5.0 out of 5 stars Dries hair without damage.
Published 10 months ago by J Cattermole

3.0 out of 5 stars Satin hair...Sore Arm
This hair dryer looks fantastic. It's extremely sleek and expensive looking. As someone who colours their hair regularly I was keen to see if it really would be good for my hair.

Published 9 months ago by Vicki @ Cosy Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Dries hair without damage., 30 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is exactly the drier I have been looking for. I've previously used driers with the same varied heat settings - allowing you to use 'warm' rather than your standard 'hot' drying which in itself is good - I'm very careful having coloured hair that I use heat sprays and also that I use the 'warm' setting which takes longer but doesn't frazzle your hair like the regular heat setting and also if you wash your hair daily like me this can lead to dryness...

This dryer is different. As it is specially designed for coloured hair it uses a new technology apparently which helps keep the moisture in with a special attachment that allows both cool and hot air to circulate allowing your hair to cool down quicker avoiding dryness and preserving your colour better. My colour is just the same but I have noticed my hair is smoother after drying. I usually have quite static and flyaway hair after blow drying but it is looking more sleek and shiny.

This too has varied heat settings - I always use 'warm' to again avoid damage and dryness. I would say this dryer is not just for coloured hair but really for anyone that does a lot of heat styling and is prone to dryness - if you use straighteners daily this is perfect for you.

Weight wise - it is a sturdy dryer and maybe heavier than your standard dryer but not majorly - it feels like it is built to last and does a great job.

Highly recommended, keeps your hair soft, silky and frizz free, a perfect hairdryer for anyone - not just colour users but those with problems with dry hair from styling.

4.0 out of 5 stars So nearly there!, 2 Nov 2013
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As we see it, these are the pros and cons of the Braun Satin 7 Colour Hairdrier.

Pros

- Looks very well made and rather stylish finished in black, silver and plum.
- Feels powerful - although ours had a rating of 2000W though not 2200W as stated above.
- Comfortable to hold although see "cons" below.
- Three useful attachments are supplied - a nozzle, colour nozzle (which mixes hot/ambient air) and a large diffuser.
- Dries hair efficiently and the Colour and Iontec features seem to be genuinely beneficial - coloured hair really does feels less dry and " frizzy" after use.
- Logical, easy to use controls including a "cold shot" button and a good adjustable combination of fan speed and temperature.
- A large, easily removable and cleanable filter mesh - also, if you have long hair this mesh prevents your hair from being sucked into the intake.
- Has a fitted storage hook and reasonable cord length at around 2 metres.
- Has small rubber bumpers to prevent it slipping/marking when put down on dressing table etc.
- Not too noisy in use.

Cons

- We agree with other reviewers that it is rather heavy and also a bit large.
- Attachments are a tight fit and initially rather stiff to fit but may loosen up with use.
- Relatively expensive (although since originally writing this review the price has fallen a bit).

Overall, an effective and high quality hairdrier but the issues of weight and bulk need to be addressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gimmick that works..., 4 Nov 2013
AyJay (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This dryer has 3 different settings on it, as well as a cold-shot button. Most dryers I've owned have two heat settings; luke warm & too hot (which you can never use for the smell of burning plastic), so it delighted me to have a third, inbetween heat option. The cord is a good length, so I'm not strangling myself when I dry thee back of my hair. Finally; the dryer comes with a deducible concentrating nozzle to use for styling. And, although it has nothing to do with the product's function, I love the sleek design of the dryer.

I have coarse, frizz prone hair that I've been dying for over half of my life. I rarely bothered to use any heated appliances on my hair as it would feel straw-like afterwards and the finished results didn't last for long anyway, but Braun has now fully converted me. It all sounded like a meaningless gimmick - a hair dryer for coloured hair?! But I've been using this dryer every morning since getting it, and yes, I can see a real difference in my hair's condition already. The smoother result from using the nozzle seem to last longer then before, my hair colour is still shiny and my hair feels less dry after use - and I keep forgetting to buy more heat protecting spray for my hair, so it has really been put to the test.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Hairdryer, 30 Oct 2013
Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am so pleased with this hairdryer.
I have had numerous problems in the past using hairdryers, because I have coloured hair.
I find most hairdryers are far to hot or when on the " safe " settings are too cold.
This Braun hair dryer is really good. It dries my hair at a good temperature and leaves it feeling really smooth. It is very powerful whilst not too noisy
With a fine sculptured handle it performs brilliantly.
I love it, it's also really good for giving volume to fine hair.
My one small problem is that I found it a little heavier and clumsier than other hairdryers but I think that the more I use it the more accustomed I will become to it.
Full marks to Braun and at the moment the price is really good value for money.
I would thoroughly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good hair dryer but too heavy!, 2 Nov 2013
K. Wright - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Braun hair dryer is a great looking model, if slightly heavier than my previous BaByliss Elegance dryer. On its own this wouldn't really be a problem, however the Colour Saver technology means that it takes much longer to dry your hair, making it heavy to hold comfortably. As far as I can make out the Colour Saver button can be switched on to help retain moisture in your hair, however the button achieves this purely though offering a lower temperature setting. It seems a bit of a gimmick as a selling point as most dryers come with a range of heat and speed settings. The colour saver nozzle also adds to the length of time needed to dry your hair as it mixes in cool air with the hair dryer air. Nevertheless, it does provide good results, with my hair looking smooth, shiny and static-free thanks to the Iontec Technology.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hair dryer, 31 Oct 2013
M. D. "Milena" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have long coloured hair that is thin and often ends up frizzy at the ends. I have used a number of hair dryers over the years and can honestly say, Braun Satin Hair 7 is an impressive product.

