5.0 out of 5 stars All about this shoe
Here's my most important points about the purchase:

1) It is worth the full price ( I got some sort of amazon glitch price, but is worth the RRP. Which is important to note, as RRPs aren't always consistent with good quality shoes - which are as good as currency when they're how they should be!)

2)The shoe is somewhat of a hybrid - it is classy...
Published 5 months ago by Mr. B. Leslie

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Half sizes would be great
Published 5 months ago by p afful

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars All about this shoe, 28 July 2014
Mr. B. Leslie - See all my reviews
Here's my most important points about the purchase:

2)The shoe is somewhat of a hybrid - it is classy enough to just pass as a full on formal, though it works as a smart-cadge as well.

3) Works well with chinos, formal trousers, jeans.

4) I have received plenty of compliments and enquiries

Here is the low down on the detail of the product:

1) The build is good: The sole I believe is leather with a very grippy, bootesque rubber lining which I'm confident will last. The upper is a strong leather, but not the kind that you have to pitch your bones against to break in. The lining is lovely. The lace rings and clasp is close together and thus cannot get misaligned and sloppy looking.

2) The texture of the leather gives the shoe character separate to most, it makes a subtle statement. Though I haven't tried polishing, it wipes clean and the sheen/polish on it seems very permanent and low maintenance.

3) Due to a delivery error, I got to experience in the flesh both the brown and the tan. The exact colours of which can be tricky to pick up in online photos - if you look at other pictures on other sites such as the Ted Baker site, you get different tones. The brown is quite dark and perhaps more formal - this looks very smart. The tan, which I was after is quite dark around the toe, but has more colour variation; getting lighter toward the rest of the shoe. They both came with the purple lace aswell - which I didn't opt for as my use is more formal than funky, but keeping them for when the time is right ! I am curious about the black now.

4) The comfort is good, especially for a 'formal' shoe. I wear a size 10 normally, but I have gone down to a size 9 as 10 in the misdelivery was too big. I'd recommend trying in store if you can to make sure. If you're not a large 10/10.5 I'd suggest 9 as your best bet.

5) Breathability is good, though my feet have been sweating a little in the recent hot weather, I've got the feeling that these aren't the type that will lose their freshness readily, just a sixth toe sense...

Thanks for reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 3 July 2014
Half sizes would be great

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shoes, but too big., 1 July 2014
Seems to me that the shoe is more link a UK 13 / US 14.
I always wear US 13, but these were too big.

5.0 out of 5 stars He loved them and they fitted well, 30 Jun 2014
I bought these shoes for my husband as a surprise present, so he didn't get the chance to try them on before hand. He loved them and they fitted well. He wore them for over 4 hours for the first time and said they were very comfortable and his feet felt great the whole time. The shoes look great, they are well made with a quality look and having the choice of coloured laces is an added bonus. We liked them so much, I bought him another pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars great purchase, 29 Jun 2014
high quality and beautiful ..... i LOVE it!!!!
i wear 9 or 10, depend of the brand,but in this case i had tried a similar pair in another shop, so i knew in advance my size.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality shoe, 29 Jun 2014
Fortune (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
High quality wooden heel shoe, with purple touch on the laces. These were £130+ in the shops but they didn't have my size in this brown colour, so I was delighted to come home and find my size available for £70 or nearly 50% off! Delivered on a Sunday too... Amazon Prime, you never cease to amaze me.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bos..., 23 Jun 2014
Fantastic shoes, quality leather and finishing. Great detail even a choice in colour of laces. Prompt delivery and well packaged. My only disappointment was the Black 8's were out of stock as I wanted to order those as well. Well worth the money and a nearly half standard retail price.

5.0 out of 5 stars These shoes are a must, 9 Jun 2014
I've wanted to own a pair of theses shoes for over 2 years so when I saw they were available on Amazon at this incredible price I just had to buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe, 4 Jun 2014
Would definitely recommend this shoe to anyone looking for a smart pair of shoes. A definite bargain of a price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe at a great price, 3 Jun 2014
Love these shoes - I have 4 pairs in different colours very comfortable and very smart and the quality is superb!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›