5.0 out of 5 stars Family Joy
Published 17 months ago by Robyn B. Mcgorm

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a great sequel
Published on 13 Mar. 2013 by F. James

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Joy, 5 Dec. 2013
Another wonderful night for fun and laughter with happy feet 2. To pure pleasure of entertainment from the animal section again. The kids will find it amusing also some older people as well. Not for teens as they have there own way of entertainment, Sheer pure delight with this movie, as to keeping you totally amused as not wanting to miss a thing. So if you found happy feet one marvelous than you won't be disappointed with this. Make sure you have all you munchies as not to disturb anyone during the show, gather up your chair relax and put your feet up to a fabulous and great night with the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the original, 22 May 2014
Often sequels are a real disappointment - not this one. The story of Mumbles' second attempt to save his penguin nation is filled with old and new characters, a great deal of humour, and an amazing soundtrack, including some classic Queen songs performed by Matt Damon and Brad Pitt (who knew???). At one point I even got a tear in my eye (how do they do that with animation?). The overriding theme is that everyone is special, and even the one can make a difference. A great treat for the whole family.

4.0 out of 5 stars HAPPY FEET 2, 24 Sept. 2014
I FOUND THIS A BASIC FOLLOW UP OF THE ORIGINAL, BUT WITH LESS SINISTER BITS TO MY MIND. SOME CLASSIC ROCK AND POP MUSIC IS USED, IN THE LARGE DANCE SCENES, WITH THE SMALL PENGUINS BEING THE USUAL CUTE FEATURE. GREAT GRAPHICS AND SOUND, WITH THE SAD NOTE ON HEARING ROBIN WILLIAMS VOICE FOR TWO OF THE CHARACTER, WHAT A LOSS!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely amazing animated musical feature, 5 Mar. 2013
Mr. T. R. Saint (England) - See all my reviews
At first I was very put off by the theme. A bunch of Penguins did not really appeal to me, but nevertheless I gave it a watch. And my daughter of 8 and a half months absolutely loves this film.
The music, everything about it makes her really excited and fixed on it. It's such a pleasure to see and it never does get tiresome. I myself really enjoy the film and find it very funny, graphically pleasing and a good little gem to own. I could not recommend this film anymore 10 out of 10 in every respect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Sequel, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Happy Feet Two [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Happy Feet two is a hilarious Sequel to Happy Feet. It is funny and entertaining for all ages. I bought it for my sisters 24th birthday and we both agree it is better than the first. The characters are cuter and funnier with some new additions - Will and Bill especially. We were in stitches at parts of the film and loved it. The story is a great follow on from the first and I imagine children would be as entertained as we were by it. A great film for everyone who loves animation and a good laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film of 2011, 21 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Happy Feet Two [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Whoever these people are giving this film bad reviews are just crazy. I'm 24, my partner is 26 and we both loved it! The music in it fit the scenes they were played in so well and Pink was amazing playing Gloria. Little Erik will have you crying, Ramon and his buddies will have you laughing as always and Sven the Puffin will have you in hysterics! I advise young and old to buy this DVD when it comes out or head to their nearest cinema now to see it. It's worth every penny

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a great sequel, 13 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Happy Feet Two [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I didnt know what to expect from the Happy Feet Sequel but I didnt expect it to be quite so lame. Really felt like they were trying to make another film for the sake of it ... poor story line, irritating voice overs. Glad I didnt bother spending a fortune on cinema tickets to see it at the cinema. This one will definitely be going in the charity shop box .. not worth a second viewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy feet 2, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Happy Feet Two [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
This is a brilliant film, enjoyed by us all, with a story similar to the first one then takes a turn for the better, with agood story and superb animation throughout the film with individual little penguins in their own scenes. Found it very enjoyable and would recommend this dvd to any one who enjoys animation at its best. D Bowen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made us Happy!, 28 Mar. 2012
Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Happy Feet Two [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
We're back in the South Pole for our second outing to the fab penguins for Happy Feet Two! Mumble is now all grown up, and a Daddy penguin himself to baby Erik, whose mummy is the lovely Gloria who we also saw in the first movie. However, Erik isn't a dancer like his dad or a singer like his mum... in fact he feels like he doesn't belong in Emperor Land at all. When disaster strikes the penguin colony by way of a huge iceberg cutting them off from the sea and consequently their food source of fish, Mumble, Erik and a couple of other baby penguins have to work together as a team to find out how to get their fellow penguins, including Gloria, out of there and to help them survive. They enlist the help of Ramon's old friends the Adélie penguins but will they be able to rescue the Emperor penguins before its too late? And why is Erik so reluctant to sing and dance? Does he have a talent all of his own?

