1,145
Style Name: Night Breaker Unlimited|Size: Duo Box|Change

I bought these as I found during the winter that I was going through a bulb a fortnight.

I was about to let the garage run up a bill checking the electrics and then somebody suggested I should try something other than the bulb kits from the supermarket.

I am so glad they did as up till now (over 8 months), they're still going strong and even if they do go, there's the three year warranty on them.

They're reasonably bright, though not as bright as others, but I'll take that over a new bulb every few weeks.

---------

Update (Jan 2014)
I am pleased to report that they are still going strong

---------

Update (Jan 2015)
Once again I am please to say that the bulbs are still in fine working order!

--------

Update (June 2015)
One of these bulbs has now 'popped' - I haven't tried the replacement service as I sold the car the week after it went.

I'd still recommend them however and would probably buy them again.
77 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 February 2016
These were replacements for my yellow H7's headlights.
I PICKED THESE OVER THE PHILIPS X-tremeVision HEADLIGHTS.

♣ Unboxing ♣
The OSRAM nightbreakers came in a box that had two halves. A very secure box indeed and a premium packet.

You pull off the wrapper and unclip the two halves but be careful as the lights may drop.

♣ Build Quality & Fitting ♣
Felt just like H7 lightbulbs should and had a blue banding around the top and bottom of the bulb.

Fitting these bulbs were straight forward, unscrew your previous bulbs by turning them in a direction until loosened.
Pull out the bulb from the METAL part and not the glass.
Pull out the wires from the previous bulb.
Plug the wires into the OSRAM bulbs.
Fit in the OSRAM bulbs to your headlights.

It's easy but be careful and fit them securely making sure they're straight. You can FAIL your MOT if the beams are not aligned in the correct direction.

♣ Functionality ♣
These lights are incomparable to my lights I previously had. The yellowish tint I had previously is now replaced by a bright but soothing white light.

They did not bring up errors on my dash and worked excellently in night conditions.
It covers a wide area of light on the road and I can see a lot more ahead of me.

♣ Overall ♣
If you're looking to replace blown out or dim headlight bulbs, you should DEFINITELY go for these.

The value is great for the quality of headlights you receive, OSRAM have excellent products.
on 12 December 2013
A great set of bulbs, considerably brighter than the OEM bulbs they replaced, while not blinding oncoming traffic and as these are standard 55W bulbs you won't be affecting your next MOT and you won't be picking up any points/fines.

They aren't the cheapest bulbs around, and there's a good chance they won't last as long as the OEM bulbs, but if you spend any time driving the UK's A and B roads, I'm sure you'll find it money well spent!

I've also replaced the high beams and park lights with the bulbs below and couldn't be happier!

Osram Night Breaker Unlimited +110% 64150NBU H1 12V 55W Twin Pack of Headlight Bulbs and
Osram Cool Blue Intense 2825HCBI-02B W5W 12V 5W Twin Blister Pack
on 17 November 2013
Researched long and hard for replacement dipped beam halogens for my 2007 civic type r. Decided on these and they were delivered quickly. No problems fitting them and they provide a nice white beam but without the blinding caused by other bulbs you see around. Would definitely purchase again. Top marks
on 14 April 2015
awesome.
they are as describe, a lot brighter and whiter and they do give more vision distance ahead
well happy, just got to get the main beam n side light bulbs now to complete the set..
review image
on 7 May 2013
These are great, not the brightest but a great beam non the less, packaging is excellent, Plastic case then packed in a jiffy.
Reasonably straight forward to fit in my Saab 9-3 2009 Vector. although the right side is much easier to get to than the left.
Will update in three years to let everyone lnow how they last or sooner to reduce star rating if not.....
on 12 January 2015
I've long advocated high efficacy bulbs rather than aftermarket Xenon HID kits.
The Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited is the latest ones I've tried. They produce strong white light and a good beam image.
Generally, they are very good but with a caveat. I find there is too much styling blue on them. The H7 works well in an old Alfa 147 reflector dip beam but not so well in a 05 Vectra dip beam. I think the Vectra projector lamps use more light coming through the blue filter.
Similarly, H4 main beam is not all it could be (Transit and Honda Jazz).
H1 bulbs are great though. Very little blue filter is used.

If I was to buy again, I'd probably go Philips or the Alite made Ring bulbs simply because there is less blue filter. I do not recommend the H7 bulbs in projector lamps from a light output point of view. Styling fans should love the crisp pure white light colour though.

As always, I checked for voltage drop at bulb connectors to ensure there was no bad connections or burnt relays.

These bulbs may have very short life in newer cars producing more than 14.0 volts.
on 17 December 2013
Great upgrade bulbs that produce an excellent white light and longer beam. perfect if you dont have HID/xenon standard units. very happy with the purchase.
on 23 May 2013
I installed these bulbs on my 2008 Ford Focus mid-December 2011.

I use my headlights as daylight running lights (i.e. they are always on) and I cover approximately 9,000 miles per year. These bulbs are still going strong and I have noticed no difference in brightness.

I'm unsure how this compares to standard bulbs but I believe that I would have had to have replaced at least 1 standard bulb by now so I'm very happy.
on 17 March 2015
Very disappointed with bulb. Not INTENSE and definitely not BLUE! My old normal bulbs were better colour. It gives off the usual yellowy light, not even brilliant white!!!

I have added a picture with these bulbs next to 6000k hid headlights. The yellow light is this bulb!
review image