5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding performance and value
the Inateck HBU3VL2-4 ES 4-Port USB3 hub for for a couple of months, for use on my Macbookpro 2011, usb via expresscard 34, cladigit; and macbook pro late 2013.
I have used this on mountain lion and mavericks, and my overall opinion is that indeed, this item is outstanding.

Published 10 months ago by Johnny-London

3.0 out of 5 stars Mac users beware
When I unpacked this I was pleased with the robust feel and look; it seemed to be ideal for what I wanted - extending the USB slots on a new iMac.

However, ..

I've a number of Apple devices (SuperDrive, iPadAir, iPhone, etc), and this hub won't power them all (see addendum below).

When I plugged it in and moved my keyboard (not Apple!) it...
Published 5 months ago by crliege

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding performance and value, 6 Jan 2014

Having been given the first item as a gift for review. I was so impressed, that i have two (one as a gift), with one as a travel buddy for my macbook.

PRESENTATION/ CONFIG
The hub is really very small and takes next no no space. It also has a relatively small usb connector, thus, reducing clutter on my desk. I have multiple longer extensions, but the one supplied is perfect size for my needs. The presentation is excellent, the item looks well constructed, and over the past few months of continuous use, including taking it to work daily, has remained full intact, unlike other more expensive hubs i had purchased in the past. The usb slots are snugly and well fitted, and crafted well - spaced not too far or close. The metal plate over the usb sockets manifest a sophisticated and refined product' with several of my colleagues commenting that the item appears 'expensive'.
The LAN socket is sturdy, and located on the distal end of the hub.

The item came well presented in secure packaging, with appropriate documentation. The cardboard box, housing the product is rather robust, and now used to secure my old SSD, that i carry around as a USB3 scratch / thumb drive (in addition to my micro sata-usb3 dock)

TESTING:
Test involved a standardised folder containing: ,mixture of small doc/pdfs and large movie files, some over 2gb [test was repeated 5 times, average taken]

USB2 Test; sandisk extreme pen drive = 38mb/s write; usb 2 2GB via inatack dock - 37mb write, 44mb's read.
USB 3, using same peripherals as above, have me 135m/s read; 110m/s write

I have tested this dock with a plethora of usb devices, all working well.
USB3 devices, dell ultrasharp monitor hub, sandisk extreme usb pendrive, OWC dock, segate go flex, usb3 hdd

Overall, this item is incredibly reliable, sturdy, robust and performs as well as some of the enterprise solutions out in the wild! For continuous use over the past 3 months, performance and resilience has remained unscathed, despite heavy use and many trips in my laptop bag!

Cons - honestly can not fault this item what so ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and portable, 6 Aug 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
The Inateck 3 port hub with SD card reader is a useful gadget which allows the user to increase the USB ports available, and also to have an SD card slot attached.

Loads of gadgets these days require a USB port for usage or for charging, and quite often my laptop simply doesn't have enough ports available. This hub is an excellent solution to this problem.

The item comes nicely boxed - ideal as a gift for anyone who uses computers and gadgets a lot. The hub looks sleek and smart, and as far as I can tell it is fairly robust and well made.

In use, it is a simple process to attach your gadgets to the hub through the USB ports. It works well whilst all if them are in use, and the speed at which it works is really good even when working at full capacity.

The OTG connection is really handy, as it means that the device can be attached by micro USB to tablets etc. I've found that this function isn't offered on many hubs, and it works really well on this hub.

The other great bonus of this hub is the attached SD card reader, which again, is something that I've found isn't often offered with a USB hub. I found that this reader works easily and quickly, and I encountered no problems.

Overall, this product is really well designed and well thought out. It is a really handy gadget, and it's smallish size means that it is truly portable and convenient to use.

I was sent this item to test and to honestly review.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 7 Feb 2014
After purchasing the Microsoft Surface 2 Pro which only has one USB3 port I needed a device to connect up my external hard drive, keyboard and windows 8 phone. This device works like a charm.

I also did a speed check on the hard drive and there is no difference between having it connected directly to the surface and going through this hub. Just under 100MB/s read and write speeds.