The cast only brings back a few members from the first film, most notably Elijah Wood who reprises his role of Mumble, the non-singing but all dancing penguin and once again delivers a great performance, and he's very easy to listen to in his scenes. Alecia 'Pink' Moore takes on the role of Gloria, Mumble's wife, a role which was previously fabulously played by the late Brittany Murphy so she had big shoes to fill here, and she did a great job. She doesn't have that rawness and innocence that Murphy had, but brings something new to the role and I really enjoyed her performance, particularly her musical ones in this film, and I think she did an amazing job considering this is her first voice-over work! Robin Williams is once again back as Lovelace and Ramon, 2 different penguins, but equally insane... I'm glad he's back as no one else could ever be these characters! Williams always gives his everything to a performance and nothing is different here... I could even imagine him playing Lovelace's imaginary guitar in those scenes!

Before I started watching this, I had no idea that Matt Damon and Brad Pitt were both in this film too. They play two characters who are Krill, named Will and Bill. Will (Pitt) is an ambitious krill and is determined to leave the swarm and become a predator rather than the prey, no matter how small and insignificant he may be. Bill (Damon) merely follows along in his wake, wondering if his friend has lost it. While I thought the pair did a good job of their roles, Pitt in particular came across really well on-screen to me, I felt their story was somewhat pointless and I kept getting frustrated at it cutting into the main action of the film which was far more interesting to me, and I think they could have easily left it out without interfering with the rest of the film at all, but there you go! I also want to mention the infinitely talented Hank Azaria who voices foreign bird Sven, who has somehow become The Magnificent Sven as he is the only Penguin who can fly. Azaria is fantastic with the role, bringing Sven to life on-screen and was a joy to listen to, for both the children and adults watching.

You can't talk about this film without speaking about the amazing soundtrack. I loved the songs in the first Happy Feet film, but for this one, they seem to have gone one better than that and have included a fantastic soundtrack. The movie opens with a wonderful medley including the brilliant "We're bringing fluffy back" take on Justin Timberlake's 'SexyBack' song, 'Do Your Thing' by Basement Jaxx and "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J, so you can see straight away it's a pretty eclectic mix! From then on, the movie showcases some fantastic covers, including a few of my favourites such as the awful 'Dragostea Din Tei' marvellously sung and danced to by Sven, 'Under Pressure' by Queen and David Bowie and the fantastic inclusion of an electric guitar solo of 'We Are The Champions' courtesy of Lovelace! However, the stand out track for me, by far, was Pink's original song for the film 'Bridge of Light'. I don't normally think of her as an especially talented vocalist yet she hits on a rawness and emotion in her singing of this song, and she totally becomes Gloria for this, singing to her lost young son Erik. It's utterly, utterly charming, and certainly brought tears to my eyes. The movie version is far more touching than the single version, with its soaring orchestral sound and penguin chorus... a beautiful scene, and beautiful song.

The animation of this film, as you'd expect, is absolutely phenomenal. How they create these scenes with hundreds of penguins and elephant seals all dancing at the same time, with the smallest touches such as the snow falling and the penguins watching from below too. It's seamless, and it's not only the animations but things like the expressions on the faces of the penguins, Erik in particular that are stunning to watch. Even the more fast paced scenes, involving both the krill, and some of the penguins too are mesmerising to watch. There are a few scenes that are quite dark and a tad frightening to watch for younger viewers, but these are so few and far between that I wouldn't worry too much as you'll be able to anticipate them easily enough. The story itself wasn't too clear at first, taking a while to get going, but the message throughout the film is one of love, acceptance, inclusion and working together, and I think this is a good message to teach its younger viewers. There were some very touching parts of the movie involving Erik and Mumble showing that parents don't always have the right thing to say, but love you no matter how you are. It's an emotional watch but had bits that made Harry and I laugh out loud too... although Harry did exclaim twice "Mummy are you crying?!" so perhaps the emotion was lost on him a bit!

The combination of singing, dancing and a really touching story of team work and love across the species makes for a wonderful film experience, and is a fantastic follow-on from the Oscar winning original movie. I was hooked from the start until the end, and even though there were parts which disinterested me (the Krill!), I still found the movie a joy, and Harry loved it too... I defy you not to get a bit emotional at both the 'Bridge of Light' song and Erik's revelation as well... maybe I'm just too soppy though! While it will be slated by some for its singing, its story or the fact it isn't perhaps quite as good as the original movie, both Harry and I found it very watchable, and the fantastic songs will certainly have you singing along, and probably tapping your feet too! It's certainly a DVD that will make its way into our collection, and I think its one I will be able to watch again and again without getting too bored! Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good message for young and old, 25 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Happy Feet Two [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Package arrived in good time and in good condition.
This was a gift for a 8 year old who just like myself is a great fan of happy feet 1.
He loved the film was a little let down as I felt that story was a little weak, but saying that there was a very good message in the story. Helping and supporting those in need.

Happy Feet 2