4.0 out of 5 stars intriguing and poetic, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Bells of Subsidence: Science Fiction Stories (Kindle Edition)
I've recently started downloading low-cost sci fi onto my Kindle app, and been generally pleasantly surprised... And this collection of short stories is no exception. A sense of genuine other-worldliness permeates the stories, with shades of Cordwainer Smith creeping through the carefully constructed prose at times. I'm not sure if stuff this "out-there" would get published in a hard-copy only world, so good news, the future is here, and it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark, gruelling and fabulous, 31 Dec 2013
Michaels writing has always gotten under my skin and made me feel things I just wasn't expecting. This book is no different. The title story is powerful, irksome, philosophically robust and captivating. Some may have to read in short bursts to enable assimilation of the thought provoking ideas and sizzlingly immense description. Michael is a scI-fi / fantasy genius of huge talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 15 Sep 2013
Mrs. Aileen E. Grist "Ailz" (Oldham, Lancs, UK) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed reading this story. It's an interesting and absorbing read. I'd recommend it to any aficionado of science fiction

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent collection of stories, 5 Sep 2013
I started reading this book after seeing it for free on the authors website. The stories are very atmospheric much like the authors photography. As I have discussed (via his website)the stories remind me of studio Ghibli films particularly Laputa castle in the sky. The stories are well written and emotional. This book is well worth reading if you like sci fi. Looking forward to his next book.