on 17 November 2013
Researched long and hard for replacement dipped beam halogens for my 2007 civic type r. Decided on these and they were delivered quickly. No problems fitting them and they provide a nice white beam but without the blinding caused by other bulbs you see around. Would definitely purchase again. Top marks
0Comment37 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2013
Great upgrade bulbs that produce an excellent white light and longer beam. perfect if you dont have HID/xenon standard units. very happy with the purchase.
on 12 January 2015
I've long advocated high efficacy bulbs rather than aftermarket Xenon HID kits.
The Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited is the latest ones I've tried. They produce strong white light and a good beam image.
Generally, they are very good but with a caveat. I find there is too much styling blue on them. The H7 works well in an old Alfa 147 reflector dip beam but not so well in a 05 Vectra dip beam. I think the Vectra projector lamps use more light coming through the blue filter.
Similarly, H4 main beam is not all it could be (Transit and Honda Jazz).
H1 bulbs are great though. Very little blue filter is used.

If I was to buy again, I'd probably go Philips or the Alite made Ring bulbs simply because there is less blue filter. I do not recommend the H7 bulbs in projector lamps from a light output point of view. Styling fans should love the crisp pure white light colour though.

As always, I checked for voltage drop at bulb connectors to ensure there was no bad connections or burnt relays.

These bulbs may have very short life in newer cars producing more than 14.0 volts.
on 14 April 2015
awesome.
they are as describe, a lot brighter and whiter and they do give more vision distance ahead
well happy, just got to get the main beam n side light bulbs now to complete the set..
review image
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2013
massive improvement on standard headlights. Second helping so must like them! Packaging a little confusing! Would recommend to anyone needing decent headlamps.
on 19 September 2015
Bought this in Dec 2014. At the car's June MOT, bulb was still OK. Neighbour just noticed it was burned-out this evening. <10months AND SUMMER MONTHS !!! i.e. very little use. I heard from folks that the stronger illumination necessiatated (or was at least commonly associated with) shorter lifecycle. I never really noticed a big increase in brightness after I fitted the bulb but i notice a BIG decrease in duration (OEM bulb lasted 5 years!, no change in use pattern of this vehicle in this interval). Yes I handled the bulb without touching the glass directly (used gloves / cloth). Osram: driving up the costs of motoring!
on 31 January 2014
The high beams on my new Hyundai i40 are real bad which are normal halogen bulbs. I bought two Philips Extreme visions and replaced the original ones. What a difference! Great upgrade! Although the light was still not acceptable as a main beam :( After I saw Osram had come with a new bulb claiming more light and whiter light I though of buying these. Honestly, I changed one bulb so I had the Unlimited on one side and the Xtreme Vision on the other.. The colour was almost identically the same although I saw some strange colours at the edge of the Osrams light which I didn't quite like (like a glaze of rainbow or so). After changing both the lights and driving on the same road I've been driving for almost a year here in Sweden, not just the light wasn't better than the Extreme Vision, I think it was a bit more yellowish and the light flow was not as "defined" as the Philips. I had a much more crisp ad defined light with the Philips. Maybe I'll keep this light for some time. It's still a great upgrade from the original philips bulb, but not better than the Extreme Vision.
on 3 December 2015
I installed the Night Breaker bulbs at the end beginning of June 2015, and both failed within 48 hours at the beginning of December 2015. I won't buy Osram bulbs again.
on 11 December 2014
I will NOT buy them again. Fitted on 17th July 2014 and 11th Dec. 2014 one failed. The lamp worked for 81hours and 8 minutes. I connected a timer to know exactly how long they last and not speculate by saying ...years, months etc.
They give a very good light, noticeable, brighter than standard. On that side I would give probably 5.
You make your decision. I'm not happy.
on 21 July 2015
I brought these Osram H7 bulbs a few months ago to replace "Philips X-Treme Power" bulbs which blew after 6 months. These Osram bulbs didn't last as long, the first one blew after 2 months and the second after 4 months. I had no issues with bulbs previously - I simply wanted to upgrade from the original Ford bulbs. To be honest the improvement from the Ford H7 bulbs, for both the Osram and Philips bulbs, was barely noticeable. The light is slightly whiter probably due to the blue coating on the bulb. If you want to upgrade or are forced to change bulbs don't bother with these or the Philips bulbs, try something else. These bulbs have been returned to Amazon for a refund.