Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 11 December 2013
Read this book in my early teens, watched the film several times. However, reading it again was such a lovely experience. I felt part of the journey, moving through the narrow passages of the earth's core, the claustrophobia was tangible. This time round, I fully understood the references made to other natural wonders of the world. This is a great yarn that whatever age you are, as long as you can read, you must read it and you will thoroughly enjoy.
on 4 April 2014
This is a novel that appeals to only a few, possibly those who like myself read and reread it when in their teens.(A long time ago).At the time Science Fiction was not approved of unless it was Dan Dare etc. To be frank it is dated, nowadays the plot, technology and characterisation is seen as one dimensional. And it is.But. Reading it does take you back to younger days, if you have any to remember. What I am trying to say is that at the time it was Independence Day, Lord of the rings et al. Please read it but do allow for its age. And enjoy.
on 31 August 2013
classic story which i really enjoyed, nice illustrations and easy to get into, a book for everyone who likes a ripping yarn!
on 1 January 2015
VERY GOOD READ WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ANY ONE THAT LIKES GOOD ADVENTURES. IT ALL MOST FEELS LIKE YOU ARE THERE WITH THE PEOPLE IN THE BOOK.
on 12 August 2014
The book is always better than the films and this is an old favourite of mine i jusyt had to have on my kindle list.
on 13 February 2015
It may have been written a long time ago but it made me want to go to the places mentioned to see for myself.
on 23 February 2014
It took me back to my childhood when I first read it and it retains all of its interest to this day
on 23 June 2015
Read this as a child and instantly it became my favourite book. Still love it many years later.
on 10 December 2015
Not much I can say to do it justice, just read and be engrossed a classic
on 30 March 2016
Very satisfied with this order and would order again with confidence