So now I plug in my monitor, this hub and the power lead and the surface is converted into a fully working and quick desktop PC.

The build quality is very good also - very happy chappy :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Has a job and does it perfectly, 14 May 2014
This review is from: [3*USB 3.0 + 1*Gigabit Ethernet Adapter] Inateck 3 Ports USB 3.0 Bus-Powered Hub with RJ45 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Converter LAN Wired Network Adapter for Laptops, Ultrabooks and Tablet PCs with USB Ports, Compatible with Windows XP/7/8, Mac OS-X, Linux (Accessory)
Length:: 2:43 Mins

This product has a very simple job and it does it incredibly well. It is well made, solid and good looking.

There really is nothing more you could ask out of a device like this, just but it if you need it really.

I also did a video review on this product.[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy to have in your bag, 30 Jun 2014
Length:: 3:26 Mins

Many of my Windows devices only come with one USB port which is a real pain when you want to plug in your phone, a hard drive and other devices. Inateck's have a nice solution for this, it's a portable USB hub is designed to give you more ports in a small package. The 4 Port USB hub is a USB 3.0 compliant hub that doesn't require any external power which is very handy on the go but it does mean you are not going to want to plug in to many power hungry devices at the same time, you will probably get away with two external hard drives. It comes with a built in MicroUSB adaptor which is very handy for devices like Toshiba's Encore 8 tablet which only has a single MicroUSB port.
I tested it with my Surface 2 and had it transferring files from a USB drive while copying files to my phone and I was still getting decent transfer speeds. The other nice feature is the USB port on the top of the hub so if you have something with a chunky connector you can still plug other devices in via the ports on the front. It is compatible with USB 2, Windows 7/8 and Mac OSX and its small enough to carry around with you in your gadget bag. The USB Hub weights 120g and very worth having in your bag.

In this video I have a quick look at the USB hub and you can find out more info at Inateck.com

4.0 out of 5 stars Unitek 8 Port USB 3 Hub, 4 Mar 2014
Worked straight out of the box , only gripe is that my PC keeps informing me that this item will work better connected to a 'super speed' USB 3 port, which I had already done, I thus downloaded the USB3 Controller, installed it and all went well, then a few days later the window opened again to issue the same advice, so I opened the cabinet file and re-installed the USB 3 controller and away it went for another few days, I suspect that this is my PC not the hub, but if anyone else has had the same issue it would be interesting (a problem shared is a problem closer to being solved).

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with WD My Cloud, 3 May 2014
Ian (Middlesbrough, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this so I could attach more than 1 external HD to my 4Tb WD My Cloud. There was some discussion on WD's board about which hubs would work. Lots of questions but not many answers.

I took the plunge and ordered yesterday. Delivered by DPD efficiently as usual (great delivery company).

Shutdown the My Cloud. Took out the Seagate HD that was attached directly to the USB3 port and plugged in the Unitek hub. Switched on the My Cloud and waited until it had booted and the dashboard showed that the Diagnostics was "OK" and that the Content Scan was "Idle".

I then plugged the Seagate back in and waited for a minute or two and then then disk was made available with all of the content accessible.

I then plugged in a Toshiba external HD into the hub and after another minute or so, that was made available too.

I was able to use Windows Explorer to copy/move files between the 2 HDs connected via the HUB at the expected transfer speed.

Great hub, the charging ports are a nice bonus (my Lumia 1520 and Tegra Note charge from them).

5.0 out of 5 stars Inateck USB 3.0 x 3 Port + 1 x Gigabit Ethernet (HBU3VL3-4), 30 Dec 2013
I got the Inateck HBU3VL3-4 to add 3 extra USB 3.0 ports to my desktop PC, which currently has 2 x USB 3.0 ports, thanks to Inateck's brilliant PCI-E to USB 3.0 card (see my review here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1PUL93NHZT6MA/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm).

***** In The Box *****

Upon opening the box, i found:
1 x USB 3.0 Hub with Ethernet port
1 x Driver CD
1 x User Manual

***** Installation *****

This product doesn't really need much installing, but connection to my Windows 7 x64 computer was extremely simple - it was just a matter of plugging the hub into a USB 3.0 port on my PC and waiting a few seconds while windows installed the driver for the Ethernet port for me (I didn't even need the supplied driver CD).

