Format: Vinyl|Change
Price:£34.90+ £1.26 shipping

on 12 November 2013
Well this is what I've sent to Amazon as a feedback on their packaging:
"Hi, I've received these two items together in a way too big box (E1) - the other was The Next Day box - the extra space filled with some stuffing paper. However the 7 inch picture disc which is a collector's item was pressed into an A1 envelope which was hardly wide enough for the disc. I could barely take it off, and I guess the person who forced it in had the same difficulties as the plastic protection on the disc was folded all the way down one side, and the disc pressed so hard against it that it has actually left a mark on it. I'm very happy it did not cut the plastic. However I would highly appreciate it if you send me a replacement or refund the price of this item, so I can order it from a seller who does not destroy the protection sleeve which is part of the item. Thank you."
on 8 November 2013
If you plan to buy this item, think about this before you buy from this seller (Amazon themselves). Would you purchase something from someone who folds over the cover of a record/pic disc to make it fit into the packet they have chosen, when the packet is clearly too small for the job?
I hear you all say but it makes no difference as it's only a plastic sleeve, sadly you are wrong because if you look at the images of Sorrow you will see a Bowie sticker on the top left hand side of the sleeve, normally this would be flat, sadly mine will never be so as someone has chosen to fold it in half to make it fit.
A great product completely spoiled by people who just don't care!
66 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 November 2013
UPDATE 22/11/2013
Amazon didnt quibble and made it easy to return and replace the duff copy.
I was very pleased that the second copy of the single looked exactly the same as the fuzzy version but it sounded perfect. So in summary there are some bad pressings out there mixed in with the good ones. If you are keeping it sealed and its just for looking at ten fine you'll never hear the problem if you have a bad copy but if you buy it to listen to then dont take poor quality production and QA methods lying down as you are paying enough for a quality product!
Would have been 5 stars except for the sound problem.

ORIGINAL REVIEW 11/11/2013
Received this single today from Amazon, it looks great and to be fair the B side (Sorrow Live) plays great.
However my copy was slightly warped (Ok so its vinyl and I dont expect perfection from vinyl all the time).
The A side starts out fine but about half way through the single this pressing becomes fuzzy and loses clarity. I've cleaned the single several times using a proper vinyl cleaning brush. played it several times to make sure its not just some residue in the groove and it still sounds fuzzy and annoying. I've also played other records to make sure its not my equipment and thankfully it isnt my kit. Unfortunately once you hear the fuzzy instruments and the clarity reducing you cant help not hearing it so I will never be able to "enjoy" listening to this copy!
The original single doesnt lose clarity (yes I still have it) so it must be either this individual copy of the single (fingers crossed) or the pressing process has introduced this artifact into the sound.

Very disappointed but I dont expect Amazon to listen to every copy they sell before they sell it, but I am sincerely hoping this isnt a pressing issue! Especially worrying as some people havent opened the singles and are keeping them to sell on as new or as a collectable.

A replacement has been requested, I will add a comment once I have it on my turntable. I really hope its just my copy.
on 3 March 2014
Here we go again, I have bought yet another copy of Sorrow to add to my collection! Great picture disc, unfortunately it is the 40th Anniversary of the recording, years have flown past but the music still remains the same.....brilliant. Good to see vinyl coming out again and another set of picture discs to collect. Love it!
on 12 January 2016
This is a worthy 40th anniversary release but not true to the original release to be honest. Yes, beautifully produced and Bowie in fine form; but the original single had 'Amsterdam' (aka "...in the port of Amsterdam) on the B-side. I appreciate that these 40th anniversary pressings are collectors items and more-so now the great man has gone to a happier place; but I did feel and still do that long-standing fans like myself would have preferred a high quality sounding recording that was carbon copy of the original 1973 release.

I do feel the same about the other releases in the "40th anniversary" series of singles. I also believe that there was a marvellous opportunity to have done something around the 40th anniversary of 'Young Americans' LP as well although I am first to admit there can't be much left in the vault unreleased from this period now.
on 8 November 2013
Delivered on the day of release, how could Amazon do better?
These singles really are a fantastic collectors item for any David Bowie fan.
The only downside is that because they look so good in the sealed packaging, I have not taken it out to play it.
Very happy with product and speed of service.
on 6 April 2014
but very expensive since amazon ended the FREE SAVE Delivery for some countries in Europe such as Portugal ...

... with that increase of price ... it's not worth buy it ... at least for portuguese costumers ....

But great song ... Amazing artist ... beautiful vinyl ...
on 29 December 2013
I'm gonna rate ANY David Bowie with 5 stars!! I have a few different 40th aniversary picture discs now.....some I missed and have really shot up in price....one is for sale in three figures....so grab them whilst you can. A great collectors treat. :)
on 29 January 2016
Superb Double Sided Picture Disc at a great price.
Part of the 40th Anniversary David Bowie Limited Edition Picture Disc Collection.
Very Highly Recommended.
Superb.
on 3 October 2014
David's version of this 1960's classic still sounds as good as it did forty years ago. I love collecting picture discs and this is a first class edition. Fantastic.