5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!
I love the film, defo my film of 2013! Thought I'd get the soundtrack for my dad for his birthday.
It came a few days before his bday so I thought what the hell I'll listen to it and I was so happy I did. When watching the film you don't realise how much of an impact the music has until you listen to it by itself. WOW is all I can say
It's an Amazing...
Published 10 months ago by E.G.E

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible. Absolute Trash.
In the matter of three minutes Zimmer is able to steal from 'The Island' and 'Game of Thrones' whilst reusing music from the Dark Knight series and his other soundtracks. Zimmer is described as being an "effortless composer" and he really is. He does barely anything and considers it to be GOOD music. Man of Steal was terrible and Rush is no better. I would recommend...
Published 10 months ago by MrWSherwood

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
It's an Amazing soundtrack!
I will warn people though if you listen to the soundtrack while driving try not to get too carried away with the music because you will think your a racing driver ;P

5.0 out of 5 stars You will drive faster!, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
I bought this after seeing the movie..a great movie!
I have always liked the music of Hans Zimmer, "Gladiator" soundtrack still being my favourite. I play this "Rush" CD in the car. It will get your adrenalin going, especially track 23. About half of the tracks are worth listening to, which isn't bad.
Overall, I would give this a cautious recommendation, but I am glad I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good in parts, 25 Nov 2013
F. Barnard (Staplecross, Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rush - O.S.T. (Audio CD)
Some excellent tracks, not just orchestral but pop (Thin Lizzie, Bowie) but a number of frustrating ones too, where a promising riff or gentle theme dies away after a minute or two. But overall up there with some of Zimmer's best work (Thin Blue Line, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
The music defo brought back memories of the time...very good choice. Would recommend it to anyone who saw the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rush, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Rush (MP3 Download)
Excellent score.Reminded me of scenes from the film and my teenage years!
Great with headphones. Promised my husband I won't speed when I play it in our car!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
Zimmer uses the same techniques as he used in Gladiator and I have no problem with that!

4.0 out of 5 stars its a rush, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
loved the film and the music fits brill. what can i say hans has done it again.
excellent soundtrack/excellent film

4.0 out of 5 stars Good music from an excellent film, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
I liked the music when I saw the film. Hans Zimmer has written something that sums up many of the aspects of F1 in this era. The music suits the various phases of the film through the drama, naer tradegy and overall feel of the sport through the 1976 championship

5.0 out of 5 stars Hans Zimmer, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
Another Hans Zimmer masterpiece . I think this is the best soundtrack since Gladiator . The music conjures up great memories of the 1970s.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great orchestral/electronic/rock hybrid by Zimmer that I hope doesn't fly under the radar, 10 Sep 2013
L. Hubbard (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
The Ron Howard/Hans Zimmer collaborations are some of the best in modern cinema in my opinion. Zimmer's scores for The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, and hidden gem Frost / Nixon have produced music that brings out something different in the composer compared to his usual offerings. Rush is no exception, and alongside Zimmer's usual offerings there's quite a lot of writing for the electric guitar, which isn't something Zimmer has used much in the past couple of decade or so.

The album sounds very well produced and lasts just over an hour.There are 24 tracks in total, so I won't mention every one. The main theme is introduced in the opening track "1976", which is pretty good, but it is fairly short and did remind me of the start of the Lannister theme from Game of Thrones by fellow Remote Control composer Ramin Djawadi. There are several reprisals of this across the album, but one of my favourites was in "Inferno" (Track 18) with a really nice string/synth rendition, but perhaps the longest and most fleshed out version was in the longest track on the album "Lost but Won". It's the longest track on the album and definitely the highlight of the album. This theme is also present in the final track "My Best Enemy" (Track 24), with additional choral backing before the chequered flag ends proceedings.

Of the electric guitar based tracks, there's a really cool electric guitar theme introduced in "Stopwatch" (Track 4) that is reprised in "Watkins Glen" (Track 12) which were my favourites, but this is just personal preference.

There's not much to dislike, unless you have such an aversion to electric guitars that it makes you ill. I won't lie, I don't have much of a fondness for them, but on this album I thought it worked well (probably helped because there were no vocals over the top). I won't pass comment on the 4 vocal tracks, by Dave Edmunds, Mud, Thin Lizzy and David Bowie. Most of these artists were before my time, and after listening to them once I won't be doing so again, but each to their own! The only other thing is the time of the release - it's approaching the start of September at the time of writing, and this really does sound like a soundtrack for driving with the windows down over the summer.

*Update for the review, this is the first time in ages that I've actually seen the film with the accompanying soundtrack (usually I just get the soundtracks without seeing the film). To start with, Rush is an incredible film - I knew nothing of the story before seeing it, and it's simply inspirational. As for the Zimmer's score - it was effective within the film, but my overriding opinion was that large portions were simply inaudible due to the sound effects (the sound of the engines in the cinema were pretty amazing though). Some tracks are different on the album compared to the film, for example the strings followed by the short electric guitar theme in "Stopwatch" was not presented like that within the film. "Lost but Won" is the main track that starts the opening credits, and it's worth hanging around when the credits roll just for that.

Overall, this is fantastic release that has one of the best orchestral/electronic/rock fusions that I have heard for some time (apart from the brilliant album for Pacific Rim Soundtrack from Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures). This isn't the most complex score ever created, but it sounds great and has some great action tracks and slower material that I think fans of Zimmer will love. If you liked the music within the film, or want another Zimmer standalone album, I strongly recommend it. Within the film, the score was not that audible at times, and this soundtrack release shows that behind the sound of the engines, Zimmer's score was roaring.

Rush