5.0 out of 5 stars Hard-wearing Tardis of a bag
Published 15 months ago by jsm999

3.0 out of 5 stars kipling bags
as i was looking at these bags i thought thats not bad the prices apparently ranged from £34.73 upwards but then you started to look at all the bags you have been shown and not once did i come across a bag by kipling for £34.73 so i have decide this is a deceptive way of drawing the customer in soi wont purchase any of these bags even though i liked the style i just...
Published 10 months ago by R L N

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard-wearing Tardis of a bag, 30 Dec. 2013
jsm999 (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The Kipling Fundamental backpack is made of a tough nylon fabric, with woven straps and well-made reliable zips. The main body of the bag closes very easily with drawstrings and a flap over the top which fastens with velcro. It opens easily when required just by pulling it open, making it easy to get at the contents when you want to, but pretty secure when you're carrying it around. Tie the strings together for extra security. There is a small zipped side pocket, which is easily accessible and therefore not good for valuables, and a large front pocket accessed by the two diagonal zips (again, not secure for valuables). I find it very comfortable to wear as a backpack, but it can also be carried on one shoulder or in your hand by the looped handle at the top.
I've just bought one of these backpacks to replace the identical one I've had for nearly 12 years. It's been used almost every day, commuting into London on the train, as a holiday bag stuffed full of spare clothes and towels, as a travel bag with a change of clothes and supplies for a journey, crammed full of nappies and baby supplies, and as an overflow shopping bag, and it's never let me down. It's lightweight and folds up small when empty, and can be squashed under the seat of a plane or inside another bag for travelling, but expands to hold an unbelievable amount of junk when necessary. It's comfortable to carry even fully loaded, and the draw strings mean the contents are easily accessible. And despite being dragged around and overloaded regularly for 12 years, the fabric is still intact and the zips still working reliably. It's been through the washing machine a few times and comes out looking almost as good as new.
It's not perfect. The biggest flaw is the lack of a secure inside pocket for your purse/wallet/phone. I've ended up using a small handbag inside the backpack - works for me, but not ideal. The velcro fastening for the flap fails after about 3-4 years of daily use, and I've replaced it at least 3 times since I bought the bag. Sadly, now the drawstrings have worn through, and a leaky pen has stained the bottom, so when I saw the bag on offer on Amazon, I jumped at the chance to replace it with a new one. I'm hoping for another 12 years of faithful service from this one!
Oh, and you get a little furry monkey hanging on the side. What more could you want?

4.0 out of 5 stars I like my Kipling Unisex-Adult Fundamental Backpack, 13 Jan. 2015
I like my Kipling Unisex-Adult Fundamental Backpack. The cactus Green colour is bright and uplifting. The compartments and space can hold a surprisingly fair amount (Works for me, when pick up a few shopping items on my way home). I also love my little green, hanging gorilla.
My only criticism is that care wasn't taken on the cord to pull the bag close. Unless there's another way of closing the bag, that I haven't considered. I have to pull the two ends of the cord and tie them together, to close the bag as the picture shows. This is always inconvenient, as I have to use both hands to tie he bag securely.

5.0 out of 5 stars kipling 5*, 21 Feb. 2014
Usual quality for Kipling,very roomy backpack,bought it mainly for using for flight travel.Lots of room in it bigger than I expected.Roomy through pocket at front for travel docs.So good I bought 2 one for my Granddaughter who is going on her first foreign holiday with her school and one for myself.Granddaughter was delighted and also had the cute factor for her with the Monkey.

5.0 out of 5 stars and they no longer make the soft duffle but this is sturdy, not as big as I'd like but great ..., 14 Feb. 2015
Last Kipling bag lasted me 30 years and sadly straps wore out after coming around the world with me, and they no longer make the soft duffle but this is sturdy, not as big as I'd like but great for traveling, only downside is straps uncomfortable but I've but seat belt cover to compensate which works

4.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 15 Mar. 2014
Perfect size, not masses of pockets where you forget which one you put stuff. The snakeskin finish helps make it appear just a little bit different. Love it,

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 11 Mar. 2014
Bought this bag as a school bag for my teenage daughter. Arrived the following day. Beautiful colours, good size. Front pockets are very practical. The only negative that I can see at this point is the top flap could have been slightly wider because the content of the bag will not be protected from the rainl unless the strings are completely pulled;

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic purchase, 10 Mar. 2014
I purchased this bag for my daily commute to university. Fits my 13 inch MacBook pro and also has treat compartments. Everyone is commenting on how beautiful this bag is. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it on the daily deals. Definitely recommend. Purchased 3+ backpacks for my daily commute and only this one has been truly suitable and doesn't hurt my back!

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD SIZE BACKPACK., 5 Mar. 2014
Bought this for my granddaughter who is going on a school trip to Normandy. Plenty of room for what is needed . Usual Kipling quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 20 Feb. 2014
Great bag, just what I was looking for. Not too bulky or heavy and a really good price from Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bag!, 1 Aug. 2014
The colour is true to the photo. The size is large but not huge, nonetheless it can fit in a lot of stuff. The straps are very comfortable and allow one to carry the bag for hours. It is definitely unisex and looks great on both my husband and myself.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›