Format: DVD|Change

on 28 February 2009
I watched this first when it came on our television screens and loved every moment. I couldn't wait for the next week or the next series. I am enjoying every moment again. The acting, the characters, the plot, the scenario are all superb. There is nothing I could fault with this series. It hasn't dated that much. It could still be today. For anyone who has never come across 'Cold Feet' and likes drama with a humerous edge I can not recommend better. It was supposed to be an answer to 'Friends' but it also answers 'Thirtysomething' for those who remember that show and I think is closer to that drama but with the redeeming humour and reality that is lost in some US tv programmes.
on 27 January 2014
Have just finished watching the complete set of 'Cold Feet' and can honestly say I hadn't realised it was so good, well, excellent actually.

Each episode was such a well observed treat on the human condition and the way people relate to life's knocks and nicer bits. Some of the episodes were hilarious and there are many stand out scenes, which I won't go into as they're best watched for the full impact.

I felt pretty depressed once I'd watched it all, not because it was depressing but because I didn't want it to end. So...there are moments of elation,comedy, pathos and a few tears, a lot like life really.

If you've been umming and ahing about getting this box set, please don't, you won't regret it. I only wish it could be given an updated series. With all the same characters... I sense it would be as popular.

Bring back 'Cold Feet'... failing that, watch this delightful series and be amazed... again.
on 30 March 2009
After all these years this is still one of the best TV shows ever made. Buy this and watch them all one after one!
on 27 March 2009
Wonderfully funny and heart warming series follwing the lives of 3 couples.Great to watch this again and i found its not dated at all.
on 12 October 2009
I never saw Cold Feet on television since I had already left the UK when it was shown. I originally borrowed the pilot from a friend simply because I was intrigued by the idea of Hermione Norris in a comedy role. My curiosity has been amply rewarded. The writing is brilliant - Mike Bullen can swing you from tears to laughter and vice versa within seconds. I rarely laugh out loud at TV comedy, but I did when watching this. The acting is outstanding. All the actors are excellent, although to be fair I think Norris is in a class of her own; by series 4 and 5 she had all but stolen the show. I believe the Marsdens were supposed to be minor characters at the beginning; I notice that by the end of the series they had far more screen time, and deservedly so. Robert Bathurst also did a fine job of turning what was almost a caricature in the early stages into a fully-rounded and appealing character.

Absolutely superb, and worth watching over and over again.
on 27 February 2007
Occasionally there is a series or programme when everything comes together as near perfectly as can be imagined - acting, writing, production and so on. Cold Feet is one such series.
You know how it is when you meet old friends and there is a ready familiarity that only long friendship can give? That is how skillful this series is with its writing, acting and production; there is a sense that though it is clear the actors worked well together, they may have gelled off screen as well. How that is achieved in this wonderful series is a study in itself. The writer's consistency is remarkable as he tells the story of these characters through so many agonies and ecstasies of life. Cold Feet never descends into the trivial or maudlin, never tries to get laughs just for the sake of laughs, but shows true sensitivity to the natural comedy of life as well as the difficult and tragic.
All elements are woven together so very well by all concerned and, as a previous reviewer has written, these people become friends from whom it is difficult to take one's leave at the end.
It was probably wise to stop at five series; few can tell when things are going to degenerate if production continues, but Cold Feet went out on a high and there are elements that keep you watching to the final frames.
One of the best of purchases that will be on and off the screen for us for many years.
There are interesting bonus features with this DVD, too.
on 11 March 2009
Bought this DVD having missed bits of the original series back in the 90s. To re-watch this has been great. It will make you laugh and cry. My teenage daughter has really enjoyed it. Excellent actors and great storylines. Would recommend it to all.
on 29 January 2007
We live abroad and so miss good British TV. This show is the best of British TV. My wife would remind me that it was only a show and not real, but I'd have to do the same for her when she got too involved in the characters and plot. When we got to the end of the series we felt like we were saying goodbye to old friends. Hopefully, that tells you how great the show is, rather than how sad we are.
on 18 September 2008
This is/was a great TV show as per the countless other reviews on here. Having watched all 5 seasons over the past week, it has been great ! and this box set really is good value + it comes with quite a few extras.

Favourite characters (for me) are Karen Marsden (Hermione Norris) due to her sharp wit and often scarchastic comments (normally about David), which provides much (often hidden?) humour and Ramona Ramirez (Jacey Salles) as having seen her on a daytime tv show was *amazed* as she speaks perfect well spoken English.. i just expected her to be Spanish :-)

So why only the 4.5 stars... well if i'm not mistaken the music that was around at the time Cold Feet aired on TV has been removed and replaced with 'general background music'. It took me a few episodes to realise. Just look at the music on the Cold Feet CD's for what has been removed. That being said... this may help explain why the show still seems fresh and modern, some 10 years on - had the original music been left in, it may have highlighted the show's age.
Q) Does anyone own the earlier seperate DVD releases and do these feature the music on them ?

With or without the music this is a 'must have' for your collection
on 21 April 2014
We bought this complete collection,since we only had a couple of the original Single series DVDs. This is a wonderful complete series of a very classic TV programme sharing the daily lives of Three main couples on their daily lives and romances. There are a few quite "emotional" parts/storylines throughout the Five Series, so get the tissues ready if you are not familiar with this storyline or programme. Has to be an all time TV classic to watch over and over again. The opening first two discs will have you in full laughter at some of the "one liners". We all remember watching this when it was first shown on National TV and like so many other classics of that particular TV Era; could not wait to watch the next instalment.

In all this Box set justifies our reward of FIVE STARS. We just are disappointed that there was never another few series made to a most excellent programme. Purchase this please and cuddle up on the sofa choccies and a cuppa in hand and be ready for excellent acting from all of the cast especially James nesbitt.