5.0 out of 5 stars worth a read
I was hooked from the first chapter, couldn't put it down, I recommend this book had not heard of this author before so will be reading more of her books
Published 4 months ago by liz spence

3.0 out of 5 stars lovely story, but missed out on details
Published 12 months ago by Mrs M

5.0 out of 5 stars worth a read, 19 Jun 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars lovely story, but missed out on details, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Willing Exile (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book for many reasons. Perhaps the most important for me though was my link to the places she lived. Being on Mayo origin, brought up in Leeds & now living in Birmingham I longed for more details of the places I know so well. Where did she reside in Birmingham... Where were the church halls she danced at... Where was the pharmaceutical factory... Where did her brothers & father live in Leeds... There isn't even a mention of Attymass in the book, but I found out this was her homeland by googling her. Despite all these questions, Marrie is a fantastic writer and I can't wait to get stuck into "An Irish Country Childhood".

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Follow-up, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Willing Exile (Kindle Edition)
A very interesting follow-up to her 'An Irish Country Childhood'. Perhaps not as many characters and tales but a fascinating look at post war England and especially Birmingham from the perspective of a very young and almost naive outsider.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excluded, 7 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Willing Exile (Kindle Edition)
The theme was really impressive and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The one problem I had was the very small printed words.

The Willing Exile