to the heat from the TV, this way the heat is dispersed along the length of the cable and it no longer fails. Great hub and great price would recommend.
on 12 July 2014
Bought this as i have a 27" iMac and started to run out of USB ports and also the fact of having to reach round the back to access the ports can be a pain at times.

Decided on this and I'm not disappointed.

It looks great and works with no issues, and does what its suppose to do.

My only minor gripe is that its a little light and i would of preferred it to be a little more weighty, so that when connecting and disconnecting devices it wouldn't be moving around everywhere.

I have solved this by using some velcro and secured it to my iMac stand.
on 31 March 2014
There seemed to be a few negative comments of this product but at the moment I'm beginning to think those people where just unlucky, didn't give it a chance or have a more specialised requirement.

For what I need it for it works great. I just need it to be able to charge my Samsung mobile phone and (which works by plugging into one of the two red charging sockets) and also to be able to access my USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 memory sticks which it does.

As an added bonus it does work with my Logitech M570 wireless trackball. I have the wireless transmitter plugged into one of the hubs blue usb 3.0 ports. Now for this to work on my Windows 7 PC I did have to reboot the PC after plugging in for it to work.
Also if your PC does not recognise the transmitter in the hub on first go then try plugging it directly in your pc first to get the driver installed and then plug it into the hub after a reboot.

I've not tested this hub on Windows 8 yet but can't see it giving me any problems.

With regards to it being too light - I use blue tack. This is not a failing of the hub as all the hubs I've ever purchased I've had to blue tack down.

Finally for people who say it gets hot when used the hub and transformer for me are both stone cold even for long periods. Note: I've not tried adding in hdd's though.

A well priced great product that works well for me.
on 4 November 2013
This review is for the version with 6 ports + 2 charging ports.

I bought this for the multitude of ports plus the ability to charge a smartphone and Kindle simultaneously, removing the need for multiple chargers.

It fulfils the need perfectly. It is sturdy and well-built, though quite light. It does tend to slide around quite easily, the feet could have been made with a bit more friction.

It is backwards compatible with USB2 and USB 1.1 so any USB device can be plugged in. There are reports that USB2 devices are slightly faster in a USB3 port, so your old devices could see an improvement in speed if the hub is connected to a computer USB3 port. However, in theory a USB3 HDD attached to the hub with USB2 devices as well could have a lower transfer speed as the hub adapts to the USB2 protocol.
on 16 June 2014
I bought this powered hub after returning a cheaper D-link USB 2.0 to amazon (it created all sorts of problem and repeatedly crashed my Mac).

This Inateck hub works fine, it is fairly cheap for a 3.0 one, does not create any problem so far to my 2014 iMac runningOS x 10.9.3.

Support at Inateck were helpful and told me that they thought i should have no problems with a new Mac, but that in any case, I could always return it to Amazon in case I had a configuration that did not work with their hub.

The switch located on the box top for the power supply is a good idea, saves a few watts.

Have not tested this hub with power hungry devices or actual USB 3.0 devices yet.

***LATEST***
just found out that hubs are not like a direct connection to your PC. When trying to use a headset with a mike (for a speech recognition app), going via the USB hub created issues. That is not specific to the Inateck one, but worth knowing.
on 29 August 2015
The fast charge slot gets my Iphone 6 from Zero to 100% in 90 minutes which is slightly slower than the official plug but nothing to complain about atall.
I have a 5tb seagate and a 2tb samsung backup hardrives full of films music and my computer backup images for me and my wifes laptop and both work at usb 3.0 speeds with no problems while my wife now keeps her mobile charge cable and kindle lead plus a keyboard and camera all plugged in to stop the constant swopping of usb leads.
I also have an external keyboard and my Logitech cordless mouse uses its reciever in the hub aswell using all four of my extra slots now and nothing has had any problems.
Its nice to see little green lights on showing the usb plugged in is working and the on/off button in the middle of the top of the hub is placed in a good position for me to remember to turn it off after my laptop is also switched off and so far the power supply plug in full use does not get hot atall so if I forget to turn off the hub im sure it wont matter.
Highly recommend if your constantly swopping usb leads and would like a couple spare on your laptop/desktop like me.
One last thing is the size of the hub as its very slim and small nothing like the box I figured it would be.
on 12 January 2016
WHAT I LIKE - a fairly good USB extention lead to the hub itself (about 4ft) with a power lead of about 5ft, a reasonable spacing of the USB ports so you can get insert obscure wider usb device plugs next to each other. When you have an active usb device this is shown by a green LED ontop of the HUB infront of the device While not least a blue led on the on/off button central to the top of the hub. We must not forget the charging side port that is purely a charge port & no data throughput.
I would of given it 5 stars if the charging port could of also been a data port.

Overall it does what I need it to which is primarilly attached to the laptop for extra things without getting in the way whilst using USB devices. I did have had the USB plug into the laptop come slighly out that then dropped my hispeed network connection. But not a massive issue. I Have only tested throughput with USB2 so no comment on USB3 speeds but should be good.
on 31 January 2016
Good product, I've had this product since October 2014 and it has performed flawlessly up until a few days ago. Afer re-siting my PC and turning all back on again this item refused to work. It lit up as if all was okay, and power was available to the various devices I had plugged into it. Unfortunately, nothing was being communicated to the PC. I tried an alternative cable and ports, but to no avail.

The vendor was very helpful and, even though it is over a year old, they were very apologetic and instantly issued me with a replacement. The new one has arrived and is working perfectly. I cannot recommend their service highly enough. It's nice to see a company standing by its products and looking after their customers. I can think of quite a few company's that would do well to take a leaf out of this vendor's book.