This is the first song by John Legend which I have ever purchased. Obviously I had heard of him but I was not familiar with his music. However he was singing live on Radio 2 recently and I was impressed. He also sang a great version of Bruce Springsteen's "Dancing in the dark". This is a lovely song which he sings beautifully. I love songs which have real depth and emotion and this is definitely one such song.
on 25 March 2014
Heard this track on Dancing on Ice, and thought how lovely the words are for our wedding in June a back up track to our entrance song.
on 21 October 2013
Best love song I've heard in years! I can't stop playing it. If your looking for a song that makes you tingle this is it <3
on 23 August 2014
Saw this video on the tv the other day and since then I seem to be hearing the song where ever I go. I love the Artists voice and the chorus is my favourite part. It's a lovely ballad and has lovely words.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 4 November 2014
Having recently planned our wedding, me and my wife (saying that never gets old) were having some difficulty deciding on what music to play at our wedding. There are so many songs you need to think about... a song for walking down the isle, 2 songs for signing your register, a song for leaving the room. We must have listened to hundreds of song's trying to find songs we felt were right. This is one of the few songs that when we heard, we just knew it was right. In the end we decided to play this song while signing the register and it brought a smile to everyone's face. Its also now number 1 on our playlist for the car. We can often be found driving around our home town signing this song at the top of our voices!
on 28 June 2014
Another brilliant song that's from the heart, I liked this song before I heard the rumour that he wrote it for his wife, if so very touching and loving what better way to let her know your feeling and tell everyone else at the same time.
on 5 January 2014
I adore John Legends voice. Loved him from the 'Get Lifted' album. This song has raw emotion in it and is a pure love song. If you watch the video on youtube you will see a bit of his recent wedding at the very end. So cute!
on 25 October 2013
no auto-tune/electronic stuff that dominates the radio these days. It's just John Legend and the piano. Pure bliss.
The emotion in this song is immense. I just love it.
on 28 March 2014
John Legend wrote this song for his wife of many years. What a man! It's amazing what you can do with a few words.....
on 22 March 2014
A beautiful song. I especially love 'all your perfect imperfections'. A clever and telling line.
John Legend has a fabulous voice and sings with real feeling.