TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 December 2014
This is a true convection / grill / microwave which makes it larger than some other models, especially the extra 10 cm or so at the back (but much smaller overall than our old one) but it has a 30L capacity which is again large by comparison with many. Our last microwave / combination oven lasted over 20 years and we wanted a true oven replacement, not one that uses the grill element for `convection' cooking.

Positives: True convection / grill / microwave and combination oven, very fast convection preheat, large capacity, easy to use.
Negatives: Short mains lead, lightweight grill rack, finish will show fingermarks.

UPDATE: Jan 2016. After over a year of almost daily use, still working perfectly. In microwave mode, the interior of this oven does get much more condensation than our old one but that's easy enough to wipe out (as the instructions recommend).

The quite heavy glass turntable is 31.5 cm or 12.5" diameter and almost fills the square compartment. The turntable always turns, even in convection mode so you can't use large, square metal tins that overhang the turntable even for pure convection or grill cooking. The grill rack felt lightweight compared with our old oven's rack but we've still got that rack so will probably use it!

So far we've found it to be very efficient in all three cooking modes and for combination cooking using microwave + convection. I think the controls are easy to use, two or three button presses and a couple of turns of the control knob are all it takes to choose a mode, set temperature / time and start. The display is clearly lit and easy to read with main display numbers in green, temperature scale etc. in red. There are about 10 built-in programmes for meat, vegetables, pasta etc. but we haven't tried those yet. The `defrost' programme is very simple to use; just dial in the weight of the food to defrost and it does the rest. The instruction manual is clear and in print large enough to read easily.

For microwave mode you can simply press the `quick start' button once to start a minute of full power microwave cooking, so 3 presses equals 3 minutes at full power; very useful. The full setting options let you choose power from 100% (900W) down to 10% in 10% steps and time from 5 seconds to 95 minutes.

Convection cooking (not using the grill element) allows temperatures from 240°C down to 100° in 20° steps, then 80° and 50°. Pre-heat is very fast, from cold to 220°C took 5 minutes. The fan plus turntable noise is quite audible but not what I'd call loud.

Combination cooking lets you choose from four varied microwave + convection modes and alternates the power between microwave and convection cooking at short intervals. Microwave + grill combination cooking works similarly, with two combination options or you can use the grill on its own.

One possible drawback is that the mains lead is as short as on many modern appliances, not much longer than the casing is wide, so you need to position the oven relatively near a mains socket. The brushed stainless steel finish looks very good but there will be fingermarks!

Overall, this oven so far is a very good replacement for our old faithful combination oven.
on 1 November 2014
Superb! The best instruction manual I've ever read. Easy to use and everything about it says quality. My last Russell Hobbs Microwave lasted decades (really) and I'm sure this one will too. Nice to have a spare oven for holidays, Xmas etc.Timer is easy to set and the exterior finish is faultless. I'm sure I mentioned that it shouts quality at you. A full 5 stars.
on 16 December 2014
this item does everything it says on the tin but the controls are more complicated than my old machine and it has a mirror door, which is a pain, as you cant see in. there are times when it makes a weird noise when in use but it looks smart, if you have the time to constantly remove fingerprints from the door which are highly evident. it is nice to have the convection oven saving me money, the grill takes a long time to heat up and cheese on toast takes up to twenty minutes to cook. this item is ok, no better or worse than many others ive had. i would recommend it
on 22 December 2014
i bought this as a replacement for a sharp r822stm that failed from taking it out of the box (it kept cutting out after cooking for short time), anyway i ordered the russel hobbs to replace it not really knowing what to expect from it, i was actualy quite surprised by the build quality, all in all a very good product that not only works well but is made well too, a very versatile product well worth buying.
on 13 November 2015
I have several microwave ovens and although this one is exactly as shown, it is rather complicated to use. There is nothing simple about it, you can't just press a button for say, 30 seconds, you have to programme it in so many ways. I would not buy it again nor recommend it to anyone who has not used microwave ovens before. I have been using them since the early 1960's (importing them from the USA) and this is the first one that I can't just use and have to look at the instructions book every time.
on 2 June 2014
This was a replacement combi microwave and conventional oven and is proving to be better than the Samsung I had before. I like the pre-heat oven function and it is easy to get used to the controls. The only thing I don't particularly like is the mirrored glass on the door; it smears very easily so looks grubby unless you are constantly wiping it clean.
on 26 May 2014
Only had it a few days but delighted. Takes some getting used to as completely different to past micro ovens I've had so I photocopied all the relevant cooking pages for consultation until I get used to it but am very happy with results so far.Was a bit upset when label on door wouldn't come off because of strong glue but a drop of White Spirit did the job(lighter fuel will do the same job & evaporates immediately). Cooks good & looks good.
on 22 January 2016
I have recently purchased this combination oven having had combi's in the past which were great. However, apart from the microwaving process which is fine, the combination of convection and microwave cooking is terrible. With my previous combi's this cooking process took no time at all with good results. This microwave seems to take forever to cook a simple plate of chips, I had to hear them for at least 30 minutes and the results were still not good. I was beginning to think it was faulty, but having read some of the reviews it seems that this is just how the product is. How anyone can give it a good review I am at a complete loss or maybe they have never owned a combination microwave before. Am very disappointed with it.
on 21 January 2016
First off, it looks fine, very modern and compact enough to fit in even a small kitchen. That's about all I like about it. It's got multi function buttons so that one button does more than one thing. This makes it unnecessarily complicated to learn how to use. For example, press the microwave button once and you get full power. press it twice you get 90% power and so on down to 10%. Then you can use the timer/weight button to set the time. Then press the start button. So, if you want 40%, press the microwave button seven times then set the time then press the start button! The Grill/ Microwave/convection button isn't much better, performing several different functions. There is a one minute button so one press = one minute and so on but if the food your cooking has to be done for several minutes, this isn't much good. If the kitchen light is on, it's nearly impossible to see the food inside. The microwave performs as it should but the convection oven is all but useless. I set the oven for 200 degrees C and, when it reached its heat, checked the temperature with a good oven thermometer. It was 150 degrees C ! If I had been cooking say, chicken, I'm not sure it would have been safe to eat. We've decided to keep it being that it's to much trouble sending it back and just use the microwave part. However, it's an expensive microwave! Russell Hobbs RHM3002 30L Family Size Multifunctional Stainless Steel Combination Table-Top Microwave Oven

Update. Decided to return it to Amazon. After some thought its basically a defective product that shouldn't be on the market. We will never be able to use the convection side of it. Did a further check at 240 degrees and managed to reach 180. I bought this because of the higher convection temperatures which are obviously never going to be attained.
on 14 May 2014
Just what we wanted and expected, lots of features, easy to use, my only gripe was the extreme difficulty in removing the label stuck on to the glass door, I had to use a paint scraper in the end to remove it. Why o why do so many manufacturers send out a product with difficult to remove labels ?