on 28 November 2013
This unit is superb, plus although it never appears to get a mention it is also a wifi smart tablet.
It is simple to use, touch screen is very good, free ebooks are readily available as well as library access.
has good apps,and fast internet connection.
setup is straight forward.

Normally I purchase most of my items from Amazon. Primarily because they are normally cheaper, have free delivery and a good returns system.

However in this case do your homework....this product from my local Sony centre is £149,you have to buy the charger!!!From Amazon it is £125 with no mention of a charger.

From the actual Sony site on line the item is £99,charger included, plus free delivery, plus 30 day no quibble trial and return and I quote"Free standard delivery

Price: *
£99.00 Incl. Vat

Free charger worth £29

Phone Contact Centre on 0207 365 2413 to receive offer

Buy online

Available now

Will Amazon play fair and list this information??
on 7 April 2014
I have had a Sony reader for some time and have been very pleased with it, thought I would try and update to a more modern one. Had problem trying to work out if I needed a new charger buy for any one upgrading from an older Sony the chargers are the same.
on 9 October 2014
Love it! This is my first foray into ereaders. I'd 'ummmmed' and 'ahhhhhhed' over the prospect of becoming a traitor to books, but my mind was made up when I struggled with having just 1 book on a 3-week holiday. I was tempted to get a Kindle, but wanted to be able to borrow ebooks too, so a few months later I decided on this little beauty. OK, so I'll admit the Sony reader is not perfect, which I knew before buying. Even Sony pulling out of the ereader market didn't put me off getting this. Main con for me: ideally I would like to be able to read it in dim light on the tram (and yes, I can read normal books in dim light). I do think it's odd that Sony would bring out an ereader without an backlight, but, hey, I can always turn on a lamp if I'm reading at home! To be honest, I probably don't know enough about ereaders to list pros/cons, but main pro: I've not bought any books yet as I'm still taking advantage of my library's Overdrive/ebook lending facility.

P.S. Ignore those people who say that it's difficult to hold - it's not awkward in any way, shape or form.
on 17 March 2014
Great e-reader, have tried both this and the kindle and although both are good for me the Sony comes out top as I find the screen easier to read and battery life always seems better, although typically I only use it for two hours a day while on train. It's nice and light as well.

All in all, good product
on 19 December 2014
nice product delivered on time