5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good
The heading says it all. I must point out that I bought this printer after extensive research on cheap, good quality and affordable printers, in which this one topped the polls. I finally had a look on 'WHICH' magazine and this printer was said to be the most affordable and also this printer had the cheapest inks you could get from an inkjet. The ink prices is what sold...
Published 11 months ago by aisha702

3.0 out of 5 stars For the price its a good solid printer that prints fine
For the price its a good solid printer that prints fine. However, the wireless printing simply doesn't work. It all connected ok, and gave a nice WLAN report following set up instructions, I can sent print jobs to it over the network, but it prints the top line gives off a strange whining noise and eventually cancels the job spitting out the...
Published 4 months ago by Mr. A. Guy

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good machine, 7 April 2014
J. Swithenbank (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brother DCP-J132W A4 All-In-One Colour Multifunction Wireless Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
Hi
Not had this long but have found it to function as supposed to.
Only thing that's a bit of a pain is the paper cartridge.
It only has manual print both sides so you have to put the paper back in other way up and so have to pull out the cartridge.
However, can't have everything for the price.
Prints and scans fine.
Very good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap to feed, 3 Feb 2014
Ideal small hope or office multi-function printer. only down side was printing both sides your have to put the paper back in the paper tray. Apart from that it only costs £1.99 a cartridge to feed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for duplex printing, 27 Sep 2014
If you want to do duplex printing, don't go for this printer; the paper feed is unreliable. It often feeds 2 pages at a time or a 2nd page starts feeding half way down the previous page so that you have to completely redo the print run. It is also a nuisance to have to keep removing the paper cartridge each time to reload the paper for printing the reverse side. On the positive side, the printer is very economical with ink and prints quite quickly compared to some other printers. The set-up is reasonably straight forward and works well wirelessly. Very good value for money for one-sided printing.

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID like the plague, 1 Dec 2014
James Greenough "Greeno" (Isle of Man, UK) - See all my reviews
AVOID!
Worked fine initially, but then locked up totally.
Brother support is unspeakable beyond description. They will not lift the phone, reply to emails, or do anything to resolve issues.
They will not accept return of the printer. If it's over 30 days old - you're on your own.

Attempts at activating any support whatsoever will raise your blood pressure to levels you will find quite astonishing.

Jim

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon arranged the replacement promptly and efficiently and I now have an excellent printer. While I think the printer deserves, 10 Sep 2014
This product arrived with a fault (no fault of Amazon's). Amazon arranged the replacement promptly and efficiently and I now have an excellent printer. While I think the printer deserves 5 stars- I don't know how they do it for the price when compared with some of the present mass-mariket offerings- I would award 6 stars to Amazon's customer care and efficiency. I am surprised, I didn't imagine they would be that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, 18 July 2014
I received this printer earlier on today and it has been great so far. I have connected the printer via USB to a pc (the cable runs from inside the printer along the side and out the back right corner) and have wirelessly connected with my android phone and a laptop. I have been able to print from both windows and Linux operating systems without any problems. P.S the plug and manual I got were in English

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I got this printer - so far............, 27 July 2014
Steve at Barton (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
After a lot of research (and dithering) I finally decided to get the Brother DCP-J132W printer, and so far I am glad I did. I will cover the set up procedure at the end of the review, as that is the most boring bit as far as I am concerned!

On the plus side, it is a nice looking uncluttered machine and is quite compact, the surface is a matt finish so unlike my previous extremely shiny Epson it doesn't show marks, and seems to attract less dust. The paper is loaded into an internal tray which slots into the front of the machine, so it avoids having a paper feed stuck up at the back. It uses four separate ink cartridges, which means you only have to replace them one at a time as each runs out, and the black cartridge is a bit bigger than the others, which seems sensible. Also, the cartridges are loaded into a compartment on the front of the machine so it is much easier to get at them. The machine can be left switched on permanently - after a few minutes it goes into a sleep mode, which allegedly uses almost no power, but means when you do want to print something it is ready almost instantly with none of the annoying and seemingly endless whirring and clattering noises that other machines make, until they decide to allow your print job to proceed, having wasted quantities of ink in the meantime. Printing itself is also comparatively quiet compared to my previous Epson, and the Canon that I had before that. All good so far.

