Style Name: H81M-P33|Change

on 25 November 2014
Paired with a G3220 and it runs fine. The updater for the drivers tries to install Norton though so watch out for that.
I had this Mobo for 6 months after my MSI Z87-G45-Gaming board fried (due to a faulty PSU not the mobo). For the time I had it, I was very happy with it. The only reason I replaced it again with a Gaming board when I had the cash was that 1. There is no HDMI port and 2, there are only 2 RAM slots so increasing my RAM from the 2 x 4Gb I had would have actually meant totally replacing them. My daughter now has this mobo.

So, yes I did notice a slight difference in speed from the previous board but only to be expected. The available ports were adequate apart from the lack of HDMI, plenty of USB ports and support for additional ports at the front of my case. Easy to fit, compact and small but my fairly large CPU cooler and fan only just fitted on this and were almost touching the memory modules but that was intended for a larger board so no probs.

MSI bios is nice and easy to use and this bios featured all the usual necessary settings including UEFI and the special setting for Windows 8. For the money, I don't think you can grumble at this mobo and as it has now been passed on to my daughter I expect to see another few good years of use out of this without problems.
on 22 November 2015
A decent enough board used in a budget rig for an office PC for members of my family.
Ive actually ended up buying 2 as when updating the BIOS the board cut out for no reason and then failed to post even after resets with jumpers and removing the CMOS battery so beware if you try that.
The IO panel was a little weird as it has extra clips that keep the board in so be aware as slightly unusual but a good idea.

The one issue I was annoyed with is that I clearly got a used product (possible return?) as the IO panel was all bent to hell (those extra clips i mentioned were bent right back) and out of its bag and some of the cables missing. I even had to swap a power jumper over as whover had returned it had changed to cause this to error and cause me a mini heart attack at thinking I now had 2 dead boards. This was a direct from Amazon order too!
on 7 April 2014
Bought this to pair with a g3420 processor for a work and light gaming PC. I have it set up with a 750ti PCI Express graphics cards, 8gb of ram in two 4gb sticks and two 500gb SATA hard drives and all works well. Only one expansion slot and I might have preferred more, but for the price no complaints.
on 11 April 2015
Amazing board for the price. It takes the 4th gen Intel chips out of the box, I've got this running with an i5 4690K, and 8GB of HyperX Savage and it runs like a dream.
on 26 June 2015
I've only had this motherboard for a couple of weeks now, but it's been as good as gold. I've got a g3258 processor in there purring at 4.2 gigahertz. I've even had it up to 4.5 briefly, but felt it was running a little too warm for comfort, so brought it back down to 4.2. For under £40 l think this is an excellent little motherboard and I highly recommend it to anyone.
on 8 March 2014
The motherboard is great, Only issues I had were on behalf of Amazon as they shipped me a used motherboard despite buying a "New" condition one the instruction manuals were used and had pen marks / creases in the pages and the ESD wrapper had been previously opened, there was noting i could do as I couldn't prove it was like it when it arrived but just a word of warning.
on 8 January 2016
I was really looking forward to this product as I had a lot of good reviews about it and hardly any bad ones, but when I received it and set up my PC I was shocked to find out the the product wasn't in working at all, i sent for a replacement and when that came i was shockd to see that the replacement didnt work either. I thought it must be something iv done wrong so i sent it to a computer shop for them to check and they said both motherboards are dead, The first one isnt producing any power at all the second one is being tempermental, it boots up sometimes but when it does it shuts down almost immediantly it also has hight temps of 70/75 highly disapointed and wont be using this company again
on 14 February 2015
Running a overclocked G3258 anniversary processor, 8GB ram, lovely little machine.
on 11 August 2015
Quality standard board. Some quite fancy bits of software to play with but for the price, an excellent buy.
Not for gaming though as there are (as expected) not enough memory slots or PCI slots but high quality
components and fixtures make this a great value board.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse