5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully sweet with added drama
Published 10 months ago by VictoriaLovesBooks

3.0 out of 5 stars found e- book very dissapointing
why was this published as an e-book? surely would have been better as an introduction in the new book, to be published in january
what an expensive way to buy 60 pages of writing
Published 8 months ago by Graham D. Rowden

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully sweet with added drama, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Johnny's Girl (Kindle Edition)
So, I pre-ordered this the second I got the chance. Then I was woken at 4.30am and figured, what's the need for sleep I can read Johnny's Girl before I have to get up. Now as some of you may already know, I'm a HUGE Paige Toon fan, and I ADORED Johnny Be Good and Baby Be Mine, the first two books starring Meg and Johnny. (If you haven't read them DO, and do it before you read this. Trust me.). So when I heard of Johnny's Girl, the fangirl and nerd in me squealed with delight.

This short story is absolutely perfect at teasing us Paige Toon fans, it opens the door perfectly for The Accidental Life Of Jessie Jefferson and leaves you in a desperate state of need for it to be released.

Johnny and Meg are now blissfully happy, married with two sons and living away from LA. Johnny is no longer drinking, smoking or taking drugs, for Meg life couldn't be any better. Although she is still constantly plagued by Johnny's bad boy past and still finds herself getting insecure about all the girls before her. She has every right of course, he treated her so badly in Johnny Be Good.

But LA beckons for Johnny, his new album has to be recorded in LA and Meg finds her little family buying back Johnny's old house. Full of some of the best and worst memories of hers and Johnny's time together.

It seems when married to Johnny, life is never going to be smooth riding. Their world is about to tipped upside down.

(Annoyingly I'm stopping there! Haha).

I absolutely loved this little snippet. I always enjoy jumping into Paige's books and revisiting old friends. Of course it wouldn't be a Paige Toon book without a little cameo from another character, yes ladies, Joseph Strike from One Perfect Summer is briefly in it too.

The story is told from Meg's point of view which is important as the other books are too, but it would be very interesting to read it from Johnny's too. To see how he feels about it and not through Meg's eyes.

Sweet yet full of drama that leaves you desperate for more.

Now if you haven't read the first two books, I highly recommend you do that first

3.0 out of 5 stars found e- book very dissapointing, 23 Dec 2013
what an expensive way to buy 60 pages of writing

5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect introduction for the YA novel The Accidental Life of Jessy Jefferson, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Johnny's Girl (Kindle Edition)
Baby Be Mine had the perfect ending for the story: their happy ever after. So I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep reading more because there were gonna be problems for sure. But the truth is that this short story is the perfect introduction for the YA novel The Accidental Life of Jessy Jefferson, Paige Toon's lastest book. We learn more about the life of Meg and Johnny as a couple and it is quite impresive to see the new Johnny (if we loved him as the bad boy, now that he has become the perfect father, we are crazy about him!). Moreover, it is fun to keep reading about the minor roles, like Kitty.

So after having read this short story, we are able to understand where Meg and Johnny stand before the new addition to their family. And after the end of this book, you just want to find out more about what is going to happen! If you are planning to read The Accidental Life of Jessy Jefferson (which I am going to review tomorrow) and you haven't read the Johnny Be Good series, it's a good idea to read at least this short story because Paige Toon perfectly explains everything that has happened from Meg's point of view.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Short, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Johnny's Girl (Kindle Edition)
I was a little disappointed it just kept going on how madly they were in love and isn't really a story just the beginning of the next book.

3.0 out of 5 stars A waste of 2, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Johnny's Girl (Kindle Edition)
I'm a big fan of Paige Toon's books but unfortunately I found myself let down again by her ebooks.

Just like One Perfect Christmas, this ebook is too short (half the length of similar ebooks/short stories) and has no real content to the story - we already know about Johnny's Girl as we were told about her when the Jessie series was announced.

If you've not already bought this book, save yourself an hour and 2 with this two line overview: Meg and Johnny are married and have a second son, Phoenix. They move back to LA and find out about Jessie; Johnny's fifteen year old daughter.

It's not all bad though - the cover is gorgeous and there didn't seem to be as much recapping as there was in One Perfect Christmas.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but short!, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Johnny's Girl (Kindle Edition)
I didnt realise when I purchased this that it was a short story! I was just getting into it and it finished!! I have preordered the accidental life of jesse jefferson for the end of Jan though so will be looking forward to that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Johnny's Girl (Kindle Edition)
Not as good as her others . Disappointed with this one. Didn't realise it was so short a story :-(

3.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Johnny's Girl (Kindle Edition)
Needed more but a good set up for the new book. Not sure this was worth paying for though, should have been free

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Johnny's Girl (Kindle Edition)
I feel a bit cheated, I knew it was a short story, however it's just a publicity stunt to introduce a character for a kids book. I was kinda hoping to find out how things panned out, sadly not

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Johnny's Girl (Kindle Edition)
Paige does it again. Didn't take long for me to read it. But I have to say it's brilliant. I love Meg & Johnny. Can't wait to read the next book. Already excited. Nice to see a mention about Joseph & Alice!

Johnny's Girl