on 13 December 2014
Love it , Read 1000,s of reviews and benchmarks for every monitor from 24inch to 28inch range and finally decided to go for this dell despite the fact that i could have got a larger 27inch for the same price , the states and review for this monitor were way better than Any 27inch or above.

I worked for dell for 7 years and I am a super computer nerd and swore i would never buy from them again , but in all fairness I have always known that their monitors were well above all others in their class if you could afford them.

Input lag is seriously low , great for FPS games like battlefield and call of duty if you are a serious gamer , Obviously not as good declared response times and input lag as a TN panel but they have understated the response times and they are quite competitive for a panel of its class.

The colours I am quite disappointed with and i thought they would be more vivid , but maybe I need to install a better ICC profile , if Anyone could point me towards a better one at DataStreamCowboy@hotmail.com please and thank you ... But for gaming and photography I am quite please with it .

Great Buy , Bargain for the price of it , Very happy
on 13 September 2014
I've had this monitor for a few hours and it's damn good. Being an IPS, the color accuracy and the viewing angles are both excellent. It's also PWM-free, which reduces eye strain.

No burnt pixels, no backlight bleeding that I can notice.

The ergonomy is also a big plus: you can tilt it, pivot it, raise it... more than I need, really.
The base seems big and very sturdy and in general I can't see physical defects.

The only thing I can criticize is the lack of HDMI... but it has VGA, DVI and Displayporty so yea, there's plenty of connectivity.

The options interface is very well organized too.

I still haven't tested games to evaluate ghosting/response (which are notorious issues for IPS panels) because I have hooked it on a crappy Laptop, but in the TFTcentral review it performed very well for an IPS.

As a first impression it's overall very good.
VINE VOICEon 24 December 2013
I was going to order the Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24 inch IPS Widescreen LED Monitor but after a good review on TFT central I decided to give this one a try. Despite it being a 16:9 ratio instead of 16:10 I absolutely adore this screen. The initial plan was to run this as my main next to my old TFT but honestly the quality difference stopped that idea dead - IPS is amazing!

The stand is very attractive and allows me to sit the screen on my desk without needing a thick old maths book under it. It is also very easy to raise/lower, tilt up/down or left/right if needed. The whole screen itself can also be rotated to portrait in either direction.

I'm not exactly a pro gamer but I didn't notice any lag from the screen and the review from TFT Central would back that up so it's excellent for gaming. While the 16:9 ratio is good for games and movies I would have preferred 16:10 for browsing, however you could always just rotate the screen for landscape. Sadly the screen doesn't tell my PC to automatically rotate the desktop to match however I've yet to hear of a monitor that does (Hint hint manufacturers - make one)!

Buyers should note that while the screen will support DVI-D connections the monitor comes with VGA and DisplayPort cables ONLY.

If your PC does not have DisplayPort I would strongly recommend buying a DVI-D cable instead of using VGA in order to keep the signal digital end-to-end.
on 10 November 2015
Pros: Quality AH-IPS panel
Stand with Tilt, Height, Swivel, Rotate Adjustments
Great Design
Available ports

Cons: Terrible color reproduction
Lacking menu options
Broken Gamma
No HDMI

Overall this monitor has some great features but lacks in areas. There is strange blue tint which is not correctable even after calibrations with internal menus and calibrations performed on the Mac. The color gamut on this monitor is absolutely terrible, specifically the blue range which is shifted and appears purple. Reds and Greens fair better but are also slightly shifted and flat. There is no way to fix this and it's completely unacceptable for any type of graphics work.

I've performed minor gaming with this monitor and found the colors to be just fine nothing spectacular. The response times are on the high end being at 8ms but i had no ghosting problems while performing minor gaming.

There are plenty of available ports DVI, VGA and DisplayPort. There are then 1x USB upstream and 3x USB 2.0 downstream ports. Although these are great to have it would be nice to see HDMI ports included as these are standard across most monitors these days. The USB hub built into these monitors is handy but it would be nice to see USB 3.0 ports. The stand for this monitor is incredible, the stand is very well built allowing Tilt, Height, Swivel, Rotate Adjustments which is ideal for that perfect viewing angle.

Overall the monitor is a very good all-round performance from IPS panel, being able to support full 1080p HD Resolution. it has a flicker free backlight, light AG coating and minimal IPS glow allowing Decent responsiveness and very low lag for gaming.
review image
on 11 June 2014
Perfect and far better than more expensive monitors I've owned. Good colour, easy to install and light enough to feel safe on top of the PC box. I bought it to watch Netflix in 16:9 and there is no problem with screen refresh times at all.
For widescreen on a budget, this takes some beating.
on 24 January 2014
very easy to install, the additional USB prorts are very usefull and the performance/colour/viewing angle all excellent. I'd recommend this to anyone. The stand adjustment functions are a real +.
on 7 February 2014
now this is a super monitor, i was looking for a monitor similar to iMac screen, and dell P2414H is almost identical, even with the standard uncalibrated settings, but when you do callibrate it, it is almost no difference than imac, yes sure imac has deeper blacks, while dell has some greynines, imac picture is slightly sharper than Dell's, but only for small bit..
the lack of HDMI port and 3.5mm jack on Dell is preatty bad, bud i managed live with out it.. also keep in mind youll need a miniDP to DP cable to connect to imac, as package contents has only dp cable, usb upstream, vga and thats it
conclusion:
best monitor, matt surface, has iMac looks, tilt and swivel stand, vertical adjustment and almost identical colours like imac
on 17 March 2014
Great value monitor, used as a second one to complement an IMac 27in and it holds its own. It's not as good as the Mac of course, but I tend to use the second monitor to read instructions and tutorials and for that it is perfectly adequate
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 February 2014
given the price this is quite a bargain. No major issues, no pwm, minor ips glow. Ive had a few expensive monitors in the past including high end nec models that serious issues, this is the cheapest ive bought and very pleased with it. Colours are pretty accurate once calibrated (i1display pro), my delta average is 0.2 at 2.2 gamma and 120 cdm brightness and 750-1 real contrast ratio at that brightness. Backs could be deeper and ive had tn screens that dug out better detail in blacks but pretty typical for an ips. My black point is 0.16 at above settings. For me the biggest thing was no eye strain and easy to read text. Great.
Cant comment on the stand as i stuck mine straight onto an ergotron lx mount, check them out if you havent seen them, great product. This monitor has a standard vesa mount so mounting is just a matter of 4 screws.
Oh my first monitor from amazon (February 2014) was A00 revision from july 2013. So i sent it back as the latest rev is A01. The replacement they sent was also A00 from july 2013 so i tried it anyway and it had no issues. If it aint broke dont fix it.
on 12 January 2015
Especially good display using portrait orientation 1600x900 which is far better than looking at an actual A4 sheet of paper.