on 11 February 2014
I think this company must be sending out returns at the moment. I retuned the first speaker, and reordered another one.
The first speaker didn't pair, Bluetooth could not be seen by my iPhone, the speaker had no plastic to peel off, even though the instructions stated this and it charged within a few minutes instead of the hours required, this was obviously used and faulty.
The next one arrived, again no plastic and fully charged, the foam base was marked, again this was obviously used. I am pretty pissed off that they are selling “returned” units as new. Fortunately this one worked and I couldn’t be bothered to return it.
As for the unit, it’s not bad, reasonable volume and clarity when playing music or internet radio from an iPhone / iPad. Not much good for Skype though (the main reason I purchased this)
My wife has a problem hearing direct from the iPad so I thought this would be the ideal solution. Unfortunately it cuts out when someone is speaking at either end, you cannot talk naturally and have to leave a second or 2 gap when you finish speaking. Also, when you increase the volume, make sure you hold the + button and not press it, this will start your iTunes library playing at both ends of the conversation. I will leave the same review for both orders so potential purchasers can get the complete story.
on 7 April 2014
Waited for three weeks for friends to bring this to me in Turkey, when it arrived it would not charge up. Worse still by looking at the packaging I think this item had already been returned to F & W on a previous occasion. The first one I purchased just stopped working after two months, but while it worked it was good. Going to try F&W one more time. Will keep you informed of the outcome
on 1 February 2014
This item was a gift for my son. It is easy to use, portable and light weight. The sound quality is excellent and connectivity good.
on 12 February 2014
Top quality product and great sound. Very impressed. Much better than I expected. Very simple to used. Buying another one!
on 2 February 2014
not as lound as expected but pleased with design.the price was not too bad I would recommend it for a small room/area.
on 7 May 2014
the sound on this was brill but the buttons on top didnt work at all and no exchange offered just my money back
on 8 March 2014
I rarely write reviews but on this I must. Well, the Brick. Its a very well priced, compact stereo speaker unit with bluetooth connectivity. Sound quality is more than good (its even good on bass notes) and if you just want something loud, you'll love this. I use it when working on the car, or listening to in the shower (not literally). Just set up your phone or tablet, it'll hook up in seconds and away you go. Its talks to you to let you know the connecttion is made etc. And for £15 quid you get a handsfree phone function too! It even tells you the incoming tel number. For £15! Awesome!
on 3 April 2014
Amazing product and sound. With its tiny size is simply brilliant. The only problem I had was I lost the bluetooth code and asked the company for help and they have just ignored me .. if they had helped it would of been 5 stars
on 7 March 2014
ok its no BOSE system but for £15 you can't go wrong, the volume is very substantial, bluetooth pairing simple and easy (some of the images indicate NFC....this does NOT have NFC...nor does it need it).

sound quality is actually pretty good, as others have said its a little low on bass...but for the size the clarity and volume compensate for this nicely although the stereo effect is lost as the twin speakers are too close together.

controls on top work well but be careful when you pick the item up...its very easy to skip a track by catching the volume buttons.

the only issue i have had so far, and it is a minor one, is that i tried to watch netflix and use the speaker for sound, please understand this is not something i would usually do i just wanted to test the audio, and there was too much lag to make it watchable, i.e. you could watch peopl say two or three words before you could hear them. it may be my phone (Samsung Note 2) or the speaker not really sure, but i did not experience any lag with my bluetooth headphones.

obviously for listening to music it is perfectly fine, i am listening to internet radio on tuneIn pro as we speak (thanks amazon for that FAOTD!!)

it also works reasonable well as a hands free unit, however call quality was slightly fuzzy at both ends compared to the built in handsfree of my phone.

all in all its a great little unit battery seems to last for hours on end although it does take quite a while to charge

buy with confidence!!
on 10 April 2014
The quality of this BRICK is amazing! It has almost a rubber feel with a shiny top (not so different to the original PS3 power/eject disk part) The buttons on top are just the right amount of sensitive for a portable speaker and very useful! not only can you control the volume but also skip tracks forward and back (on my ipad mini) Which makes it perfect for the garden/out and about, as you do not need to get out your device to skip tracks!

The Bluetooth capability is seemless... just search for devices and it comes up and connects fast and easy. If I had one gripe, it is that the voice telling you that Bluetooth is ready/connected should just be beeps or something to that effect... but then again that could be very helpful to people with little experience with this kind of thing.

The Other amazing thing to this Speaker is the Speakers themselves! Im not entirely sure what speakers are inside, but Im fairly sure it has two stereo speakers & a miniaturized sub, Which handles everything ive thrown at it.. and very well! The volume can go to an awesome level without any break down in audio!

Hands down the best portable speaker I have ever seen, and for the price... you would be a fool to buy anything else! :D