On the downside, there is no automatic double sided printing option, so if you need this then think again - OK, you can print one page at a time and juggle with the paper tray which would be all right for very occasional use but not as a regular thing. On the same note, it would probably not be practical if you need to change the paper very often for printing photos, envelopes, etc. And for some reason the USB socket is inside the machine under the scanner bed - WHY???? It is not easy to find (even Brother seem to admit this, as they put a special sticker on the side of the machine to tell you where it is) and you then have to feed the USB lead out of the back via a special channel, so you might need a longer lead to allow for this (no USB lead is supplied by the way). SO, if a you might need to use a USB connection, beware. The only other adverse comment I have is that the lid for the scanner seems a bit wobbly and insecure when you open it, but this is because it has been designed to accept books for scanning if required, so a straightforward hinging mechanism would not be suitable. I now use both hands when opening the lid - problem sorted.

Now my thoughts about the set up procedure. Like almost any technological item now, the instructions are not particularly user friendly - do manufacturers ever road test their instructions on Joe Public before releasing them? You are provided with a Quick Start Guide which I actually found to be quite good as far as the mechanical stuff was concerned (unpacking, loading paper, loading cartridges etc). Once you have done all that, the machine goes into a cleaning process for several minutes (how did it get dirty in the first place?) and it then offers you a set-up wizard function on the LCD screen, so at that stage I abandoned the Quick Start Guide and went with the wizard. This takes you through various stages, like the date and time, and selecting your wireless network. Entering the password was a bit laborious as you only have a left or right arrow to select each character. It was then just a matter of installing the drivers as necessary. I have a laptop running on Windows 7 Professional, so went to that first as my other devices don't have a CD drive. In the end though I didn't use the CD but did a web search instead, in case the CD version had been updated. There was an option to make the printer available to all other devices on the network, which I selected. So, after about an hour all told, I was up and running, and printing from my laptop, MacBook Air, iPad and iPhone, all with no problem, and the print quality is good.

In summary then, I am very happy with this printer, but it might not suit if you want to use a USB connection, or to swap the paper supply regularly. I am still on the original supplied cartridges, but have got some non-Brother ones ready for when they run out - I will update this review once I have tried these out to confirm whether or not the printer accepted them.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says it will do so simply to set up, 19 Mar 2014
easy to set up and use never had a problem with it does what I want it to do first time cannot fault it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, 16 Mar 2014
After trying many printers this is the one that my iPad Air is compatible with works like a dream very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bees Knees!!, 30 April 2014
This is an amazing little printer. The setup was easy (I always connect to laptop via extra long usb cable purchased from my good friends at Amazon!) I do not use wireless function for the simple reason on previous Brother printers I always had to manually change networks from my wifi to printer network to print from email or the internet ....this is a pain in the neck!!

So like I said I bought a 5 metre USB cable and I just connect it the printer. Much better in terms of connectivity and scanning documents. If do set the printer up for wireless use I will post up the outcome on this review later!! So standby!! Though I usually avoid wireless printing like the plague to be honest ....too hit and miss! USB more reliable but I will conduct the wifi experiment soon!

I have set up Brother printers for family and friends before - the installation is getting simpler with each new model. It took me only 10 minutes to unistall old Brother printer and install this one using USB connection.

Regarding the print speed and quality ..... fantastic!! I printed 27 A4 documents in under 2 mins. This is much quieter than the previous DCP models and the print quality is excellent!. I also like the fact the controls on this model have been moved to the front of the printer at an angle...so much easier to see especially when a printer is black in colour!

Highly recommend this printer ....will be back with more to review wireless setup/use and to tell what the ink usage is like.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›