4.0 out of 5 stars PRISM
Being a huge fan of Katy Perry, I could not wait for the release of her third album, 'PRISM'. I would say this album is as equally as good as 'Teenage Dream', maybes a bit a better. It's definitely packed with future hits and does have a different sound from 'Teenage Dream' and 'One Of The Boys'.

The first song on the album is the amazing first single 'Roar'...
Published 17 months ago by Jonathan Kell

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Purchased for our Granddaughter who loves this album, arrived within a couple of days, an ideal birthday present!
Published 9 months ago by Saffron

4.0 out of 5 stars PRISM, 15 Nov. 2013
Jonathan Kell "Music Man" (Durham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PRISM [Bonus Tracks] (Audio CD)

The first song on the album is the amazing first single 'Roar'. This is a brilliant track to start off the album and of course, is one of my favourite songs on the album. 'Legendary Lovers' is a stand out track that could definitely be a single. I especially love the different and unique beat in this song. 'Birthday', to me, is a definite single! It is probably the track that stands out the most, with it's cheeky lyrics and fun beat, this is one of my favourites. 'Walking On Air' is my favourite song from the whole album! This is a euphoric/electronic song, which is a totally different sound for Katy. Again, this definitely needs to be a single.

You then have the second single, 'Unconditionally', which is the first ballad on the album. The actual song is brilliant, however, I don't think it's a good second single. It is also placed quite randomly on the album, as it is in the middle of all the upbeat tracks. The next song is 'Dark Horse', which like 'Walking On Air', is a completely different sound for Katy. This has a more dark/magically tone to it, which instantly makes it a stand out track that needs to be a single. Personally, I think this would of bee a much better second single. 'This Is How We Do' is a very fun song, and I LOVE the way Katy talks during the song. 'International Smile' somewhat remind me of 'Last Friday Night (TGIF)'. I think this is because of the saxophone beat.

The next song is 'Ghost', which is where the album starts to slow down. This is definitely a grower, however, I don't think it's single material. 'Love Me' and 'This Moment' are my least favourite songs on the album. I personally think these are like filler tracks and they sort of blend in with each other. 'This Moment' is actually growing on me, but these are definitely the tracks that you will forget. 'Double Rainbow', to me, is the best ballad on the album and has become one of my favourites. However, I don't think this would do well as a single and I don't think it's that popular. The last song on the standard version of the album is 'By The Grace of God'. This the slowest song on the album and I think it was a good choice of song to end the album. The lyrics have a lot of meaning and is a very emotional song.

The deluxe version contains 3 brand new tracks. To be honest, I was a little disappointed by these songs as they don't really stand out and sort of blend in with the rest of the album. 'Spiritual' has a very futurist sound to it, which makes it very different and unique. I think it takes a few listens to get into it. 'It Takes Two' is one of my least favourite songs on the album, and I will probably end up deleting it. It's a bit boring and bland for my liking, however, it does have meaningful lyrics. 'Choose Your Battles' is a song that I seem to like more and more I listen to it. This again is another ballad, however, it does sort of have a futuristic beat to it.

Overall, Katy has done an amazing job on the album. I am really interested in seeing what songs she will decided to release as singles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hear her ROAR!, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: PRISM [Bonus Tracks] (Audio CD)
PRISM, Is the new album from Katy Perry. You can very much see the difference from her debut in 2008 with 'One of the Boys' with very fun songs with a personal twist, then she went into cloud 9 with 'teenage dream' but with this, she's not obsessed with fruit or sweets, but its more grown up and mature katy, giving another side to katy. From The beginning to end, the album gives a massive smile to the end of the album. I highly recommend this, and see Katy's other side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Katy is the best, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: PRISM (Audio CD)
A natural talent unlike the other attention seeking pop babes, this girl
gives her songs priority and delivers them from the heart! Her best album
so far and I'm sure there will be many more in the years ahead!

