‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The classics as they should be, 14 May 2004
This review is from: Can't Slow Down (Audio CD)
For a long time I believed the fact that I already own Back to Front there was no point in getting Can't Slow Down. After all I already had all the hits from the album. However after borrowing it and a few listens later I quickly realised I had been very much mistaken. It had all the hits in their original recordings, which were significantly different to the ones I was accustomed to. For example both 'All night long' and 'Running with the night' are whopping 6 minute tracks. Overall I prefer them to Back to Front's cuts, especially 'All night long', which has a calypso drum solo! Furthermore there are a few tracks which have gone largely forgotten. The biggest standout track of this type has to be 'the only one'. It's an upbeat, catchy number, which is so good it's worth the purchase price alone. In conclusion Can't Slow Down is an absolute must buy for any big Lionel Richie fan and i'm glad I have now bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this album not the best of, 2 Jan 2010
Andy O'Boogie (Widnes, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Can't Slow Down (Audio CD)
This was the album that made Lionel Richie. This was the album that we played all the time in the 80's. It has the definitive versions of his greatest tracks (All Night Long, Running With THe Night) on here. They are not the same as the cut down versions on other releases. If you want the best of Lionel Richie, this is the one to get!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Slow Down, 18 Aug 2010
This review is from: Can't Slow Down (Audio CD)
This is one outstanding album by Lionel Richie it's nice to get back to the original recordings unlike the Hit's albums that have been out over the years, as a teenager back in the 80s this was one of my first album's that I got on LP so for me it's like going back in time to when music was good unlike the rubbish of today, back then you had to sell a million singles to get to number one for the week today you have to sell about 10 to get to number one as it's all fixed, I am glad that I got to see the best of music back in the 80's I give this album 10 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Slow Down, 5 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Can't Slow Down (Audio CD)
Being a big fan of Lionel, had this album on Vinyl in the mid eighties. The favourites are repeated on many of his albums since, other than "The Only One" it was great to hear this track again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back......, 11 Aug 2008
This review is from: Can't Slow Down (Audio CD)
IMHO a great album...but not as good overall as the self titled first. Lionel Richie
To ensure continued enjoyment, NEVER expose yourself to the videos!
Worth having just for Steve Lukather's epic solo on 'Running with the Night' -apparently there are Heavy Rock fans who listen to this track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these audio CD's...., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Can't Slow Down (Audio CD)
Audio CD takes me right back! Great classic CD from Lionel Ritchie, only problem there is never enough songs on a single audio CD!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars good tracks, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Can't Slow Down (Audio CD)
very good tracks and love listening to it, a classic! impressed with speed of delivery also, excited to listen to it more and more

5.0 out of 5 stars Like this one better, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Can't Slow Down (Audio CD)
Bought the Dancing on the Ceiling CD. For some reason that didn't do it for me. Like this one a lot better. Good car journey music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 23 Nov 2013
Darren TOBIN (Hilton Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Slow Down (MP3 Download)
it isn't a bad album for a Motown legend it's not the best I have ever heard and it should have had more songs as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminds me of the 80's, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Can't Slow Down (Audio CD)
I had this on tape years ago and when I saw it on CD just had to get it for old time sake. Love listening to it and my kids love it too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Can't Slow Down (Blu-Ray Audio)
Can't Slow Down (Blu-Ray Audio) by Lionel Richie (Blu-ray Audio - 2013)