Note!
You can also plug the hub into a USB 2.0 port, but you will not benefit from the increased speed and power that USB 3.0 brings.

***** Testing *****

I plugged my Buffalo USB 3.0 MiniStation Slim HDD, into one of the ports on the hub and then ran a CrystalDisk Mark test on the hard disk to test the read and write speeds of the drive. The Sequential Read speed was 112.5 MB/s while the Sequential Write speed was 112.8 (see product images for more detail), pretty much identical speeds as when connecting the HDD straight to the Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 card.

Although i haven't ran any sort of data throughput tests on the hub's included Gigabit ethernet port, i can confirm that windows shows that the ethernet port connected at 1.0 Gbps and web browsing and streaming video was as smooth as my usual 1.0 Gbps ethernet connection.

***** Conclusion *****

The Inateck USB 3.0 hub and Ethernet port, is a great little device - allowing you to easily expand the number of USB 3.0 ports available on your laptop or PC, while at the same time you get the added bonus of an extra Ethernet port.

Although the casing is made of plastic, the hub feels nice and solid and of very good quality.

The only thing that would have been nice to have, but isn't included on the Inateck HBU3VL3-4 hub, would be a power indicator LED for the USB ports and send/receive indicator LED's for the Ethernet port, but this would definitely not stop me from recommending the product in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars a really useful device that will be used daily and also on my holidays., 7 Jan 2014
Rob S "Rob S" (Conwy, North Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I wanted one of these not for anything fancy but to help sort out the amount of gadgets that now clutter my desk all requiring a USB connection.

I have so many things that need connecting via USB that I simply do not have enough on my Imac, plus the USB connections are on the rear of the Imac which has always been a pain.

The product looks and feels very nice, well made not something that's going to fall apart.

By connecting the Inateck USB 3.0 4-Port Hub in to the rear of my Imac it now means I have four USB's sat on my desk, I connected my Ipod, my WD My Cloud, my Pentax Q10 camera and my HTC phone and all work a treat, didn't need to do anything. The Imac found them as normal, the camera even auto switched to iphoto which I wasn't expecting.

Another obvious useful thing is using it while I am on my holidays, I have a netbook which has one USB port, charging anything via this has been pretty useless, I want to charge my Ipod, so does my wife and son, with the Inateck the problem is solved, we can connected everything and everyone will be happy and I don't have to pack the chargers which are always a pain.

Very pleased with the Inateck, a really useful device that will be used daily and also on my holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars All aboard the bus..., 22 Jan 2014
I must admit USB-3 sneaked up on me a bit and I suddenly realised I'd got more USB-3 devices, especially hard drives, than I had free ports and needed a solution. Mixing USB-2 and USB-3 devices on a single port is rarely a good idea because most computers will then fallback to the lowest common denominator and then all your faster USB-3 devices are needlessly slowed down to USB-2 speeds. This inateck 4-port hub is solidly made with a hefty (but short) run of cable and four USB-3 ports, three on top and one at the end. There's a handy optional adaptor attached to the cable which downsizes the USB connector to a USB-micro (B) one, for use with ultrabooks or tablets that support it, but you could cut this adaptor off and store it separately if it's in the way or not needed. There's a nice brushed metal plate inset into the top which hopefully will show fewer scratches than shiny plastic might. It does seem slightly chunkier than it needs to be, but not so much that it makes it difficult to carry around if you need to. It draws all its power from the USB connection so there's no mains adaptor, but on some computers (especially laptops) you might find connecting too many high-drain devices causes problems. As far as speeds go I found nothing to complain about - even with a couple of hard-drives attached and both reading/write data simultaneously I saw barely any slowdown of throughput - your milage may vary as this again might be more down to the host computer. In fact I can't really find anything to complain about at all, it just works and solves the problem it's meant for without any fuss or the need to install anything extra - it even comes nicely boxed, if that matters to you. (Disclosure: device was received for review)