5.0 out of 5 stars KATY PERRY - PRISM [JPN DELUXE EDITION CD + DVD], 19 Nov. 2013
G. Marco "Marco" (Brescia, BS Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prism (Audio CD)
Don't settle for the standard edition of just 13 tracks of Prism, and even the deluxe edition of 16; do as I do: order the JPN Deluxe Edition of 18 tracks on CD, and an exclusive bonus DVD! Code Asin: B00EOKQBHS

KATY PERRY - PRISM [JPN Deluxe Edition] P&C2013
15. It Takes Two 3:54.38 - deluxe edition bonus track
16. Choose Your Battles 4:30.13 - deluxe edition bonus track
17. Roar (Cazzette Remix) 5:22.06 - JPN only bonus track
18. Roar (Instrumental) 3:42.67 - JPN only bonus track
Total Running Time: 70':51''
Bonus DVD.
4. Burning Baby Blue 0:30
5. The Third Coming 0:25
6. From A Meow To A Roar 0:31
7. Satin Cape 0:46
Total Running Time: 11':03''

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my niece who loves Katy Perry, 5 Jun. 2014
Susman "Sussman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: PRISM (Audio CD)
I got this for my niece - who could not wait to get this rather good album. Although this CD is for niece I must admit that I do like a number of songs myself, and Ms Perry's songs are really well done - they are clever, imaginative and exemplified by the fact that Prism was released on October 18, 2013 and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart pretty much straight away. For Ms Perry is a very talented lady with the release "Dark Horse" single making this her ninth number-one single to date!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: PRISM [Bonus Tracks] (Audio CD)
Another brilliant album from Katy Perry, probably my most favourite album, its lively, fun, great for listening to whilst getting ready to go out. Would recommend this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing album, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: PRISM [Bonus Tracks] (Audio CD)
This album is amazing. Each song has a different style and vibe to it. This album really takes you on an amazing journey. The deluxe version has 3 great songs and a prism paper with seeds, so you can " plant it and spread the light".

5.0 out of 5 stars Such an amazing album, 21 May 2014
This review is from: PRISM (Audio CD)
I love all of Katy's album as each one of them has different themes to them. She went from loving Fruit to Candy and now she's much more mature and with this album she is letting the light shine in on her as she's had a few struggling moments in her personal life. I love every song on this album from the inspirational song Roar to the darker and edgier song Dark Horse. My favourite song on the album is a fun upbeat song called 'This is how we do' it's a unique beat and the lyrics are fun! I also was lucky enough to actually see Katy Perry live a few days ago on the Prismatic World Tour and she put such an amazing show on and sung a lot of hits from this album, I hope to see her live again at some point as she's just such a talented performer! I recommend this album to lovers of Pop music! 5 Star album Katy, well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars I was sad because it was not the one released in Record ..., 6 Feb. 2015
This review is from: PRISM [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I was sad because it was not the one released in Record Store Day but it is identical and official from the label
The difference between this one and the RSD version is of course the RSD label and also the butterflies on the transparent sleeve. The RSD had both vinyl discs on one sleeve but this one is in a transparent gatefold sleeve, That's all.
The product comes with 4 different pictures on each side and the paper that comes along includes the title PRISM and tracklist and lyrics on the back of the paper with Side and track guide to the pictures of the vinyls.
Worth collecting if you're a fan of Perry's music or interesting picture vinyls

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pop music to make you feel good, 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: PRISM (Audio CD)
Another melodic and catchy set of songs on this disc. I find that it is very easy to listen to and will put me in a good mood. The stand out tracks on this are the singles so I was a little bit disappointed not to uncover any hidden Gems like on previous records. However Roar is still a magnificent pop song and I do not get bored listening to it despite the amount of airtime it had on release.
Overall this is not her best album, but is still a lot more fun than most over pop albums released recently.

PRISM
PRISM by Katy Perry (Audio CD - 2013)