What I most like about it, is the even flow of hot air it produces and the well designed temperature settings. With other hair dryers I often find that I either get too hot or too cold air blowing, whereas with this product, the different settings produce hot air at much more suitable temperatures, resulting in quicker drying action.

The ionic technology means my hair is much smoother and shinier once dried. I have noticed that it feels softer and healthier overall. Of course only time will tell if the colour saver technology means my hair can last longer between colourings.

The hair dryer is beautifully designed, with easy to operate buttons and comes with 3 attachments. It feels weighty, but not cumbersome.

I have deducted a star due to the fact the cable is only 1m long, which most people will find a bit impractical.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!, 27 Oct 2013
Tinksjane "tink" (Cambridgeshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There seems to be a lot for this product to live up to according to its box..... After one use I am a fan!!! I have highlighted hair and it always goes frizzy when drying.....no frizz when I used this dryer!!!! It's a nice weight, looks good and has 3 very nice attachments...it dried my hair quickly without frizz and you can even out the temperature so as not to overheat, just as box advertises, it really worked for me!!! I think it's excellent and would give 5 stars but I was disappointed that there was not a longer flex cord on it....this was my only gripe as needed extension lead to plug it in to sit at mirror .... But this may not factor in for many folks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never thought I would be so enthused by a hair dryer!, 5 Dec 2013
Melanie Pratt (Wales, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have long, straight hair, thick overall but with fine individual hairs which make it very prone to static issues and also make it tangle extremely easily, which generally has meant that hair dryers are pretty much a no-no other than in emergency situations. Thus my expectations of the Braun Satin Hair 7 HD 770 Colour Dryer were honestly not high, but it looked pretty and the advent of cold weather made me want to not walk round with wet hair for hours, so I thought I'd try it.

I am shocked and delighted to report that it is absolutely fantastic and doesn't tangle my hair, make it cling to every passing object for hours afterwards (always embarrassing), nor does it even take long to dry my hair - on the highest setting I can be dry in four minutes, whereas my previous (fairly high-end) Revlon dryer took at least ten. It even has a mesh across the vents at the back so I don't have to be careful about it sucking my hair in with the resultant awful burnt hair smell. My hair is not artificially coloured but I assume that the features built into this dryer to make it gentler on colour-damaged hair must almost mean that it is gentler on delicate hair such as mine.

The dryer comes with three different nozzle attachments, a normal directing nozzle, a flower-shaped gentle one (which is extremely effective, this is the one I'm using), and a diffuser. While the diffuser is of no use for my poker-straight hair, I did successfully use it on my poodle cross puppy - she's terrified of hair dryers but the diffuser attachment made it gentle enough for her to tolerate it, plus made her beautifully curly!

Genuinely a cut (erm, blow?) above other hair dryers, can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides the features of a much higher priced dryer, 21 Nov 2013
L. Day "Bookworm" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this because I have the Alter Ego Professional which costs more than double the price of this one and has all the same features and my little niece is always pleading to be allowed to use my hairdryer because it 'doesn't frizz her hair'. I was looking for something a little more budget friendly that I could give her.

I am very, very impressed with this unit. It does everything the Alter Ego does and the temperature control is actually better as is the selection of nozzles that come as standard! My only gripe is the power cord really is too short (unless your dressing table is right by a plug socket and you sit very close)- another metre would have made all the difference and saved the need for extension cords.

Other reviewers have covered the features but if you've been coveting one of the 100+ models - I think you'd be amazed by the performance of this one. I have bought two more as xmas presents.

3.0 out of 5 stars Satin hair...Sore Arm, 21 Nov 2013
Vicki @ Cosy Books - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I've used it before and after colouring. When first using the dyer I found it very heavy and a bit awkward to hold for that reason. It did leave my hair appearing smoother using the tapered nossle, but not particularly voluminous. It has a good range of heat settings, but I found them to be positioned in a way that meant I kept knocking them onto a cold setting. I did like the anti dry out button, which provides a blast of moisture without being wet. I have no idea how this works, but it did seem to.

After colouring I was hoping the hair dryer really would help prolong my colour, but in all honesty I didn't notice any difference from my old, basic hair dryer at all.

it comes with three attachments: The tapered end to direct airflow...which I mainly use having straight hair and works well providing a sleek finish. There's also a diffuser attachment which I don't use so can't comment on. Finally there's the cooler saver nossle. I didn't like this as I felt it blew my hair all over and made it frizzy, so once I'd concluded it doesn't help my colour anyway i stopped using it.

The final feature I use is the cold shot button which is really good for finishing and setting your style and not something I've come across previously. the cord is really generous too, meaning i don't have to struggle with 'just' reaching the mirror any-more as previously.

Overall, I like the dryer, but don't think it works more or less better than others for prolonging colour. I do however like the other features and so am happy to continue using it. It looks as though it's built to last and seems very robust. the only other aspect I'd warn you about is the weight, I know my mother would struggle having weakness in her wrists. It's a downside to most proffesional dryers and this one is no different.

Braun Satin Hair 7 HD770 Colour Dryer