4.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd found this earlier, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Brother MFC-J650DW A4 All-In-One Colour Wireless Multifunction Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
My last printer kept dropping out of connection to router. This one is perfect, it's neat, the paper sits inside, the print is good. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is that I need to upgrade my printer paper as I use the very cheapest paper which has a faded look about it. This is not really a problem as I use better quality paper for important things.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, the printer works superbly well, 1 April 2014
R. Sparkes (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I found the instructions horribly complicated and had to go through the whole setting-up process several times before I got it to work. The instructions assumed I knew all the acronyms that were used, but I didn't and had to look them up on Wikipedia each time.

Once I got it working, I was delighted with it and was able to use it as a colour photocopier as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars After a struggle!, 4 Jun 2014
Bought this to replace a 7 year old Canon MP-830 which had died. I needed to be able to print lengthy documents with double-sided landscape pages, which the Canon could do without any problems whatsoever, and also occasional photocopying and scanning. I do not need WiFi or FAX. I bought Brother because the latest Canon printers appear to be much poorer quality than the MP-830 and they have an even greater greed for ink.

Basic set up was easy but for a long time it would either print landscape pages single-sided or portrait pages double-sided, which was not what I wanted. And if I threatened to overtax its tiny little mind it sulked and told me that there was a paper jam, when there was none! However, the Brother web site's FAQs did provide an answer and now all seems to be well. But I do feel that it should have been possible to do this from the supplied manual and it seems a bit light weight and flimsy so only 4 out of 5!

5.0 out of 5 stars double sided heaven, 31 May 2014
R. Flack - See all my reviews
This printer I have had for a month and so far so good. I have just printed a large document double sided with no hassle. After a little time to understand the printer double sided setting and then choosing right to print the pages came out properly ie not the second page upside down. Love this but please use 80 gsm paper. When used 75gsm it took a couple of pgs at time but didn't with the 80gsm.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for everyday use, 7 April 2014
Some bits are a flimsy thin plastic but the quality of the output is good. Not too noisy and clear instructions for set up and operation.
Definitely recommend it for home office use.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 3 July 2014
Fantastic, I would recommend this brother printer to all who want a good quality, incredibly easy to set up unit, did not need to go near windows machine at all, set up directly from android tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase., 3 May 2014
I did a fair bit of research before buying this and so far am very happy. It is very compact and the prints and copies I have done have been perfectly good quality for my needs. I hope the ink lasts longer than my old Epson printer!

4.0 out of 5 stars fresh prints of bro ther, 27 Jan 2014
I used to have a brother dcp j315w until someone decided to ride it down the stairs, after trying to scan the bottom of his document, I keep this printer in my room.

I also now have a ton of old type ink and these new ones take different ink, I don't mind though because this printer is damn sexy, the screen is a great touch, it prints well enough, scans well, connects to WiFi easily and just generally so far has been no bother to interact with.

The packaging is thorough and the courier service was quite average, I wagered easily 5 shmacko sticks to my dog that the paper ordered a day later, although heavier would get here before the printer, it did.

Also 1w usage on stand by mode.. Crazy!