Style Name: Night Breaker Unlimited|Size: Duo Box|Change

on 28 December 2013
I have an old Citroen AX and my wife complained of the poor headlights when she had to drive it one night (normally only used in the day time). Read the reviews and the looked at the low price these were offer at so purchased them. The claim is 110% more light and a whiter light - well even with the AX's some what poor headlight reflectors these have made a major difference. Well worth the money - they don't dassle other road users. Only potential down side is Osram say they don't last as long as standard bulbs - ok so come the summer the standard bulbs go back in and these are saved for the winter months -excellent purchase.
on 29 December 2014
Bought for a mini that didn't seem to have great lighting of a night, the beam being a bit yellow.
Replaced one side with these and putting the lights on these bulbs were brighter but 110%?. If this means 10% more than standard then yes but I'm not sure if 10% more is anything to shout about.
If it means over double the standard, not a chance but I suppose this depends what "standard" is.
My guess (and it's only that) is maybe 20-25% better than what was fitted - every little helps.

I also thought it may be a whiter / bluer light source but side-by-side here didn't seem to be much difference.

Having said that at night the beam is good and well matched (I did change both bulbs in the end) with both lights hitting the same spot.

Overall the clue's in the title, very good supplier (good price and quick delivery) but not exactly revolutionary for me.
on 13 March 2014
These were delivered fast and luckily were easy to fit into my car. The next day I drove home from work and I could really tell the difference the light appears more white than the original bulbs on the car. Which does help with seeing at night they are also noticeably brighter which obviously makes driving at night not only safer but less tiring. The price is good as well for this pack of 2 which is still cheaper than a single lower quality bulb in halfords.
on 14 January 2014
Installed in a Transit van the lights have provided a much needed improvement to the lighting.

I have had no oncoming traffic "flash" me so I assume that they are not bothering other road users.
on 19 November 2015
For the money these are a great buy. Fitted to my Suzuki SV650S which has twin headlamps that are on continuously. Osram claim 110% more efficiency over a standard 55/60W bulb which is obviously difficult to prove. I initially replaced one bulb and the difference between the Night Breaker and the standard was very, very marked. A much whiter and brighter light which can only be a great help in seeing and being seen.
The only downside to these will be the fact that they will not last as long (as stated by Osram). Time will tell but as the original bulbs have lasted 8 years I am quite prepared to accept this. One of the old bulbs, wrapped well and kept under the seat, will do for me in case of failure.
A slightly more expensive alternative is the Philips 12342XV+S2 H4 X-Treme Vision. These are claimed as +110%. As I have another, older, SV with standard lights I have decided to equip that bike with the Philips. I will post a review on those when I have done a back to back test.
on 16 January 2014
Nice bright white light, noticeably different to the yellow light my standard bulbs had, not sure about lighting up further ahead but certainly makes it better driving at night
on 18 July 2015
I cannot stress how much of an improvement these are over the OEM bulbs that my brand new Nissan Navara started with. Whereas the beam pattern and visual distance with the old bulbs was ropey at best, and a noticeably weak yellow hue, these replacements let you see a lot farther, with a crisp white light that lets you see much more clearly at night. Not only is the visual distance on dipped beam stronger, but also enough light radiates beyond the pattern and will thus reflect off road signs and hi-vis jackets etc letting you see potential hazards a long way off. Main beam is stronger and clearer as well. In all an easy 100% improvement over the originals. This is the second time I have bought upgrade OSRAM bulbs and I would recommend them to anyone. You can see how much clear and better the manufacture is in the bulbs themselves quite clearly. They are physically smaller and less opaque than the standard bulbs I removed. I do not know why halogen lit vehicles aren't equipped with this kind of product to start with rather than the obviously much inferior and cheaper versions so many cars seem to have.
on 17 March 2016
Lights are ok.

Did an exercise with an SLR with fixed aperture and exposure and took photos before and after instillation.

They are certainly whiter and possibly marginally brighter, but not much.

Unfortunately I did not have much distance in my trail but is quite clear that the OEM and Unlimited are not much different.
review image review image review image review image
on 31 October 2015
Changed 35/35w HS1 OEM Osram BiLux in my Honda Motorbike as it was very yellow and I wanted more power with a 60/55w and the H4 fits an HS1 fitting, this is def a whiter headlamp bulb than the OEM but its far from looking Xenon Blue, I have also changed the Halogen 5w sidelight bulb in the same reflector with an Osram LED 6000K which is superb, this is always on as well so the light looks way better than before with both bulbs changed at the same time. The photos show before and after with the BiLux/Cool Blue Intense, both photos have the 5w LED Osram 2850 sidelamp installed which helps massively. For the price of two pints for 2 bulbs its great value so no complaints. I havent tested it yet on the road but with nearly double the wattage it will make a massive difference regardless.
review image review image
on 26 December 2013
Fitted these H4 Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs to my 2006 Mini Cooper as I nearly fell off the road with the standard bulbs they were so poor! The Osrams are much better, the dipped bulb is bright although I have seen more distance from Halfords Extereme bulbs, not a fair comparison as they were H7 (dipped bulb only) on a different car. The full beam on the Osram H4 is great, lights up the road very well.